1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

when picking a pup???

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by deadgam33, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

wtf?? if im breedin for the good ones im keepin the whole litter

only way to tell what you got

2. shake

shake Banned

just asked damb

3. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I keep the ones I want to get rid of.....they almost always turn out to be the best ones.

4. KBK

KBK Big Dog

dont understand why everybody goes for the runt....me? I take the healthy pup that aint afraid or timid or the runt. Just a good solid pup. At that stage you cant pick shit...you have as good a chance with any of them

5. shake

shake Banned

do you think a runt has something 2 prove

6. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

Im a big believer in letting the pup pick me, i pick the one(s) that are the most excited and most willing to see and be with me, that bond goes alot further than people think.

7. shake

shake Banned

Ins't any pup ready 2 see you ?

8. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

from my experience theres always one or two that is just different and more enthusiastic than others.

9. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

its all a gamble close your eyes & put out your arms ! but if i know the breder i go their 4-5 times & watch the pups , then make my decision or i ask the breeder yo man what one u think is going to act like mommy or daddy ect.ect.

10. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

lol aint that the truth

11. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

Thats sometimes the truth FOR me to but i cull to much so most of the time i dont give anything away...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
  12. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

EXACTLY!!! about 8 months and youll have an IDEA of what to get rid of.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

anything else is takin a blind shot in the dark, now if i was lookin onto conf. dogs i would definatel go wit what FB said, but if im lookin for bulldogs, shit ill take the whole damn litter lol

14. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

That pretty much sums it up......good post.

15. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

IMO you cant tell what a dog is going to be like at puppy stage, at all.

16. fblb

fblb Top Dog

This thread really brought out the jackasses. To bad because it is a pretty decent thread...I just pick out the one I personally like the most. I believe most people try to make to much of a science about how to pick out a pup. Pick the one you like, and raise it with every advantage you can give it...than let the cards fall where they will. I do believe it is possible to pick a good pup out of a litter (for those that really understand what they are looking at) but for the average joe that doesn't know what to expect from that particular line or family of dogs just pick the one you like the best...or ask the person if it is not your litter what they think of each pup. If they know what to expect, and you trust them have them help you. Really many different ways to pick one out. Everyone has their own little things they like about a certain pup out of a litter.

17. old goat

old goat CH Dog

always pick the runt.

18. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

chew, piss, and shit thats what puppies do and I don't care for them much. But there is allways a stand out that gets to ya. Thats the one keep. I don't breed dogs so I don't have to choose I like em around a year old or older so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting.

19. deerhunter

deerhunter Big Dog

I mainly look at how the pup is built, check it's teeth and such. I'll take a timid,outgoing or a runt if it's put together well. At the end of the day it's a crap shoot.

20. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

yea true but at the end u have to pick one when they all are well put together....