1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Would you rather start a bloodline with a scatter bred ace or a linebred game loser

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by txboy, Feb 5, 2015.

1. txboy

txboy Pup

Just food for thought! and you could only choose one.and why would you choose?
    I would say a game loser line bred. cause i think i would be able to get more consistency down the road!

2. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Re: Would you rather start a bloodline with a scatter bred ace or a linebred game los

I choose neither because I don't settle for mediocrity.
    What do you consider a game loser?

3. txboy

txboy Pup

Re: Would you rather start a bloodline with a scatter bred ace or a linebred game los

Thats another way to look at it. i didn't think of that. Was just saying like if you had only one of these choices and you where going to start a line which would you choose? Not that it is the best choices? was just interesting to me so see some diff views. its how i learn n think outside the box. appreciate your response.

4. Lil Toro

Lil Toro Pup

I'll take the game scatter bred. Good dogs make good dogs. Not flawless pedigrees.

5. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

ill take the linebred game loser. gameness is the standard. one smart breeding can change your fortune.

your likely never to replicate what came of that scattered freak, especially if you dont know where his traits are pulling from., a line bred game dog with a solid family behind em, can and (should) breed more true to the family more consistantly.

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

IMO a scatterbred dog is only for working purposes. The variables when breeding would be astronomical, it would take probably a lifetime to build a family of dogs around a scatterbred dog, if consistency is something you like. But hey in this new age of "dog men" that's the thing I've been seeing. People trying to build a jeep/redboy/Bolio/tombstone/jocko/Eli/chinamen/gatormouf cross lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

I started mine with a scattered bred ,good working dog.
    It doesn't matter how the dog is bred that you start with, it matter how good it works.
    How he bred is not as important as it is how are you going to breed.
    You can have a good working pure line bred or inbred dog & breed dogs off him to tight or too loose & turn good dogs in to bad ones easy if you don't know how to breed.

8. c_note

c_note CH Dog

If both are game, the ace. The loser is lacking high ability. The gamest dog doesn't always win. Like Peon said tho. If can get both in the same package elsewhere, do that

9. txboy

txboy Pup

@ lil toro great point. ,@ mop master i like the way you think. i was thinking easier to pull traits from.,@ cajunboulette205 You hit the nail on the head i think the same about scatter breds as far as for working. @ ziggy311 im with you as far as long as it works. thanks for replies!

10. txboy

txboy Pup

im with you on that as long as it works. thats very true. but would you tie back into something in the family or keep it scattered?

11. txboy

txboy Pup

Very true if you can get both else where do that for sure. And i like your view on the loser lacking ability and ace haveing something special that you could possible pull from down the line.

12. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

I would stick to breeding it to another working dog re-guard less of it's breeding.
    But not just to one, to @ least a handful to see what it clicks with.
    The 1st breeding or so may not work but the 3rd & so on may be what you were looking for.
    He's scattered, you have to see what clicks with him & what doesn't.
    I would "experiment" breeding to both dogs in his heritage & dogs non related.
    I would breed more for style not just working. What it was about the scattered bred dog that caught might attention the 1st place.
    I would breed for consistency by selecting the offspring that most take after the scatter bred dog style. By doing this the initial dog may have been scatter bred but a line will be tight based on him.
    I would continue tightening up the dogs from the initial scatter bred dog until I know that the trait I liked in the initial dog was peak out & locked in before outcrossing to a different strain.
    I thin would weigh the good & bad in the line from the initial scatter bred dog & breed to pure families that produce what the scatter bred line lacked in.
    I would then see how much & what part in the pedigree
    ( Top side, bottom or middle) would the line based on the scatter bred dog best suit my end result standards.
    I would no longer have scatter bred dogs & know how much of it I need & what they will pass on in future generations.
    Most important, this is what I exactly did from scratch from begging to present. Initial dog that caught attention,
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=360740
    Dog of distinction that line was based on
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=19736 , & current day dogs using % of scatter bred dogs bloodline that was no-longer scatter bred http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=438358 .
    Yeap. That's what I would do with a good working scatter bred dog.
    As long as you stick to the ones that work you can't go wrong in my opinion.
    It's only when you breed to ones that don't work you start having problems re-guard less of how they are bred.

13. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

Line breed looser. At least u will know exactly what u are working with. The reason for the loss could be any thing. Maby the odds were stacked to high against the dog or the dog looks good and came in on weaights but was to dry. There are several things that you must take in To consideration when a dog looses.

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

when a dog loose it would be nice to know what happen to the dog the week before the show day.
    you wil understand more

15. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

No sandwiches before the show!!

16. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

It is rather amusing that when a hound takes an L the first thing a person does is try to pinpoint a "reason" for the loss. Maybe it wasn't how the dog was bred, maybe it wasn't that the dog lacked anything. Maybe the conditioner/handler just wasn't up to par, maybe the other dog was just better....

17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

lol......for example .......and no breeding 5 times in the week before lol

18. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yeah that ain't a great idea

19. Dam1985

Dam1985 Banned

Or maybe you just own rubbish dogs....

20. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yeah like crossbred greyhounds.... The top of the rubbish heap