1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

your 1st dog??

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by JohnsonKennels, Jul 28, 2005.

1. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

best friend copped one off of a buddy who had some non-game dogs his brother gavem. man that dog is the best pet ever. so after searchen for a while i found a rescue in BR after katrina and picked my lil alien up.

2. Bakercloud

Bakercloud Big Dog

I was born into apbt's. My step-dad had 8th gen pups from his first dog APBT buster. My two older brothers had dogs, one always had rednosed, the other brother always had all black. Ped where not the focus in our family discussions, it was always what my dog could do that threre's could not :). As a family we had other dogs as i grew up, but at age 18 I purchased my first rednosed male from ch. conformation lines out of seattle, wa. I also aqiured a alligater female around the same time, but my male calmly snapped her back as we walked down my hallway. About two years ago he retired form city life and has gone to the family kennels. I most recently aquired Alexus, and she is from much different blood. (still waiting for ped.) I love my APBT and enjoy the breed whole heartedly. You can see my female in my gallery. By Mid-Jan I'll have my Male on this site and hopefully the ped posted.

3. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i just gto my frist one i wonderful brindle stud i have im for 4 mouths but im onley 20 so i got a lot to learn on the breed

4. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

i got my first dog that was ALL mine for my 14th birthday. She was the daughter of the first dog my family ever got. My dog's mother came of a yard in Georgia, but i will not specify who's. If you want to know, ask, but anyway... the first dog my family got i was eleven when she arrived home!

5. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

I got my first bulldog back in 1988 when I was 18. She was one of the best dogs that I have ever owned and the one that got me hooked on the breed.

6. Bakercloud

Bakercloud Big Dog

:)

Thanks for a quick blast into the past. This quick little thread here brought back alot of memorys. thanks :) Still smiling

7. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i got my first pit about 20 years ago, best dang dog you,ve ever seen,

8. I was NOT born into the breed. Growing up, we had an Akita, Austalian Sheppard, Bassett Hound, and for most of my life, my mother had a Mini Poodle. She's 15 yrs old now. Well, in H.S. I bought a Pitbull/Boxer mix. I loved that dog. His name was O.D. O.D. was stolen from me at about 6 months old. Im not a huge fan of Boxers, but I loved my little O.D. When it came time to get another dog, it had to be the better half of my little guy...so I got into APBT's. I haven't looked back since. Fast forward....and now, I got my wife into them. She likes the Showy 'Staff-type...ones with longer legs and flashy colors....But its one hell of a turn-around from begging me for a Cocker Spaniel or a Maltese for years!!!!

9. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

I inherited my first one, lol. My husband had him before we were married and his dog and I bonded instantly. He was the greatest dog we ever had. RIP

10. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

My first pit was Venus.
    [​IMG]
    She's 13 now and I got her when I was 21. I got her when she was three weeks old and I was her second owner so it gives you some idea of what her "breeder" was like.

11. I have had my girl for about 4 months now and I am 22. She is Gaff/Chaingang lines. Beautiful girl. I wouldn't trade or sell her for anything.

12. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Got my first guy when i was 19. Hes 5 years old now, hes Hemphill/Wallace bred, i dont deal with that blood now (i have mostly carver), but hes a good bulldog, and i couldnt get rid of him. I knew nothing about bulldogs, just about huge petbulls, i got lucky with him, hes the biggest i have, but not huge. Hes 54 pounds cw. I was damn lucky, i took him to the dog park alot when i first got him, thank god he was a later starter, otherwise i would been in big trouble!

Theres a pic of him in my Gallery, hes the one w/the "scenic" background lol

13. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

My Husband had Carver's when I met him about 10 years ago and he had them about eight before that. Don't have any of them now, but they were good dogs. We have China now and she is Jeep/Colby. We have been blessed though because all our dogs have been sweet, loving companions.

14. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

my first is like 1.5 yrs ago and i still have him and he is a watchdog