1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Would you let the blood die?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Excelsior-Mom, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

Thinking a dog is a mutt because it has no papers is a big assumption and may be a dumb one. Hell, for you to even think that a dog with papers is more of a purebred than one without is questionable on someones taste and I would also say character. Ain't no telling how many papers are hung out there. Anybody can add 1xw or whatever they want to a ped. Ain't no telling how many dogs out there are still being matched. I know 4 generations of my dog and to be honest I really don't care much about the other 3, just the most recent. My male I got from this last bitch is better than the last ummm.....1,2,3............yep 3 dogs I had to cull because they weren't worth shit. So a BYB is someone who doesn't have papered dogs, and can't/won't prove that their dogs are worth breeding to the public, makes a BYB. There sure are alot that need to pick another lifestyle then.

2. Excelsior-Mom

Excelsior-Mom Big Dog

I have to agree with you.

3. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I dont think Mia said a dog with papers is worth more,all she is saying is why take the chance that this dog wont produce good dogs when there are allready tons of proven dogs out there,if you want to breed good dogs why not just get an allready proven established dog and save yourself alot of time,trouble and possible dissapointment.

4. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

It wasn't a question of whether or not it looks like a pit and acts nice. It was whether or not the DOG is an exceptional animal.

5. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

Proven? How? and who determines what's exceptional. Me that's who. I just wanted one good male and one good female and I plan on having dogs from those two for the rest of my life. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not in the business of selling dogs. I got a job and go to school for my living. It would be like having my own line without it actually being publicized and titled. I don't want none of that BS that's used for bragging rights. Possible dissapointment can be faced with my dogs or someone elses. I don't think the picture is being made clear that a dog without a history can be just as great as one with a history and vice versa.

6. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

If it was an "ace", and excelled in all my tests, yes I'd give it a shot at breeding for my own yard. But then again, if the dog is good enough to be bred with an unknown pedigree, I'm not letting a single one go anyways, so it doesn't matter much does it?

diva likes this.
  8. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

I think this should be considered one of those "agree to disagree" topics because papers or no papers there just is no guarantee what you're getting.

To that I would like to add that the only way to know for sure what you're getting into when obtaining a dog is if you have a rooted relationship with the original owner and know his dogs. That's a truth!

9. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

Exactly what I've been trying to say. I'm sure I said, just with more words and less credibility.:p
    Gave ya rep!

10. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I see absolutely nothing wrong with someone keeping their own peds and breeding the dogs for their own use and keeping them for themselves. Waaayyy back a long time ago, that's what people did with the dogs they used to pull carts and guard livestock and what not. Nothing wrong with it. So long as you're not just breeding garbage to sell and make a buck off of, I could care less what you do.

diva likes this.
  11. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

well we dont need to get into how to prove a dogs worthiness....and im not trying to diss you,whatever you breed thats your perogative its just the fact that there are enough ill bred mutts out there why add to that purposley ?and no you (general you) dont determine if the dog is exceptional,the dog needs to prove that its exceptional.I think my dog chloe is exceptional but that doesnt jusify my breeding her.she is what she is because of her blood,if I want another like her i will just go and buy another dog from the same blood that has been around forever,a dog that has allready proven its worth im not going to experiment with her to see what i come up with.

12. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

Well I tell you I damn sure don't get into dead game dogs, gotta know when to pick up and take'em out. Now you're just being technical.

13. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

if your not into dead game dogs why are you breeding pit-bulls?also I have been speaking about hypothetical breedings in response to a hypothetical question im not talking about you personnaly.

14. simms

simms CH Dog

c'mon ya'll dont act like you know somthin about all that.

15. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

about what?

16. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

LMAO...........

17. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

You can't be serious.

18. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

and if ya do, why in hell are you sayin the shit on a public forum?!?!?
    :confused:

1 person likes this.
  19. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

no really im just curious,like i said before i dont know about breeding but what im asking is why would you want dogs that dont go all the way being bred?

20. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

That's what I just thought. It's in pm's now;)