1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Would you support a ban on pit bulls in your city?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dillybar, Jun 3, 2011.

1. dillybar

dillybar Pup

2. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

what kind of question is this

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

are you serious your on a board that is all about support of the breed and you ask an ignorant question like this?? are you a simpleton of course we do not want a ban on the breed that we love anywhere any city,county,state or country banning a breed of dog is pretty damn ridiculous no matter how you look at it

4. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

I read the story, and the media blotched it up once again. There is no breed called a "pit bull". The media and the general public can't seem to get that.
    To me, a "pit bull" is simply a dog bred by neophytes, ghetto thugs, unpapered, mixed/whatever, anything that resembles the APBT.
    While there are quality bred APBT's that are HA, they are usually (not always) owned by people who can handle and secure them.

But there is a fact within this story, and many others, that we responsible APBT owners often overlook and ignore:
    The more stories like this, the more the haters hate, and the more haters they create.
    Fact is, the breed is too popular in crowds that have no clue to what the APBT is. They're totally ignorant,
    and part of the reason is because of the BS media.

Ban the breed? Get Real! The focus should be on banning the idiots who breed these HA dogs.
    Ban the breeding of backyard "pit bulls" that give the real APBT a bad name.
    Let's face it, if you give an inch to the haters, even if the manbiters are put in the dirt where they belong,
    the bastards will demand a mile next time. Simple fact.
    A $1.00 bullet is cheaper than a &1,000,000, court battle,
    and only takes a split second, rather than years.
    And how many people would be proud if they were nationally known as the owner of a "pit bull" who attacked/killed a child?

So the best and safest thing to do, if you own a HA APBT is don't breed it, fix it, and keep it secure.
    Don't give another case to the haters. JMO.

5. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

very good point, the only thing i'd disagree with is fixing it. Just watch your shit ya know lol. Be responsible and voice your opinion. Set the people straight about these dogs.

6. visiongee

visiongee Banned

I would not support a ban on this Great Breed but I would like to ban idiots from trying to pass of mutts as APBT.
    Maybe I would support some type of a regulation where it would benefit the breed in a proper way I just dont know what.
    I think all APBT that have been known to be Human aggressiveness should be put to Deaths and regulate what is being bred
    to maybe try to help this breed regain some of its former glory. I also think way more APBT should be doing athletic competition
    and really start infiltrating all the different types of competition. Form a new association that will usher in the new and improved
    group of breeders that are really at the forefront of producing that original intelligent athletic people loving game dog that
    many a family relied on in the past. Its really sad to see all the dirt tossed at this breed. The media has always targeted
    the APBT and just cant help themselves, all for ratings.

7. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

The reason I said to fix them is this: If they are unknown now, they'll be unknown later even more.
    Why would anyone want to breed an unknown dog and pass them on seeing dogs are overpopulated as it is?
    And when another gets an unkown, who knows what they'll do to it, or breed it to?
    Peddlers and pretenders sell unpapered dogs on a mass-market, to those who don't know any better.
    Around my area a guy was trying to pass off Jeep dogs, unpapered, totally human aggressive.
    And this fool thought the aggressiveness was gameness. He was taught this, and he believed it.
    When I asked for the papers, I hear, "I got these dawwwgs from my guy joe." He didn't care for registered dogs...
    Guess because he didn't know his own family tree, didn't think his dogs deserved one either.

The way I look at it, unregistered "pit bulls" by neophyte breeders are like crap...
    When a dog takes a crap, best thing to do is clean it up right away.
    Because over time, the lowlifes that breed this crap get used to the smell,
    and carry it on themselves...others can smell it, but they don't.
    Then they brainwash the new APBT crowd into thinking that's how it's supposed to smell. JMO.

8. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

Very well put, and I agree with the fix them part. I fixed my HA male and it literally went away. He didnt snap or growl at anyone afterwards. But you never know what will happen, these idiots could just give them away, and the next person could breed them. Its just safer to chop them. There are alot of places that do it cheap too, SPCAs and humane societys. Thats were I brought mine, just used a muzzle thats all...

And to answer the question.... OBVIOUSLY NOT! Are you seriously that f-in stupid that you asked it in an APBT forum? :ummm:

9. dillybar

dillybar Pup

just posted the article, read it and hopefully you will vote no.

10. dillybar

dillybar Pup

LOL!!!! I am glad it got your attention!!!

11. DutchGame

DutchGame Big Dog

I wish your mother banned your father from the bedroom on their honeymoon.

12. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Lol ban stupid people

13. AGame

AGame CH Dog

just cutting a human aggressive dogs balls off will not fix the problem if you truly had a human aggressive dog he would have still been after the nuts were removed

but yes please do ban all the stupid folk would be nice to ban them from life but that isn't going to happen

14. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

The reason it will never happen is because the haters use them for their own propaganda against the breed.
    They love seeing these people help their cause more than they care for the victims who get attacked/killed.

That is correct, fixing them will not stop HA in a dog.
    If it's safe with family, keep it secure and others away.
    But do not breed, since HA is hereditary...if it's hereditary it can't be changed.

15. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

He bit people before, fear aggression. The fixing most certainly helped, a lot. Maybe you don't consider fear HA, but I do.

16. jangspitz

jangspitz Pup

support the breed.
    i think giving licence to people would be a one good idea too.
    teach them first then give the dog.

17. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

I tend to put "fear" aggression in a different category than human aggression...
    "Fear" can usually be "trained out," and tends to be in dogs from three sources:
    1. Hereditary, very negative fault, so yes fix 'em, or better, cull 'em.
    2. Lack of socialization, which can be fixed through proper training.
    3. Abuse. This is 50/50. These type are harder to train and work with,
    and usually only come to trust one person. Don't believe it is hereditary.

But in terms of breeding, if a properly bred pup is "fearful", it's in line for culling. So fixing it is best.
    I don't believe the "fearful" dogs are the cause of the negative publicity...I've had a shy one, but he never
    bit anyone, and was off leash trained. Wouldn't attack another dog unless pushed. His interest was in balls of all sizes.
    With people he just shook a tire at them, never attacked.(Guess he trying to look tough?) If they try to pet him, he'd duck their hand. LOL.
    But shy and fearful dogs, to me, are an embarassment. JMO. Was still good as a pet.

BTW, any dog of mine bites, it has earned itself a bullet, fear or not, unless it's a lowlife thief or intruder.

18. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

He was severely abused before I got him, beaten burned and he had a knife size scar on his side, starved too. I did a lot of work with food ggression and he never once tried anything with my friends or family. He was a good pet just not safe for public. My pup is handshy and runs a few feet away if you get pissed at him but the people that had him abused him too. He doesn't bite though. Absolutely no food issues either. Its weird how dogs react differently... My pup is gettin chopped too, no need for them lol

19. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

That explains a bit. You just gave a perfect example of the type of scum who don't deserve any animal, or even children.
    They deserve the type of justice our society no longer allows. JMO.

I've learned through experience the big differance between a professional breeder and BYB.
    My new pup, on first night home, instead of hiding and being sad, was immediately wanting to play.
    Never once suffered separation issues.

Glad to hear you taking care of him properly, over time the wounds may heal.
    Puppies have been known to suffer trauma from abuse, just like humans...
    A professional trainer once told me fixable...Good Luck.

20. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

Yeah I got him when he was 5 weeks old, and not a single problem, but at 8 months I had to rehome him cuz I hadn't had a job for several months. I thought it was a nice family, horrible liars! Anyway, I was just lucky enough to get him back and am financially stable enough now. Very happy about that lol.