1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Would you let the blood die?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Excelsior-Mom, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Mia, Scotsman, Simms.....I agree, most people would be unable to cull in such a way.

2. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Could not agree more.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

"there are many proven lines today that can offer you a dog to suit your needs so there really ain't no need going through all this headache for years and years"

nice answer, and I agree: due to the laws of the land, AND the fact that every shelter across this country has an excess of "pit bulls", I REALLY wonder why the need, ...:confused: .....

4. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

WELL said Mia. These are the SAME dogs I see in the Dallas Morning News every Sunday. "game bred pit bull puppies, no papers, $150". :rolleyes:

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I have to say, this has been an interesting thread. I'm just sorry I didn't have a comment about the subject, they have all been used. ;)

6. Attila

Attila Guest

don't bother me one damn bit. If a person can't cull then they don't need to be breeding. They don't even need to be breeding mice or anything. If you can't cull then you are doing a great injustus to every one and the breed as well.

7. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

How you would go about to determin which mice are proven? Mazes?

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

BWAAAAAAAAH!!

I hear ya MIA!! I have just read up to this post, and this thread has given me a buzz to the headache, and now to the puke!

Great comment about the culling of the litter after 2 years!! Props to you. Actually, I agree with your whole comment on that post Mia, I have a feelin the pups would be peddled also.

Thing is, most folks havent seen a really good one in person, so they have nothing to use as a gage, no standard to compare to, so of course the dog is an "ace" compared to s&%# eater on the other side of town, and yea, it smoked jo jo's "pit" on the south side. That is one of the down sides of the whole outlaw thing, and the crack down.

Then when you try and educate someone, I mean really trying to help them not to waste their time, and to help them get there in 1 year, as opposed to 20 years, they get all defensive, and cant hear nothing.
    Problem is self deception. A person who is self-decieved cant hear anything opposed to their thoughts, and cannot be taught.

Many are book smart, I'll give them that, can hit the search button and pull up words I cannot pronounce, and at first sounds good, and one fella made me rethink some things, but at a deeper glance, saw the mistakes in the line of thinking, and now I dont even feel like exposing it cause I have lived too long on this rock to be sniped by a mutt hisself.

A comment was made about 35, do you know what a fast lane dog is like? If not, you are out of place making comments about the dog.

Problem is hit on head, people breeding these dogs, that wouldnt know a good one if it landed in their lap, so even it they would employ culling (which most wont, cause they cant help but to think about the money they'd be losing) they'd probably cull the ones they shouldnt, and keep the culls. When I had the pics of allot of my dogs in my gallery, I had many comments on the show dogs, and the sho nuff fast lanes dogs I have, not one comment made. Not that I need them, just making a point that all the "breeders" here are more into the show, and not the go, and we are talking about game dogs, correct?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
    Scotsman likes this.
  9. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I used to see ads like that also.

10. Attila

Attila Guest

Hell I don't know I just as soon see all mice die. but there are those that breed them and they have things they are looking to produce. Scientist have the best use for them. And they like the white ones. So I assume a dark one gets put in the grinder to feed the others.

11. Excelsior-Mom

Excelsior-Mom Big Dog

Apology accepted

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Although this is not a "to register, or not to register" thread, I can't believe to some, not registering a dog means anything less. I've registered ONE dog, simply because I bought her as a grown dog, and wanted to verify the dam's breeding I was being told. She proved worthless a few weeks after her fancy-schmancy ADBA papers arrived. Over a hundred down the drain, right there. Not to mention, the ADBA changed their policy regarding "other" breeds within a few days of me sending the papers in, I will not be registering any more. I deal with tons of people who haven't registered a single dog in 15-20 years. Most of these dogs, come off generations of breeding within the owners yard, and will come with hand-written pedigrees. To think this means they are stolen, or any less of a dog, is absurd. Most of the time, it simply means people don't want their names in a databse with these fantastic "intent" laws! If you are not showing conformation/weightpull, or selling puppies, there is not much reason to register a dog. Hanging papers is wide-spread and way to easy, sending a breeding in with a couple bucks doesn't make that breeding any more legit!

The bottom line is, if you are working with honorable people you trust, there is no need to question the breeding. If you do question the breeding, a fancy 7-gen from whatever registration, isn't going to legitimize anything. Or I should say, it SHOULDN'T legitimize anything. We all know registration pedigrees are simply an easy way to get beginners to buy your dogs, and put blind faith in their breeding. I'd almost venture to say I'd much more thorougly trust the intentions of someone offering you a hand-written pedigree of many generations of their stock, then someone who feels the need to register every litter to make themselves seem more credible. Let the dogs speak for themselves, ever seen papers catch a hog?

Being "cheap and lazy" has nothing to do with it!

13. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Everyone I've ever dealt with has always registered there dogs, I've never run into someone that didn't till I started reading stuff on the internet. Must be a backwoods thing. There is nothing wrong with registering your dogs with the ADBA, AADR, SDR or BFKC. I am not talking about getting a 6 or 7 gen ped. If you don't know the ped before you buy the dog then you should do more homework.
    This is why I only deal with the people I deal with, I trust them and what they have. They are well know good people that register their dogs. There is no way I am getting a dog from some guy that hands me a hand written or typed ped.

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

It's a matter of opinion. I choose not to register mine, not because they can't be, but because I don't like the idea of my name and address being given up in a subpoena. I have absolutely nothing to hide, but why put my name out there in the first place? Everyone I deal with, we own working dogs, not fancy papers. Very few of the people I deal with bother sending in the papers on a litter of pups, unless they plan on selling them to people outside their own circle. Even then, you get the litter reg. as it arrived in the mail, if you want to send it in yourself-go for it.

I'm curious what you think about men like TG, PP, and IM. All three are well-known breeders producing fine animals most anyone would be proud to own, and all 3 of them either now give hand-written peds, or they have created their own database for you to register through "them". Basically, it's the exact same as "Hey, you give me 5 dollars and I'll register your pup, because this new pedigree software database I bought sure is expensive!". You like to register, great for you. I choose not to, not because I'm "cheap and lazy". Perhaps you hit it with "a backwoods thing". I'm not nearly what you'd call backwoods (I do have a computer!) but I am not a city boy either. Funny enough you say that, because the men I know who do register dogs, 95% of them come from the city where you can't necessarily check or trust people as thoroughly as we can. It's hard to hide inconsistencies when your dealing with a small group of people, or when everyone is breeding similar stock you know well.

Now I'm curious, city or country Scotsman?

BTW- I got that # you were looking into for me in pm, Thanks.

15. simms

simms CH Dog

Good post rock....

16. Attila

Attila Guest

Is this a matter of not registared or not knowing the pedigree? Knowing the pedigree is important.

Papers and pedigree's don't make the dog. However they do give you clues to what you should be looking for and going for. Your breeding in the end is your call. I am as paranoid of clubs having my information as Rock. But you do need to know your stock. I am sure he knows his.

17. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

Yeah when i recieved my pup from TG, it came with a hand written ped. It just screams dog man and gave me a real sense of being on the right track.

18. Excelsior-Mom

Excelsior-Mom Big Dog

"Must be a backwoods thing"---------:mad: ----"There is no way I am getting a dog from some guy that hands me a hand written or typed ped"
    What are you a city boy? :(

19. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

whats wrong with city boys?:p lol its all good. great thread. weird though at least in my city. I think more of the out of the city dudes paper their pups/dogs. I barely met any dogs that have papers/ownbers knew how dogs were bred in the city. interesting point.

20. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

I see we both agree to the "T" on this topic.