1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

YesBiscuit!: Moses Lake, WA Gleeful about BSL Victims in Local Shelter

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by YesBiscuit!, Apr 19, 2009.

1. YesBiscuit!

YesBiscuit! Big Dog

The city of Moses Lake, WA enacted BSL on January 1st, 2009. In order for residents to keep their Pitbulls, Rottweilers or Presa Canarios, they must pay a $250 registration fee, neuter and microchip the pet, buy $200,000 worth of insurance in case the dog bites, and confine to the pet to an enclosed structure.Why this sucks:Most Pitbulls, Rottweilers and Presa Canarios - and most dogs of any

More...

2. RedNozeChamp

RedNozeChamp Big Dog

How do i find out whats goin on in Ca?? I hear bsl is in the near future here in Ca. I just wish they would stop backyard breeders it would help. Mandatory spay/nueter for unregistered dogs but that wont happen. They dont want to compromise with anyone easier to just ban

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I'm sure the way most of California thinks,BSL is coming.As far as backyard breeders,they have a right to breed and people have a right to not buy pups from them if they choose.A mandatory spay,neuter law is like BSL.It's simply the government telling people what to do with their property.Always a terrible idea.There are some good unregistered dogs out there,and ADBA right now is registering some of the most worthless mutts I've ever seen.So just because a dog has some papers attached to it doesn't make it the product of responsible breeding.

chinasmom likes this.
  4. RedNozeChamp

RedNozeChamp Big Dog

I hear you Gh i myself own 2 unregistered pit bulls but if i had to choose id rather accept tougher restrictions over an all out ban. Problem with byb's is a ton of people dont know what there doing! And they sell to too people who dont understand this commitment end up spoiling it for the rest of us who do know. Too many idiots leave their fuckin dogs at the shelters when they have to move or they lose intrest, most of the time they dont understand the breed and bad shit happens to those people, its fucking it up for the responsible owners. I dont want goverment in my backyard either but something does need to change.

5. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I agree BYBs are churning out one bad bred dog after another.And I don't approve of seeing all these $1000 cur bred dogs out there.But I don't buy them either.I'm sure some do end up in shelters.Probaly alot.But the ones I truly feel sorry for are the dogs like Boudreaux's and Ed Faron's dogs.Good bred dogs that were removed against their owners will.I feel sorry for the dogs and the owners.But a true dogman will not put a dog in a shelter.I have never had a dog in a shelter and never will,at least not willingly.Dirt nap before a shelter.I just don't think it's a good idea to hand them over any of our rights to try and save another one.The people wanting BSL will not stop until they get it and then they'll want something else.That's the way they work.It may be a fight we can't win,I don't know.But we have to continue to fight for the right to own the dogs of our choice and never give in.

6. RedNozeChamp

RedNozeChamp Big Dog

I was pissed

Hey Gh i had to wait inside the county shelter here to get my dogs licensing and within 1 hour time i seen 3 sets of idiots with pb's. Two of them almost killed each other cause the lady thought she can raise them together, another person claimed the dog was left behind by a nieghbor and the other dude just paid money to surrender his dog. One thing strange to me is all these dogs were overweight

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

There's alot of people that probaly just don't need a dog,that's the reason there getting dumped in shelters.It sounds like the woman that left them together should have known better.I don't know why anyone would pay good money to surrender a dog.A pitbull in a shelter most likely has about a 0% chance of survival.Sad but true.All APBT owners need to vote against the politicians pushing BSL laws,unfortunatly we're in the minority and probaly won't win to many victories but if all else failed I'd move before surrendering my dogs.

8. RedNozeChamp

RedNozeChamp Big Dog

Ill move too no doubt hopefully not too far