1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your ideal dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by The Lionheart, Jan 3, 2017.

1. I'm interested in seeing what each of your preferences are. I really like the smaller game dogs, and a lot of people agree. I have also been seeing a lot of these beautiful 55-60+ dogs that others think are the ideal APBT. Maybe this is a good opportunity to show off your own stunners. ;)

As far as color goes, I love the deep reds and chocolates.

2. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Ideal dog for me would be a 30-35lb male thats pure white. Like the old school dogs and you don't see pure white dogs anymore. The dog in the center photo is exactly the look I want.

Vintage-Pit-Bull-9.jpg

italianpit likes this.
  3. Wow, very cool. I didn't realize they were ever quite as small as 30 lbs, or that there were ever all-white APBT. From what I've read, pits that are predominantly white often come with a whole host of genetic problems, like deafness. I've seen/heard that a few times now.

Why don't we see those dogs anymore?

4. 80BOWTIE

80BOWTIE Big Dog

Ch. Chinaman. Ideal conformation and game

5. Yeah, that form is damn near perfect, isn't it? Even I know about Ch. Chinaman, and I'm completely new to game dogs. I don't even own yet. I have heard his name repeatedly, like a legend or something.

The thing that interests me about Chinaman is his temperament. From what I've read, he was not human aggressive, but was so game that he would bite out of excitement. I can't begin to understand what working with these dogs is like, but I wonder. I really want the chance to experience these game dogs!

6. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I believe it must be that the dogs have been bred for function over color for so long that the white is very diluted now.

7. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Chinaman has a different shaped head. There is little to no stop on his head similar to a old style bull terrier. I just noticed this while looking at a print of him on my wall next to Jeep. Chinaman would be one of the top dogs of all time in my books.
    Chinaman.jpg images (3).jpg jeep-pit-bull-1.jpg

PlugUgly likes this.
  8. Kinda hard to see exactly in that shot, but I see what you mean.

What's that old photo?

9. [​IMG]
    This is apparently him.

10. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

One that can piss gas and shit gold

oakgrove, promoe and 80BOWTIE like this.
  11. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

The old photo is Crenshaw's Jeep aka the bulldog of the century. One of the best if not the best producers of all time. A very well put together pit bulldog.

12. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

One thing I will let you know is most pit bulldog fanciers don't care to much on color or looks unless its blue (blue is not a game dog extremely rare anyhow diluted black gene I think more of a show dog like a staff they stay far away from blue) there #1 goal is athletic function and gameness. Also what blood the dogs are off of but looks and color mean little. Have you looked at what any kennels have to offer?

13. Yeah, that's another one I hear a lot of people praise. Jeep and Red Boy. I assume this is a cross of two lines, but I don't actually know. I'll look into that.

Really the only current, maintained kennel websites I've come across are the ones that a Google search yielded. Almost all of them seem to produce strictly the OFRN types, red, chocolate, red mask, etc. They also seem to be on the larger side of the standard, like 50+ lbs. So, they're not typically the small guys we talked about, but still beautiful dogs. And I even followed links here and there to find videos of dogs they produced. A lot of them have what looks like high drive (to me) during bite work and that sort of thing.

The thing is, I can't read a pedigree like you guys can, especially when the only names I recognize are the decades-old legendary dogs. So, I really don't know if I'm looking at something high end or not.

Some of the dogs I like are from Bryant's Red Devils, Real Deal Chocolates, Southern Inferno, and Red Wood. Those are pretty much the only ones I've looked at so far.

14. One thing I've tried today was checking out videos/channels of guys' yards. I really like the dogs that spaz out, show a lot of balls and energy. lol Young dogs chewing your shoes as you walk by. I imagine this is some indicator of intensity because they don't all react that way.

15. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Check out Tom Garner kennels he has real game dogs. The kennels you were looking at are NOT real game dogs. Tom Garner is one of the only yards open to public sale.

16. Thanks, I'll do that.

17. promoe

promoe Top Dog

and bites like a croc...

lol @ whats the old pic. sorry lionheart had to laugh. btw the young ones that bite at my boots as I walk by get a metal bowl to the dome!

18. lol No worries. I'm sure you guys can get some more laughs as I continue to ask ignorant questions. It's all good. I'm here to get educated.

19. promoe

promoe Top Dog

gotcha..keep reading and researching. but the only thing that's actually going teach is getting first hand experience. get you a pup from solid lines and responsible breeder,build a relationship with both of them, come back in a cpl of years and read your posts. I bet you will be able answer 99% of your questions.

btw the background of the forum is a jeep/redboy dog...his name is mojo ;)

rodeoman069 and Box Bulldog like this.
  20. Here's one; when should you be worried about a tightly-bred dog? For instance, the kennel Box mentioned is talking about making dogs that are 75%+ Redman. If you want a super game dog, then I'm sure you could get it that way. But if you then bred that dog, wouldn't you start running into problems, or at least running that risk?