1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wouldn't ya know it? lol.

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by ABK, Oct 30, 2009.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I purchased a blue pup for my husband. He's been wanting a blue dog but didn't want anything w/ RE, Gotti or an AmBully of any type. So we go to pick up this pup & he is really good looking. Very sweet little dog. Small but well proportioned, blue with a white chest & white back toes with what appears to be nice conformation.

But here's his pedigree:
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=278583

Go figure. Pure TNT. lol.

Oh well, at least he doesn't have any bully blood in him! ;)

Oh BTW, guess how much we paid for this ADBA reg. "rare blue????" $200. That's right. $200. And to think people are buying $1500 blues. :rolleyes:

2. xxDiDDxx

xxDiDDxx Pup

SHIIIIIIIT!!! TNT IS BULLY BLOOD!!! WTF!!! My blue bitch is GAMED OUT!!!!!! tnt is way more bully than Watchdog! My bitch goes back to 3x Hank/redboy/vindicator/ chinabuck /red dog/ bullet wit a lil watchdog.

3. xxDiDDxx

xxDiDDxx Pup

Anytime you see UKC or 'PR' you should kno. I gotta chick on my MS pg... her yard is heavy on that TnT blood, Woody tried to play me out cause my blue bitch got a lil watchdog n her blood. Check peds online for BARDEN's SIRE DUKE x EVAN's MS FOUR!!! My girl is 3x King's COCO.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You must not know much about TNT blood my friend. AST bred? Yes. Bully? No. Not even close. For the most part TNT dogs were still kept within correct standard.

5. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

The registry don't make the dog, thats the owners desecion(sp). I know some good ukc dogs as well as some akc dogs. As far as the pups ped I like the miss sheba bitch and how she was bred. That satement about those dogs being to standard is a strech to say the least. Look at some of those dogs, there are some serious bully dogs in there. You could have a apbt who looks bully and then you can have a bully with the ped to match.

6. xxDiDDxx

xxDiDDxx Pup

No I don't kno a whole lot about TnT blood, but are there 2 different lines? Cause from what I've seen. . .but those are good lookin dogs OFK but yes. I've been told that Watchdog /Chaos Blood are considered lesser known strains of Bully blood. I got a few good dogs now for sale cause of the way watchdog was bred into em plus I'm gettn a sis to "Bahna" nxt wk. an another girl down the line. T-N-T is better than York's tho...I guess. is cardiac problems common in AST's period?

7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

There were two different *people* involved in TNT, that being Stephanie Turpin & her partner, Gail Condra. For years these two women used the same dogs interchangeably - Gail used Steph's dogs & Steph used Gail's dogs. In fact I have an old yard vid that shows a lot of Gail's dogs on ST's yard.

Anyway, years later Gail decided she wanted to dissolve the partnership b/c ST was "allegedly" getting involved in things Gail wanted no part of. It turned out to be a smart move on GC's part too b/c ST's actions ended up getting ST in a lot of trouble with the law, which was what GC was afraid of.

So they split. Gail took her dogs & went her way & ST took her dogs & went hers. GC continued her same breeding program, the same program TNT had been operating under for years, while ST began breeding in game dogs. Hence the idea there are "two" lines of TNT dogs - the Condra line & the Turpin line. But I don't really find the lines to be that different since both women used the same dogs in their programs. The only difference is the modern Turpin blood has outcrosses to game blood while the Condra blood meanwhile stayed in the TNT family.

Now are some of the TNT dogs "bully" looking? Yes. They get this from the AST influence in the line. But there are many specimens from the TNT line who are conformation correct as well. But this applies to game dogs too. I have seen game bred dogs who looked "bully" & I have seen game bred dogs who were conformation correct.

The difference is between TNT dogs & AmBullies is TNT dogs were not (& to my knowledge are still not) bred for big heads, wide chests, short legs, etc. If any TNT dogs come out that way, it's simply a fluke.

And unlike bullies, TNT dogs can actually work. TNT dogs have been used for hog catching, weight pulling, conformation events & more with which BTW from what I know they have excelled at. TNT's main stud dog Blu Trouble was pointed in weight pull & took home several firsts & seconds in the ADBA conformation ring, something a bully could never do.

I hope this helps you tell the difference between the TNT dogs & bullies (i.e. Razor's Edge, Gotti, Greyline, Butthead, etc.). While they might share some of the same coat colors, as far as type of dog, they're not even in the same hemisphere.

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

EDIT - Forgot to add: As far as the Watchdog blood, it used to be real good stuff when Casey Couturier still had it. CC used to be a UKC judge & exhibitor, but he game tested his dogs (from what I understand CC is also RIP now). UKC looked down on this, so he switched to ADBA (this was many moons ago). Since CC tested his stuff you could still get game ones out of the line back then. Heck, my double bred granddaughter of WD's Blu Glory was one of the gamest dogs I've ever seen. She'd have been dead game if you'd have let her be (we found this out due to a yard accident. I have never fought a dog). It was when CC got out of APBTs & sold his stock off to Chaos that the WD line really started to go down hill. You can still get good WD dogs, but they're as scarce as hen's teeth now, so if you want an old timey WD dog you have to be careful who you buy from.

9. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

know what???
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=259881

anf for what its worth- there are atleast 2 (or is it 3?) 100% bully ~breeders~ that are going under the TNT name...and they have nothing to do w/ the TNT of ST and GC...

http://www.americanbullyworld.com/EliteEdge/showthread.php?t=34328

http://www.tnt-pits.com/home.php

http://tntpitkennel.com/

http://www.tntoutlawkennels.com/

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol, good point rally. I heard GR.CH. Zebo was UKC PR as well. So one can't go by that alone.

As for the bully kennels using the TNT name, I did not know that. I'll bet ST would be upset about that one since she registered the TNT kennel name with the ADBA. I heard once a kennel name is registered other kennels aren't supposed to use it.

11. xxDiDDxx

xxDiDDxx Pup

Thanx for the history lesson ABK, I wasn't tryn trash ur dog or anything jus didn't kno as much as I should have b4 airing my opinion.

12. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

i just wanna say, i wish some people were more like this, mature and admitting when your wrong and actually taking in what someone else says and not being a child about it, just throwin my 2 cents in about that! not tryin to hi-jack the thread lol.

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I agree with Caesar. Props to you xxDiDDxx!

14. Excellent point. The watchdog of today is not the watchdog of old. The same is happening to the TNT line which is why while my dogs have the TNT blood I am leaning more towards the Red blood in the above dogs. Im not sure what you would call or classify the red blood as, show/pull OFR? But that is what I am trying to line breed. This is our next planned breeding.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=217373

15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I'm going to try to work our boy in show/pull. I heard his grandfather Bulldozer was a real good dog, so hopefully he'll work out.

16. xxDiDDxx

xxDiDDxx Pup

Thnx Caes an AB. Yea Im 26yrs. young but I've never claimed to know it all, I've always surrounded myself wit ppl older than myself so I could learn frm experience.

- P.S.
    "KNOWING IS ONLY HALF THE BATTLE"
    -G.I. JOE
    LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
  17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

no pal, i "tried to play you out":rolleyes: because you come up in here saying all sorts of stupid stuff. say what you like, but the link you sent me looked like a bunch of junk. i dont know anyone thats for real who would take a second look at the dogs you came runnin your mouth to me about. RE was everywhere for those who havent seen. id appreciate it if youd leave me outta your posts from now on

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
  18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

this may have been the most mature debate ive seen on here in a long time!And thanks for teh history lesson on TNT

19. xxDiDDxx

xxDiDDxx Pup

Wood you got me eff'd up. I did come on kinda LOOSE intially,an explained why. That RE was everywhere shit is jus that. I had 1 RE bitch 4 SALE The whole thing jumped off cuz of ur opinion of 1 of my dogs. . . by the way obviously would get PLENTY of looks by anyone that knows what they are lookin @ 3x King's Coco / 2x Stonewall/ Xenia. . .check up top. . .CC line of WD is known as a better line of the blood. . .I never said my dogs were the BEST n THE WORLD. . . but I also never said your dogs were curs or should be culled especially never seein them LIVE! Opinions are like ASSHOLES. . .everybody has one. So w/e. :cool: