1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

When a pups not a pup anymore

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Gmaculous, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Gmaculous

Gmaculous Pup

At what age is a pup considered as an adult? Isn't it 18 months?
    Which leads me to my my next question, when feeding raw an adult gets 2% of bw, and a pup can get up to 10% bw. My female just turned 1 year an were making a switch to raw. Knowing a pup needs more nutrition cuz it's still growing what's a good % for this case and when do you make the switch to 2%?

2. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

could be between 2-3 years physically. mentallly is another story

3. Gmaculous

Gmaculous Pup

Right so what abot the % of feed.

4. bb051491

bb051491 Pup

you should feed 2-3% of the disired body weight you want her to be at also could depend on how active she is you could feed more or less. Its not rocket science you'll figure it out.

5. The % of feed is pretty simple to figure out - if she is gaining weight lower the feed, if she is losing weight raise the feed. Each dog is an individual and the % thing is only a guideline, some dogs will need more some will need less - just play around a little.

6. Gmaculous

Gmaculous Pup

Got it. I just figured since she is only 1 year she still has some growing to do and weight gain should be expected.

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

at a year old its ok to cut the feed down to 2 or 3 percent. people have different opinions on when and how much they cut the feed but by 9 months i'd say its more than a safe bet