1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

who has the best cottingham blood today?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by lrk, Nov 8, 2010.

1. LLC

LLC Pup

Thank you all for the kind words, and yankee I wish you the best in your quest for the doggie of your whittle dreams.....Lmao!

Here is some eye candy for the doggers directly from ole Danger Mouth himself......
    [​IMG]

YIS
    LLC

2. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

great lookin dog!

3. thall28

thall28 Big Dog

Awesome looking dog, well conditioned

4. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

That is a nicely stacked boy there LL;) ? is he chomping on a pumpkin? lol

5. LLC

LLC Pup

thanks guys....

he is working a indestructible ball, i can put water in it to weigh it down gives him a good work out.

6. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

eh eh eh, stop giving away the secrets bro

7. lrk

lrk Big Dog

I tell you what I'd give you a dollar two ninety eight for that ol hound LLC. ;-)

8. LLC

LLC Pup

Lol....

The secret is "how" you use the ball Lol......

Irk, I don't think he's worth that much just another ole mutt......

YIS
    LLC

9. LLC

LLC Pup

Here is the other pic of him.....

[​IMG]

10. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

ahh yes those Zoo workout balls. ive seen them before.

11. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

That boy of yours looks just like my man and he looks just like Bear.

12. LLC

LLC Pup

Lol.....His momma is off of bear, and you would laugh if you knew his name!

13. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

Yes Bear throws em.:D

14. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

Now who was the better producer RedMan Jr or Bear?? seen both down from them and own both down from them and they each threw theirs so as for me idk.

15. NobleKnls

NobleKnls Pup

If they are working, who cares? I mean, if you got good ones off of both then that should answer your question. They were both working dogs that produced dogs that could work...

16. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

Right and i explained why i asked the ? one or the other i seen both idk i said this already you say Who cares they worked, produced and so on i think we know this Nob right??? i just asked what one.... nothing more:rolleyes:. Its funny this is a board to talk and share ideas and what not then we get answers that have nothing to do with the ? we know about this blood yes;) im not asking about the line because again we both know and hopefully the ones that post know also but i ask is what one do you think puts them on the ground beeeeterrrrrr. Now im not acting pissy it just gets funny to me when i ask a simlpe ? as to who put them down better brother.

17. NobleKnls

NobleKnls Pup

Not taking it as you being pissy. Since you seen and owned offspring off of both, I would like to hear your opinion. What I am saying is, most people haven't seen directly off of both so you would probably have a good input. From what I have seen, the RedMan Jr dogs tend to be more mouthy and powerful compared to the all night flighters off of bear. Alot of people say bear didn't produce, but I think what they should say is bear didn't produce alot of Aces and freaks. I believe he produced alot of good dogs that were instantly retired to brood. I owned a gyp off of Bear and she was all dog, but thats about it. She was better than average but nothing to write home about.
    I hear the Jr dogs where a little rougher but not as reliable in deep water. I think the moral of the story is to breed around all of the foundation males to get complete packages. Personally, I would feed any of the above as long as they are from good people. I have heard the guy that owned SlimShady sold Jr b/c he didn't like what he was producing.
    Can we throw Buck into the conversation, was he as good as he reportedly produced?

18. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

I'm with you on the Jr dogs but on one thing. All the hunts i seen they went with them hogs all the way as did Jr i was told but the offspring proved to be.. sad thing is half were all short lived by the simple thing that could have been avoided by meds and hardware but i still have one old bitch off Jr never bred. The stuff Ive seen down from Bear is heavy winded dogs with ability great wrestlers and they are ive seen nothing from Shady or buck just hear so... PM me we can chat.

19. SRW

SRW Big Dog

bump.....................

20. LLC

LLC Pup

I don't know too much about how Jr. produced but the major comparison that usually comes out is Bear vs. Buck. Both in their own right were good dogs. The only down fall I see coming from the Bear side of the story is he had his nuts bred off. That and he produced alot of ear riders. Now don't get me wrong game head dogs are good if worked and schooled in the right hands. Just in the recent years more and more dogmen want fast starting hard mouthed dogs. We actually live in a world that is based on this concept if you think about it. Alot of fast talk, hard living, ruff people out there just like dogs. You have a dog world based the same way. People don't take time with their hounds, are more in it to gamble, and are quick to give up on a hound the first sign of adversity. This in my opinion is why more people gravitate to ruff curs more often then not, get frustrated losing their money and start "battle crossing" or spending more money to get the next greatest thing off someone else. The art of working a good natural winded, game, head dog has been lost or is very seldom found in modern times. When you run up against these guys though they are very very hard to beat. Now on the flip side of things you have Buck dogs that most people will say is great blood, but really don't know why it's so great. As our good friend Noble will tell you more and more people out there want to label their dogs as brood stock with out knowing what they are going to get out of their said brood stock. Alot of old timers will tell you to trust the blood but hell what do I trust? Paperwork that is probally bullshit one degree or another or trust in a dog that may be a terrible producer. Either way you won't know these things until years later when you or someone else has actually worked the stock. Bottom line is eventually someone will have to work the line to know what it is. Why not start now instead of bullshitting your buddy or some green horn. Lol...OK done ranting. Back to Buck. Buck wasn't even supposed to be bred, those who know the story know what I am talking about and when we get done with the Cottingham book you will all know (plug plug plug) LMAO, hey it's america right? Buck was bred maybe a 3rd of what Bear was bred and still produced quality stock. Some of the best dogs out there that are unknown to alot of people are down or off of Buck. I will share a story with you all. This is not a fabrication and even though it will seem like it, it is not. Many have verified it to be true and I spoke directly with the men involved in this story. Both will tell you its the truth.

An old dogman back in the day had a yard full of young prospects and winners. Very respected dogger. He called up a friend and asked if he wanted to school some dogs the up coming weekend. As always the friend was up for the task. The weekend came and the friend showed up, but as he pulled up the drive the old man noticed he only had one dog in the back of the truck. The old man asked his friend why did you only bring one dog? The friend told him your about to find out. That day the friend and is dog cur'd out 6 dogs back to back to back. Dogs 1-3 were prospects and dogs 4-6 were winners. This dog went on to win 2 contracted matches and several off the chain matches. The way this guy did the dog he would go to a show and when someone was over weight he would jump in the middle of it all and say Hey I got a dog I will put up against yours and he would match him. The dog never lost. Now why don't we know about this dog? My take on it, he was a gambler plain and simple. Either which way the dog was eventually sold lived a terrible life was passed around several times, and now is retired and living out the rest of his days in peace. This dog is a Buck dog.

I don't know if I gave any insight at all on the subject but at least I ranted for a bit. Lol.... We at LLC truly believe in the Cottingham line. We have as well as our families have dedicated blood, sweat, and tears to these fine animals. We hope to carry on the line and eventually have everyone recognize what we know now as one of the top Cottingham lines out there today the LLC Danger Mouth aka Nack Nack dogs.

YIS
    LLC