1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Working Out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bukskin.banks, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Everyone's body is different and reacts different to each product. I took 25g of casein protein 1 hour before bed and I didn't get fat, I didn't even gain weight. Cardio is best performed in the morning on an empty stomache. Soy does increase estrogen levels in men but working out counters this by releasing testosterone into your body. It would take large doses and multiple soy products for you to see any type of real effect. Squats are the number 1 way to realease free testosterone in the body. This is more than just reading a book or a few magazines. This is from the last 3 years of using these products and busting my ass!
    I worked out 5 days a week for 7 1/2 months. At the start I weighted 162 lb. and finished at 206 lb. with a total body fat of 5%. I mixed in 10 min. of interval's on the elliptical for the last 2 weeks and lost 4 lb.
    I've been at the gym for 3 months 5 days a week with no cardio. I'm currently at 7% body fat and I'm 197 lb.
    Everyone should have a goal. It keeps you focused and lets you see progress. I've switched my goals a few times and still maintain my focus. Why go to the gym just to go. You can get into great shape without even lifting weights right at your house for FREE! I use Nanovapor as the pre workout, Halo as the post stacked with 25G whey and 25g soy directly after the workout. I take Animal packs 2 times a day around 08:00 and 20:00 exactly 12 hrs apart. I use casein 1 hour before bed I eat 2 table spoons of brown rice, 1 salad (no dressing), 1 grilled chicken breast and 8 oz of tuna a day...now your going to tell me I'm going to get mercury poison for eating tuna every day for lunch....lol

2. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Love it when an "expert" tells me I don't know what i'm talking about...LOL

3. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Too much talking, almost everything is based on facts but everyone tends to be biased by personal views. I will add mine.
    1. Good real food is a must. Suplements are good but the combination in which nature offers every nutrient together with other natural chemicals is unsurpassed. Human body evolved by natural food and as such, it gets better results taking whatever needed when it is among other nutrients. Recent studies, especially on some anti oxidants like resveratol for eg (if I recall correct) showed minimal results when taken as supplements while it is a powerfull nutrient when taken in natural form. Eggs are accused for cholesterol but they contain lecithin also which balances it. Same with fish food like kalamari, shrimps, octapus etc. So, this is some food for thought.
    2.Of course supplements have a purpose , since real food contains lots of calories and some times thinks we do not need. Also there is a limit in the amount of food someone can eat within a time frame. My views are that first you have to take care of the basics and at adequate amounts.
    So, a multivitamin and maybe some other vitamin or metal according to each individuals' unique needs.
    Protein powder. Too much talking about whey this and whey that. First of all there is the optimal amount of protein ingested. I will not tell you which this is, it depends. But it is silly to pay for a whey isolate with minimal carbs etc etc and because of limited finances to use only one scoop per day, when you need lets say three scoops per day. No matter how good the quality and the absorption, it will not offer you as much as an old fashion milk and egg if given triple the amount, which costs considerably less. When you will be able to have all the amount you need and you can spend more money, then you can aim for a higher quality product. Whey is good because it contains about 25% bcaa. It does have a fast absorption rate but more important is has a fast digestion rate. There is a difference there, your body will take whatever needed and the rest is expensive crap. The secret is in having a positive nitrogen balance with the lowest protein needed. So, if you work at an office or as a driver etc and you can have a large shaker with whey and drink some every 15 minutes, then you are OK but if you can have a shaker now and then after 5 hours, maybe you should think about other proteins. It has been found that even small amounts of protein are enough to keep a positive nitrogen balance aka anabolism. After a workout whey is the protein to have.
    Good fats. Fisl oils are needed. Ω6 since they exist in vegetable oils, you get a lot from junk food so you are covered. If you can, have some olive oil also.
    Avoid starches and sugars. Always favor table sugar than fructose and as a rule be carefull with the fruits you consume.
    If someone follows everything mentioned till now and wants to add more there are plenty of supplements out there. I use creatine because it works for me. BCAA are also a long time established supplement same as glutamine and arginine. And the list can go on for ever. I used ephedrine many times without any problems, great results and I believe that money making drug companies are the reason for all the stupid laws, but that is me. ZMA also had an impact on me.
    Yas, you wright somewhere about 2-3 caps of bcaa between every set. If someone does 20 sets per workout, he / she should consume up to 60 capsules? Isn't this a bit too much? BCAA are a preffered source of energy when working out, but then you do not consume glycogen from your storage, so no need for adaptations, overcompensation etc, I do not know for fact, just thinking out loud.
    There is plenty of stuff to be talked about, but if someone is at a level to really need it, probably knows about it also. For a novice, these are more than enough. If you want muscles have a minimum of six meals (in whatever form) per day.
    Final word, many studies about the results of certain supplements are done on special groups like people in sickness etc, it doesn't mean that their results apply to you. Also the administration form in studies many times is different. Usual case are certain aminos that exibit amazing results in studies and nothing in real life. In studies they are administered iv not orally. Orally they just get digested and broken down, iv they work imediatelly as they are. The aminoacid ornithin comes in mind. Many proffesional athletes have expensive protocols of iv supplementation which is not illegal and offers anabolism.

4. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Don't forget the amazing result of 650% increase over placebo!!! LMAO I love the adds when they say that. Nobody is incorrect here. We have all had different experiences with different suppliments. I do see where both of you are coming from and neither of you are wrong.
    Post your workout routines...maybe that will give the OP a better view of what you do and what you take. I have a break from the gym for 30 days but when I get back...it's sledge hammers and tires for me. I'll drop the protein shakes and post workout suppliments. I like my vitamins and food but when eating, you have to watch what you eat and how much.

When I start the gym again, I'll start with this.
    5 sets/ 5 reps each and you increase to 10 sets of 10 reps

5 sets/ 5 reps with 30 sec breaks after 1 FULL set
    Week 1 & 2
    Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, Sun
    Push-ups
    Pull-ups
    Sit-ups
    Burpies
    Body Squats
    Mountain Climbers

Mon, Wed, Fri
    Crunch
    Bicycles
    V-ups
    Planks
    Side Planks

Weeks 3 & 4
    Increase to 10 sets/ 5 reps with 30 sec breaks after 1 FULL set
    Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, Sun
    Push-ups
    Pull-ups
    Sit-ups
    Burpies
    Body Squats
    Mountain Climbers

Mon, Wed, Fri
    Crunch
    Bicycles
    V-ups
    Planks
    Side Planks

Weeks after 4
    Increase to 10 sets/ 10 reps with 30 sec breaks after 1 FULL set
    Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, Sun
    Push-ups
    Pull-ups
    Sit-ups
    Burpies
    Mountain Climbers

Mon, Wed, Fri
    Crunch
    Bicycles
    V-ups
    Planks
    Side Planks

Planks should be held for 30 sec. starting from week 1 and move up each week. I only hold planks for 5 min when I've been doing them for a long time.
    This keeps you out of the gym and saves you money.

5. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Considering you are an "expert", what is the point of those workouts? They don't make sense.
    5 x 5 is a rep and set range for relative strength.
    10 x 10 is German Volume Training.
    Bodyweight exercises are not difficult enough with either rep range.

6. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Yas, I have never said I was an "expert" but I have been in the gym using these products and I've had results so it's not book knowledge but experience that I have.

You missed what was put down but that's my fault for not making it more clear.

Everything is 5 X 5.
    5 pull-ups
    5 push-ups
    5 burpies
    5 body squats
    5 mountain climbers
    30 sec break
    repeat for 4 more sets. You will do 5 of each before you break. This is a total body work out in a short period of time. It boost confidence and gets you feeling better about yourself before you start other things.

10 X 10 is the same thing. This fatigus your muscles and gets you used to exercising and it may look easy but it's not as simple as everyone might think.

I normally do interval training for 20 sec starting week 1 and by week 5 I'm up to 1 min at each station and I jog for 2 or 3 miles every other day. If I lift, I do 5 sets 10,4,6,6,10. Your first 10 is warm up, your 4 stresses your muscles and you should struggle on your last rep, both sets of 6 you should fail on the last 1 or 2 reps and then 10 to finish off and stretch your muscles again. You would rest for 1 or 2 min between each set.

As for the core, you start with 5 sets of 10 if you can and move up 5 every week if possible. I don't do more than 50 per exercise per set. so it would be 5 sets of 50 when it's all done or 50 crunches, 50 v-ups, 50 bicycles, etc. The core is underworked and most people fail. When you start working out, you don't want to fail. That may cause some people to stop before they really get started.

Hope this helps you get what I was saying.

7. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

just get your self a good protein fish oil multy vitamin some bbcaa and creatines is optional do your work outs for say 2-3 weeks with out ant supplements and see how your body reacts to your work outs after that time with out any supplements start taking what i have mention and you will see and feel the difference for sure . there is also this supplement that is like magic it works wonders as good as juice but all natural but you have to work out to the point of exhaustion where you cant work out any more but it works its called endothill but i would recommend you use it after you get in a lil better shape and your body is use to working out .when i was younger i had no kids no wife one dog and i tried every thing under the table and this works i will also recommend you take a b12 shot every two weeks they make you feel like your 20 aging you will love it

8. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Ok so it's a kind of circuit training that you are doing.

I called you an "expert" because you said what I said was wrong and as much as there are a lot of subjects that I know nothing about, this is my area.

9. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Yas, I get where your coming from and I should have worded it different than your wrong.
    Yes this is a circuit training exercise except your not moving from station to station. Your staying in the same place. I promise it does work, I've done it and had a few people who fight with me do this work out along with other things but this is the warm up.

10. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

ya, if you can help it don't drink your carbs. And they make different kinds of proteins for reasons. So if you can afford and use 3 of them thats the way to go. Caseine protein is good before bed if you can drink the nasty shit. I just will eat a lil cottage chesse every now and then. Depends on what i'm going to be doing in the morning.

11. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i have a pretty good idea on how stuff works haha just seein if anyone here is workin out and what kinda stuff they do and what not.might find something interesting that i'll try.

12. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

I do a lot of deadlifts, overhead press, cleans, squats, BB rows, pullups, etc. When I'm not travelling, followed by a lot of Sprint intervals, I've found what I do works pretty well and i learned through trial and error. I could talk about diet all day too.

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

What do u train for? Just as a hobby? What I do is geared towards athletics. Performance vs looks

14. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

I train MMA a bit on the side... I want to be able to kill a bear with my hands, lift a car, and Chase down a deer. Just a strong fast athletic motherfucker. Not the strongest it fastest yet, but I'm stronger than the fastest I know, and faster than the strongest...so I'm working on it lol

15. Yas

Yas Big Dog

How you doing man? Here's a video of a guy we were training earlier in the year. There's a bit I thought you might be interested in, he's jumping 47" hurdles wearing a 10lb weight vest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy21LOT8GNo

16. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

Tomorrow morning I've got front squats, deadlift, and weighted dips....can't wait

17. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

how'd you like adding some cardio intervals in? (HITT) And when did you do it?

18. WWII

WWII Banned

OK, I've been doing this since I was 14 (25 now). I have some videos in the 'Post your Pic' thread to prove I know what I'm doing.

1. BCAA: Waste of money. Someone way more knowledgeable than me did the research on it. If you are into working out, then you'll know the name. Look at Alan Aragon's research on it.

2. Protein: Wal-Mart's Body Fortress works just as well as any top brand, but might not taste as good. I've used every brand under the sun and it truly doesn't matter as far as results go. Some are easier on the stomach and some taste better. I use EAS from Sam's Club.

3. Fish oil- This is a must have. It's one of the only supplements I can actually tell a difference with. But, take way more than the bottle suggests. 9-12g/daily is what I recommend. 1 pill = ~1g. Your joints will thank you and you will just feel better all the way around. You won't notice how well fish oil works until you stop taking it.

4. Creatine - One of the only supplements with research to back it up. It's not a must have, but if you have some extra dough, feel free to get it. Wal-Marts Body Fortress creatine is the exact same stuff as Cell-Tech, only about $50 cheaper.

5. Multi-vitamin - If you live in America and eat more than twinkies and donuts, they are a complete waste of money.

6. Glutamine - Research is sketchy on it. The only thing I've noticed with glutamine is it bothers my stomach. I would pass on it. It really doesn't do anything, even if you believe the research.