1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Working Patterdales Pups

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by NorthStarTerrier, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

nice fell type..

in regards to the video

This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

2. I will work on the video .. I am exited to get the litter out of my imported bitch . The male is 7/8 imported lines and a great work himself . They should produce workers . It is next to impossible to get pups out of working dogs in the states !

3. [video=youtube;Nz4n0GsVeik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz4n0GsVeik[/video]

4. I have got a few message so I thought this would save some time . . The breeding was to get a few females for the hunting pack . The litter ended up being 2 females 4 males yes a male MAY be availble to a working home . The females are staying home, lol You can message with anyonther questions .

5. rathernotsay

rathernotsay Big Dog

I find if you work your terriers regular, people find you to take a pup on to see if they will work. Ive not any problems finding terriers that find fit and stay . And I am talking ghog sized patts and fells. anyone can find the barn size terriers if they take ten minutes on their google machine.

6. I guess I don't understand what you are saying . sorry

7. I am hoping someone else maybe knows what he is saying ?

8. culabula

culabula Big Dog

I breed working terriers,there are guys i would give a pup or 2 for nothing,there are also people who i wouldnt give one to for a million.Where/who did you import your dogs from(p.m if you want)

9. I couldn't agree more with you more .. I am not sure how to send a pm ...

10. picasso

picasso Big Dog

No need to import, plenty of good ones in the states and over the pond as well. Working terriers are easy to find if you are dealing with working people. Over the pond to the states doesn't mean a thing unless they come from working homes.

11. I disagree the only good dog that has been bred in the states is the gamedog.. Seems everyone is trying to make money on every breed. Most that own dogs that hunt in the states are scatterbred but work therefor they do not produce in high% .

12. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

working beagles in the states are well bred..

13. This is true ...

14. rathernotsay

rathernotsay Big Dog

I was responding to the last sentence in this post. The idea that it is next to impossible to get pups out of working dogs here in the states.

15. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

16. Thank you for responding.

I am going off what I know not going off stuff I know or read on a message board . I am not the hardest or best hunter in the country . I have hunted with some of them though. I have hunted in 6 different states with tomany different dogs. I can only think of 1 person that is a hunter and has a website .
    I am saying that most working folks don't breed or have websites. Also most don't want to deal with the public. most don't have 3 genrations of workers on top of one another..

17. rathernotsay

rathernotsay Big Dog

Ok i agree with that. the workers stick with workers and it is a hard bunch to break into. There are definately some true working boards out there, not websites but boards. which real deal hunter has a website to sell dogs Id be interested to take a look for curiosities sake. what kind of terriers is the site ,what kind of work do they do with their terriers? I dont know of any in the ground terrier workers with a website. lots of pit pat and barn sized patt sites out there but not too many ghog sized terrier sites , other than maybe mason? spannable is a big sham word on so many sites, the rubber hits the road when the measuring tape comes out and either the terriers chest is 14 inches or smaller, otherwise the terrier has little to no chance to getting to the game or if it does its cause you have had to drop 5 holes to keep the chase going. thanks for sharing northstar

18. I can tell you this on the hunting boards 90% are not hunters they may hunt to make a post or sell a pup. A hunter hunts to hunt and may be kind enough to share with a picture or a post.
    I travel to hunt groundhogs a few times a year :) They are fun to hunt I use my dogs to get them . The problem most fail to understand is the dogs came from Europe the Fox there are alot bigger then ours there for the dogs are bigger cause the sets are bigger.

I like a smaller dog but depending on where you are located (pm me this if you want a hand).
    I am not going to tell you who is the only hunter with a website cause is a peddler and I dont want to set some one up to buy a cull for 3,000 .

19. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

its not as black and white as you make it, some may not hunt much because they are new and just started or they only hunt every now and than, casual hunters for some reason or another

if u just started unless you found a crew to run with, u gona have problems because of limited access to hunting properties.. it takes years to have lots of permissions and thna u can hunt like 3 days a week.