1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Zebo dog or not?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by ABK, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

ABK how does being related to Zebo make a dog a Zebo dog? Most Lonzo dogs are heavy Vindicator and have little Zebo in them. That ped you post Lonzo's Danger has Zebo in there 1x that's it. Just because a dog is a 1/2 brother or littermate to a great dog doesn't make it that dog. You had a good example with the Red Boy and Yellow dogs. But if I have a dog that is 1/2 Ch. Charlie, 1/4 Ch. Missy and 1/4 Jeep that isn't a Jeep dog just because they are all littermates.

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That's funny ... b/c many ppl would indeed consider your example to be a Jeep dog since all 3 dogs in the ped are related to Jeep!

Look at Thunder Knls. Most consider their dogs to be Jeep/Zebo dogs not Charlie/Zebo dogs. Why? B/c Jeep & Charlie were littermates!

As I stated before, Lonzo dogs are considered Zebo dogs b/c not only are they Zebo bred but of how heavy they are in the component blood that made up Zebo. For example, say your father was Tom & your mother was Sherry. Are not both you & your brother 50% Tom & 50% Sherry? Yes! You may have inherited different traits, but the component blood is the same!

In the case of Zebo/Vindy & Jeep/Charlie the point is rendered even more moot since both Vindy & Charlie were just as good (if not better) than their more famous brothers!

Just some food for thought ... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2006
  3. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Actually what you said makes no sence. You are saying that a dog that is 1x Zebo or Jeep is of that line and any dog that is related to that dog? How? So is Garner's Travis/Rocca's Stonewall a Jeep dog? He is heavy bred on Jeep's mother Honeybunch so I guess he is.

There is also a lot of difference in offspring. You might have similiar DNA to your brother, but you are not same as him. If Jeep and Charlie are the "same" why did Jeep produce and Charlie didn't? Same with Jeep sister Ch Missy or for that matter Honeybunch's littermate sister.

4. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

5. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

A Luniewski dog.

6. lol...i'd call that dog "butch" :)

7. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You answered your own question Scotsman. There is a difference between "dogs" & "lines." Zebo was a dog. The Zebo "line" on the other hand consists of Zebo & his relatives.

But for ease of conversation we don't refer to dogs of the Zebo line as "Zebo line dogs," we just call them Zebo bred dogs or simply Zebo dogs.

As for the dogs, I'd consider the 1st dog a Luniewski dog & the 2nd dog a Carver dog. But that is just me.

9. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

The line is ZEBO, the breeder is Luniewski, :) IMO

10. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

I very much so agree with scotsman...IMO lonzo dogs are more vindicator than anything. Just because Vindicator was zebos brothers doesnt make vindicators offspring zebo dogs. THe Jeep/Charlie thing same answer. Like scotsman was saying with stonewall, same would go for CH Mechanic...HE was a very heavy honeybunch dog with jeep in his ped 1 time and CH missy(jeeps littermate) in his ped 1 time. Would you honestly call mechanic a jeep dog...being that jeeps mother shows up 4 times in the 3rd gen...which makes honeybunch the only bitch in his 3rd gen. I would really hope you wouldnt call him a jeep dog..lol.

11. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

No, I would not have called that dog a Bolio dog at all. But if you took that dog & bred it to Bolio I would consider a pup off that union to be a pure Bolio dog.

For example, consider this male:

http://71.13.117.135/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=100970

As you can see, they bred Buba to his sister, took a pup off that & bred it back to Buba & took a pup off that & bred it back to Buba again. I would consider this dog a pure Buba dog.

Some ppl call Lonzo dogs Zebo dogs, some call them Zebo/Vindy dogs. IMO either is correct.

As for Mechanic, I haven't seen his ped in a long, long time, but I think he was a Honeybunch bred dog.

As for Luniewski dogs, most ppl call them "Luniewski" dogs that b/c it is a certain strain of Zebo dogs. Luniewski dogs aren't bred the same as Lonzo dogs or Panther dogs, etc. While all are Zebo dogs, to differentiate between the strains, Luniewski dogs are called just that - Luniewski dogs!

As a side note, Luniewski dogs are actually Zebo crosses - Zebo, Sorrells & Snooty I think. Contrary to popular belief, there is no "pure" Zebo blood anymore, it all has been outcrossed at one time or another. But don't tell that to Lonzo or Steve L.! lol... lol...

Well, I think I'm going to retire for the day. Have fun! ;)

13. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Yes he does do some crossing, mostly Midnight Cowboy. :)

14. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

ABK you might not call that a Bolio dog but you'd call Jeep's sister, Missy, a Jeep dog?!

15. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

both of thoese dogs are Van Pelt's Dogs not Razors Edge.
    A friend with RE dogs let me use his peds online and his RE cros dog has those Van Pelt's dogs in her so he thought they were RE. BUT their not.
    I do need to fix that.

16. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Jeep/Chinaman Bingo your the winner oh wait Bingo is a Redboy dog lol lol.....

17. ooh, ooh, ooh....what do i win??? >:)

18. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

You win a free trip to Okinawa,Japan. lol lol.......Dam I didnt know you live in Japan did you ever hear of the Japan American pitbull terrier club?