1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Would you rather start a bloodline with a scatter bred ace or a linebred game loser

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by txboy, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Dam1985

Dam1985 Banned

Re: Would you rather start a bloodline with a scatter bred ace or a linebred game los

I bet a pure Greyhound is superior to your junk...

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Re: Would you rather start a bloodline with a scatter bred ace or a linebred game los

C'mon, Dam. They're two different breeds of dogs. How can you compare the two unless out of some sort of spiteful cat call? Your assumption that another person has "junk" is also akin to some "yo mama" joke. Please. Let's at least TRY to address the topic.

3. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

Some good responses up here. I like the Hick's reply. Personally I would choose the best of the 2 available to me. Even that choice would be subject to my opinion of which was the best individual. Successful lines have been built around both exceptional individuals and a combination of a blend of exceptional inbred representatives from multiple lines/families. So as long as you have the time, space, resources and the ability to be honest and cull properly you should be able to take either one and create a line that at least stands as good a chance as the next. But if your standards are shot from get go the so are your chances to create something other than mediocre dogs period

4. Dam1985

Dam1985 Banned

The Europeans don't seem to be doing bad with their scatter bred Bulldogs, you don't see to many linebred dogs there.

5. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

well i guess you gotta ask the euros what theyre breeding for. scatterbred dogs can and do compete all the time. you can get great scatterbred dogs. where the problem lies is when youre trying to harness and lock in on specific traits. example, lets say you got that scatterbred world beater, you like everything there is about the dog and you want a yard of dogs just like em.... with a scatterbred dog how do you expect to replicate that? it a huge window of genes..... how do you know where those traits are comming from? ESPECIALLY.... if your not familiar with the dogs behind em? how do you know where to go, if you dont even know where youve been?

6. Dam1985

Dam1985 Banned

Yep good points, I might be wrong but I'm guessing the like to breed best to best. You're right, they might get the short term goals but where's the consistency?

7. Dam1985

Dam1985 Banned

Yep good points, I might be wrong but I'm guessing they like to breed best to best. You're right, they might get the short term goals but where's the consistency?

8. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

So u prove my point there is always a reason for a Loss. There is a big difference in making excuses (witch is what I thi k u are talking about) and figuring out where things went wrong.

9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yeah I'm talking the type that never accept the fact they may have been the reason or their methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. txboy

txboy Pup

Thanks i really appreciate the knowledge!! that sumed it up perfectly!

11. txboy

txboy Pup

Thats what i was thinking.

12. txboy

txboy Pup

Very true! well said.

13. txboy

txboy Pup

I think because of the best to best choices there making just on ability! which is how all the greats got started before there was a line. but i believe now that there are plenty good lines to start from which is a better choice for you?

14. txboy

txboy Pup

Great questions Mop Master lets see if we can get some good answers?

15. tubrunwva

tubrunwva Big Dog

Instead of guessing and possibly breeding a litter of inadequate animals, how about just breed to the one who is producing good dogs? Or how about trying to breed to the sire of either dog you like the best because you see he produces dogs of your liking.

16. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

#35 Sound Logic

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

scaterbred ...linebred...inbred...outbred...etc/etc...the thing is any can start a good family..it's then up to the breeder to continue that and/or improve on it...then poss; establish a line.....................

18. mma316

mma316 Pup

Just because a dog shows well...game loser or ace, that doesn't mean that he/she will produce what they are. This is where the owner has to do a little homework, and the pedigree comes into play. That is...if it's the true pedigree. Let's just say that it is, then(me personally) you find out how did the sire/dam produce. Find out how good was the whole litter. The breeder, if he/she is a person of quality dogs would most likely have a litter mate or something off of one of the more suitable quality litter mates on his/her yard. If that's not the case he may be able to point you in a nice direction of someone that has his stock, and works it good. There would be so many possibilities, that it would take another paragraph or more to explain. It's just all about how far would you like to take this dog's career. Nothing is sure fire with the dogs. In a way it's like paying your dues to the breed. The time that you spend trying to perfect it all depends on you. Some people can have good dogs, and not know where to begin or end with the dogs. Someone else can have mediocre dogs and excel more in their career, because of the certain avenues that they took to get what they have. Hard work definitely pays off with these animals, and I'm not talking about from a conditioning perspective. One thing that's definite with the dogs are time and your own two eyes. Put in the time and judge sternly with your own eyes. Only you know what qualities satisfy you. To answer the question...I don't know which that I'd choose. I'd probably roll dice with the ace...performance over pedigree.

19. Polar Ice

Polar Ice Pup

No contest.id breed to the ace. He's got everything you want. He's got as much if not more chances of producing than a line bred loser. There are no guarantees that a linebred loser can produce better than himself. In fact any dog being able to produce better than himself is exceedingly rare. I would go with the ace for sure

20. bounty

bounty Big Dog

What do you mean by "a huge window of genes"? Scatter bred dogs and tight bred dogs have the same number of genes. If they didn't they would be different species!