1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts on this ped

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by elpanico23, Oct 25, 2009.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

At a quick glance it looks not to shabby, (from the 3rd generation back, I don't know about anything from the 3rd generation forward) esentially Bolio/Snooty/Redboy with a sprinkle of Jocko in there, but just a dash:D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

the parents both look nice and its stated they are intense animals, so with a decent ped id give one a try

3. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

big fan of patricks and like mims looks great on paper

4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

the leblance blood is something to like she has decent dogs if you know what to look for on the yard

Ive been to her yard a few times its been a while though

her yard is immpressive though

5. preme

preme CH Dog

6. Red Devil

Red Devil Big Dog

Very nicely bred pups. I'd say you have a good'n or more in there!;)

7. ROSE

ROSE Banned

The ped. is just that,a ped. it doesn't mean that the pups will follow the paperwork.if all we had to do is match paper work EVERY ONE would have,SURE ATHLETES.

8. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I hear people say this all the time and I don't realy think it makes sense. It has something to do with pedigrees. I would love to hear how you do it. Could you please enlighten us?

9. ROSE

ROSE Banned

If it doesn't make any sense to you keep breeding the way you want.:)

10. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I am just wondering how you do it. We are all here to learn. If you don't look at the dogs pedigree, I am wondering how you do it.

Thanks!

11. AGK

Personally, I have to have a good pedigree to start with or I can't see how you can have a sucessfull breeding program not knowing whats behind the dog your breeding (this of course is subjective to how much you trust the people you get your dogs from and the level of their honesty), Best to best is a great practice no doubt, but, it don't always work out that way (actually alot of times it don't work out like you would think it would, just look at all the breedings people have done over the years, this Ch to that Ch or Gr Ch to Ch that didn't produce squat) Yet someone with a pretty pedigree breeds to another pretty pedigree and you get a litter of killers ( this don't always work out this way either as most know, it's a crap shoot any way you do it) But with a pedigree you at least have a blue-print to say, on where to start looking, what dogs would best suit what your dog and/or the line itself is lacking, and also gives you some consistancy, especially when line breeding/in-breeding. I realize the dogs can't read their pedigrees, but I can, so I can make appropriate choices on which way to take a dog when breeding to help myself out as far as putting together something that can throw some real percentages. With Scatterbreds and unknowns, I feel it's harder to throw consistant percentages with because of the looseness of the gene pool makeing it harder to consistantly produce on a regular basis..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
  12. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Beleive me, anyone that says breeding is a crap shoot, hasn't been doing this long enough to know the science behind it.

13. AGK

How is it not? If it were a perfect science then everyone would have that fire and currs and cold dogs would be like 8 tracks. Top breeders still don't always get what they thought they would get out of certian breedings. Some work out and some don't. Whole litters of deep game dogs would be as common as them 80lb blue gatamoufs if it was that easy. There are many, as I'm sure you know, circumstances that make great dogs, not just I stuck this Ch to that Ch.

14. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

now thats pretty naive right there.
    sure, there is a "science" behind breedings, but the fact remains it will always be a 100% crapshoot. those who dont believe that, its time for an introduction- ass, meet elbow.

15. AGK

My point is starting with pedigree behind a dog lets you narrow it down a little easier I think compared to say having no clue how your dog is bred and hoping it works out.

16. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

The reason that it is not a crap shoot is why certain kennels will always have fast lane dogs and the rest will be broke down on the side of the road, lol. You guys keep thinking its a crap shoot. it will do me a favor down the road. AGK, you should asked Bull Skull if its a crap shoot and see what he says.

17. That ped looks decent but the the the sire and the dam dont look like theyve even been rolled lol never mind tested. Do some homework on it before you buy a pup.

18. ROSE

ROSE Banned

19. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

again-your statements are naive as can be... either that or you are as green as your screenname display mr.super moderator.

know much about the fastlane? i dont think you do. how bout percentages? again, i dont think you do.
    30% is GREAT! anything more than that and you have an anamoly
    100% is not realistic, and never has been- i dont care what kennel you think is putting them out. show me one that is showing at 100% and i will show you someone who is handpicking to pad and peddle, merely going into bluffs.

its a crap shoot, dont care if you dont like it or not, its the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts.
    you have been here almost 2 months, no need to pound your chest so hard.