1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

your 1st dog??

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by JohnsonKennels, Jul 28, 2005.

1. JohnsonKennels

JohnsonKennels Big Dog

i was just wonderin about what age(and year that was) did you all get your 1st apbt, and do you know what line it was from.
    thanks

2. Our 1st APBT was a rescue. The original owner was a punk kid who got her to fight her but never did, and his parents were taking care of her. They got tired of doing it so they told his brother ( a friend of ours) to get rid of her or they were going to take her out and shoot her. She was 6 months old and that was in 2003. She is posted in my gallery. She's brindle and an angel!

3. Marty

Marty Guest

Early 70s for my first, and I had no idea, but looking back he was a hell of a bulldog :)

The guy said if you can get your hands on him I could have him lol
    Well it took me 2hrs but I got him in the car papers and all, he would bluff the shit out of ya :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2005
  4. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i had mine when i was 5,sorrel cross

5. msheely

msheely Big Dog

Had mine for about four months now. Love him to death. Chocolate red nose. Thats all I know, all I need to know. He's eleven months old 49lbs and a looker. Was given to me by a lady who had no business owning any dog. He was under weight and not very well taken care of. Now he is well fed, well taken care of, and couldnt be happier.

6. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

my first was almost 3 years ago he is a bybreed pooch but he is my baby and i wouldn't trade him for nothing

7. Marty

Marty Guest

But I must add my cousins had them when I was born, so you could say been around them all my life.
    My dad had coonhounds when when I was 1yr old, had like 12 in the 50s, lol I never got into the hound though, pitbulls is the only way for me :)

8. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

My first pit was 3 weeks ago and I love her to death. She is now 4 months old and weighs 26 pounds.

9. GameKid16

GameKid16 Big Dog

I was born into a family raisin them, dont know the lines just BYB in the 90's

10. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

I got my first dog 24 years ago, in 1981. It was an Eagleton, Decordova dog. That dog could've got me in alot of trouble if he could talk. LMAO. In February, when we decided to go full blown back into this breed, we purchased our first dogs in 16 years and they are kin to my first dog, and this was not done intentionally. We live over 400 miles from where I got my first dog. What a deal. Damn I miss that dog. Ain't it funny how life gives you these kinds of blessings even when you don't deserve em?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2005
  11. Got my first Pitbull several years ago. I was walking my dog at the time when all of a sudden a see this dog come out of the bush. It was a red/rednose pitbull. He was a gorgeous bulldog. I feed him a little food and told him to get lost since I knew my dad would never allow me to keep two dogs. The next day I was about to go to school when I saw him laying beside my house. I ended up giving the pitbull to a friend but his dad believed the hysteria about pitbulls and sprayed the water hose on the dog to scare the dog into leaving the yard.

I got my second pitbull about a year ago. I took her from an aquintance that left her abandoned in an old house to starve to death. She made a full recovery but unfortunately she had temperment issues so I had to put her to sleep.

12. runt

runt Big Dog

I got my first in 2000, he wasn't reg. but his dad was,old family/coby/eli. still have him love him to death.

13. youngster

youngster Big Dog

got my first APBT when i was 13 or so. she was pretty, light buckskin with just about a perfect white diamond on her back. her name was Roxy. but i had been around Pits my whole life because my niebors on both sides of me raised them. so i was always playing and messing with them/

14. I was raised with pits in the family grand dad had them dad had them and my uncles had them . lightner dogs from ireland still got them to this day .

15. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I was lucky to be born into them too, my Uncle my (step)dad his brother and my other family on my moms side all had Redboy/Jeep dogs and some good early crosses back in the day, my Uncle also had some stuff straight off Chinaman and a few Dibo dogs, he even had a real old dog even then off of Finleys Bo, I remember that dog ...he died in the early eighties when I was young, some ancestors are still around, still good dogs...but most of my Family sold out and is old and not in them anymore, Then when I was like 8 I found this female walking down the street, a red red nose bitch, I let her follow me home and told my dad she was going to be my first brood bitch and her new name was Betsy and I needed a male to start breeding my own stuff like him, I laugh every time I think about it now...I knew nothing about gameness or blood or breeding at the time...My daddy laughed so hard... and told me if I wanted to keep her I had to put her on a chain buy my own food and vaccinate her and do everything myself, Then he told me if she was no good I had to get rid of her some how...he said I could use his supplies but I had to start helping more with the dogs to earn that right...so I did...Betsy was around for a few weeks, she was as cold as a January evening in a steel shed... but she was a very sociable dog, my dad asked me what I was going to do with her, I told him I was going to walk her back around where I found her to see if she goes to her house, she did...lol...the guy was so happy, he gave me 50 bucks and I went and bought a dog off my dad with it..he told me he was proud of me and I did the right thing, so did my dad, I now know he was letting me make my own decision and see theres walls to walk into, we talked about that so many times after I grew, he told me he knew then I was going to be a dogman and understand the rules..I have still never bred a dog since I learned the RULES so early... they are a cardinal rule with me now... and I been around enough good ones to feel good about it if I had bred them...but I just farmed them out or kept tabs on them with friends and family...personal choice, I wanted to go on a strict path with my favorite dogs..., lol..so funny to me when I think about it now, so my dad sold me a little female with my reward money, I named her scallywag ( my favorite word at 8) ...lol. She showed up and was a good dog, she eventually produced the first dog I ever really focused on... 8 years later at a way too young 16...I will never forget my first dog..she showed me a lot and lived till a ripe old age of 12...long enough to spread a very lethal disease in my blood I hope I die from. The first one you have is strangely always the most memorable good or bad, cold or hot.. they either drive you to love them for their qualities or come to terms with reality and see theres a better dog out there,..regardless either way we learn from it the same and see its something we need to learn from forever and use... to give back and preserve our breeds traits and standards.

16. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

my neighbor from when i was old enough to remember has always had pits redboy/jocko redboy/snooty my dad had deer hounds all my life also but i used to get payed to clean the crap up and water them everyday from big enough to even carry a shovel when i was 7 my neighbor gave me a pup i've had them ever since and i will not have any thing but a pit i don't know what it would be like not to have one???? never even thought about it!!! d**n it would suck not to have a pit!

17. JohnsonKennels

JohnsonKennels Big Dog

Personally i was 20 yrs old and lived in a small town with not a one pit in it. A guy i played ball with, his dad had been breedin pits since he came up from mexico and i was told he had a little comin up soon. so i talked my folks into lettin me get it as i was stayin with them to help around the place during summer break from college. I picked the runt, and i'll tell you why. IMO runts are the hardest fighters, not game , but they try so much harder because they have to in order to survive.I named her "Kilo-Gram", wanted a name that no other female dog had. even though i don't know much about where she came from, i would never get rid of her. thats my first child as fare as i'm concerned. my little girl. I got her for $50 bucks, she grew up with my moms boston terrier so she learned a few tricks lmao.funny little bitch she is. she slept in my bed till she was about 6months then when i went back to school she had to learn the chain.
    thanks for everyones replies and keep on posting.

18. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

I think I was 7 or 8 when I got my first APBT from my cousin. He died a tragic death at 2 years old when his chain wrapped around his neck while I was at school. I learned that day of how valuable a Swivel is.

19. my first apbt was and still is Diegoh... he isn't papered but the people i brought him from showed me the parents peds and i remember seeing boudreaux but what really got my attention was there was gator in his bloodline so thats why i decided to buy from them... plus Diegoh was just so damn cute and i couldnt resist brindles... :D

20. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

Our first pit adopted us when we went to a shelter in 1997. She was 9 months old and ran right to my husband -- wouldn't leave his side. We now have 4 and I'd have more if my husband would "let" me, LOL!