1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

who is the best?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mccoypitbulls, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I'll check into it. I have it package in a form file and I haven't tried yet to copy and paste from those files.
    I do have Dog Fancier magazines but those I could scan. That story is in a different format. But can't hurt to try. lol
    I might have to print it out from that file and then scan it.
    I also have some rare L.B. Hana sporting magazines from the 20's.

2. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

BTW you all don't really believe the 24xw BS do you?
    There wasn't that many people matching dogs back then besides with dogs over 70+ lbs. as Pincher was.
    24xw wasn't conditioned, prearranged, forfeit place up first matches, I'll MIGHT buy bumps or OTC.

3. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Try me and find out...........

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lmao that's my signature nothing towards you!!

If people were dogs, would you be a cur?

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I always thought it could be possible but not 24 wins against true bulldogs. Maybe some where but way back then didn't they match dogs of various breeds against each other? I always read that they did. Any one who wanted some, come get some type matches. If so, then that 24w could easily be possible with a bunch of mongrels :lol:

6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I don't think it was 24 matches...in old books he say how much he made from pups and studs from PINCHER... and that he stopped 24 dog in rolls and try outs...

7. AGK

That's believable.

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Anybody with any good info on Tudors Blackjack?

9. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I can't upload it. It is a pdf file.

10. AGK

You can open it to read, highlight copy the article and paste in the reply box. Photos wont copy over but all the text should. ;)

11. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

That's basic what he says in his add in the 1915 Dog Fancier. I also just saw an ad from Guy McCord for ADBA out of St. Paul MN.

12. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Not in windows 8

13. AGK

Didn't know that, I have 7.

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

Well I can tell you who was bred to the least amount (6) females to make the Register of Merit (R.O.M.) list..........
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    hhmm curieus lol
    did he got rom after it by the way?

15. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

Thanks for trying, at least. I really like seeing things about the dogs from way back when. You're sitting on top of some gold. (like you didn't already know that)

16. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Windows 8 is a pain in the ass. I'll figure it out when I have more time. I'll going to do some printing and that will be good enough.
    It came out each month and I have to look through every issue to find it and it was an all breed magazine so I have to go through all them to get to the Pit Bull Terrier part.

17. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Yes he did. Try reading SDJ. The info is in the Year Books.

18. keystone

keystone CH Dog

stopped 24 dog in rolls and try outs...
    ----------------
    thats it ....cople of them pretty serieus probaly .
    -------------------------------------------
    Yes he did. Try reading SDJ. The info is in the Year Books.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ok thanks .

19. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

You should be able to take a pdf and transfer it to this board, and what a joy it would be to read some of those if you can figure out a way to do so.

on the 24w thing - its kind of hard to say its true or bs without an ouija board or talking to that one lady who can communicate with the dead. I will say that I have read an old article that said 20w, but concider the times and when actual contracted matches/sjd/pit reporter started to actual record such achievements..I could also see rolls but even to make it through those says quite a bit about the ability of the dog or lack of ability of the others.
    Also as AGK said - some of those could have been with other breeds. Speculation is fun, but to say it is bs will probably never be proved true or false.
    Without someone who was there, its like saying everything you see on an online pedigree is true, and we all know that is not the case.

soCH Iron Spike4xw ROM has it for best producer with fewest breedings... that is fantastic. Who has come close? if any?? He should be on that list that was posted previously.

Any other dogs that anyone else would like to add as their opinion of the best??

20. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Iron spike was on the hall of fame list, it listed them by points