1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Which way would you go and why?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by PERRO, Oct 11, 2009.

1. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

I'm torn between picking up a male off one the these two litters. Not looking to cross it with anything. My male is 10 years old and coming close to his time. He's off some old Carver blood.

I've used to have a Skull X Scream female (Skully) which I loved but sold because I had to move into an apartment. I Also had a Mayday X Snooty female (Dinero) which I also liked but she was killed by a rattle snake.

Now it's time to buy another game dog and I can't decide which way to go, Boyles or Old RBJ. Tell me what you think. I'll be picking them up from SC straight from the source. Peace! :cool:

CGD
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=322432

Waccamaw
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=325878

2. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

Hell that is a tough choice! Good luck either way.

3. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

This is just a personal preferance but I'd go with the Waccamaw pup. I've seen many of those dogs and you will almost never go wrong! I like the Boyles breeding but the lil bit of Frisco I could do without. Good luck!

4. Without a doubt I would choose the Waccamaw breeding as long as the parents were properly considered. The other breeding is well put together as well. I hope you raise them properly so they end up becoming their best. Congratulations!

5. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

Thanks! And I will raise them properly. I'm not really into much of the other stuff ;), no matches here, but I do keep up with it. I make most of my dog picks from proven lines; but I will use him for what these dogs are bred to do which is work.

I hear a lot of good things about the Boyles dogs but I've never owned one. I've owned something close to the Waccamaw with the Mayday bitch but as you know Mayday was RBJ X Bolio/Tomstone.

I wish I could just get both. :D

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

they both are nice but I would probly go with the CGD pup that boyles stuff is the truth

7. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

like both but realy like cgd seen 2 great dog with that sparky in ped and seen some carolina dog that were fire.

8. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

Just looking at the pedigrees id go for waccamaw, as it looks a tighter line. jmo

9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Both look good, you got a good chance with either one of those hounds...;)

10. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

dont base it off just the ped...id be more concerned w/the parents

11. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I would base it more of the breeder or where the dogs are comming from, both put good dogs on the ground, but I know someone who owned Jethro before CGD and while he impressed others he did not impress this person (whos word I would take over just about anyones when it comes to the dogs), so the dog was sold. But you know what they say, one mans trash is another jack pot. (btw, I am not in anyway insinuating that Jethro is trash so please don't put words in my mouth, just telling you what was told to me by a previous owner of Jethro)

12. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I would go with the waccamaw stuff as well!! If i'm not mistaken, i thought Jethro died earlier this year so that would mean the breeding is from frozen semen. No disrespect but i dont trust many dogmen these days when it comes to straws or A.I, i'd rather get a pup from a natural breeding.JMO

13. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Get one from sonny, he is honest, and so are his dogs. Hey Northern Outlaw, have you ever seen frisco dogs? I doubt it. His name only shows up once in the ped and all the way in the 4th generation. Not enough to even mention his name.

14. Red Devil

Red Devil Big Dog

I seen many Frisco dogs and I'm not impressed with them. Not enough in that Ped to hurt it though! I'd go with the Waccamaw blood. Alot of good ones come from there.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2009
  15. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

go with the rbj you wont regret it

16. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

As a matter of fact I've seen several Frisco dogs and wasn't very impressed with em either. I once owned a grandson of Frisco. I have yet to see a bad dog come from Waccamaw.

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i like the FLETCHER / G. I. JANE breeding sonny has. if had to chose i would go with them Waccamaw dogs.

18. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

The FLETCHER / G. I. JANE breeding? I'm not aware of that. Is that a current breeding of a planned one?

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i believe it will be on the ground in a few weeks. im thinking about getting one or two not sure just yet. still looking for some jeep / rascal stuff from J.W old stuff.

20. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I would go with the Jethro breeding;)