1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

young and get it done

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by gogettem, Mar 23, 2010.

1. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I have seen sooooooo many young dogs rushed.I personaly never seen a dog rot on a chain or go stale. I'm not saying it don't or can't happen espesialy in the days of 200 Dog yards. However The overall message to the yong or inexperienced dogger should be to let there dogs mature no madder how hot thay act. .We all know if the dog isn't being worked by a certain time.The person will more than likely never work the dog and this is most likely a pattern with this person.

2. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

^^^^^^^^^^^^^x.2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3. This is my point, within reason for sure...

4. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I agree some dogs are just special, shouldn't be the practice of any man but some just are special. I remember a male by name of Radar, 10 months old beat a Ch his first time out. Remember the gentleman saying, "this dog is beyond special and he dont know he is 10 months old." Also said he would never ever bring a dog out that young but it was something special about him.

5. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

That s really all that it is Special one in a million type dogs. Its so easy to ruin a young dog by bringing out the puppy in them when they are not mature. If you have that one in a million type dog then go for it but he will still be a one in million dog a two yrs old best bet is to just wait. YIS Ole Man

6. I agree ....

7. Mashamplan

Mashamplan Big Dog

I agree. Even if they one in a million, allowing them to age wont harm the dog's ability to perform.

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

It should only be more savvy, poised and complete. Excellent point.

9. Now you say ducked? That's some strong words.. Why not just the owners couldn't come up with An agreement! I state facts... Not what's on peds online! Like I said, Balboa & Scar or Radio, best I've ever seen, Aces! And anyway what gr ch are you talkin bout he ducked?

10. I would say Scar.

11. Defanged

Defanged Pup

Awesome beast!!!

12. I'm holding too youngnz looking to get it done! Both 16 months. Willis has no understanding of socialization!

13. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Wardog Kennels Gr. Ch. Slammer won his 1st at 10 months going 1:23. His 2nd at either 14 or 16 months beating a 1xw and going :38.

14. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

His original owner never could sit on a dog lol wasn't Slammer's last one at like 7 years old so he must have had a lot of time off in between there as well?

15. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

His last one was when he was 5 yrs old.

16. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

Is it the two chillin on the sofa in your pic???

17. tony.macc.52

tony.macc.52 Big Dog

DP,I firmly believe in that! See it in my dogs and your % will improve greatly also....two early starting line bred animals will produce more and early starters!! As with any u must set standards high and cull accordingly.