1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whelping pens

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 1916, Nov 21, 2010.

1. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Looking for ideas for a whelping pen.Anybody have any good pics? Above ground or on the ground.

2. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Scott Pet, Inc.

They sell a set plans to an above ground welping pen with two sections; one to sleep in and the other to get out and feed or pee/poop.

3. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

you have a pm 1916

4. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Thanks guy's

5. How about these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Balkan Boys)

6. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

i dont think he ment that kind of pen.:DWith our breed i dont think its safe to have one that size. lmao! very nice though

7. what breed do Balkan Boys kennels breed then?

8. mdoggz

mdoggz Pup

LoL I think he meant the general size n shape of the pen mate!!!

9. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Yeh with the space i have to work with i chose to stick with an above ground pen. I got a few ides from what i have seen. I've been looking up the cost and it shouldnt be much over $100.00 ,treated 2x4's as low as 2.00 each oak plywood around 10.00 each,4ftx50ft chain link fencing around 40.00,already have a heat lamp,tools and screw.I'll have it drawn up today and show you guy's what im thinking.

Balkan Boy's have some good dog's. I like alot of what Ch Black Buck has produced.
    sam pročitao o RAID koja se dogodila u Srbiji. Da je fucked do, koju sam čuo da je to zadatak i da će policija je rečeno je match su čeka kada je match started.do ne zna ko je rasturila ali se nadam da to nije bio Balkan dečak je

10. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

THank u mdoggz! that welping box could be mistaken for something else. Thats what i ment

11. 1916

1916 Big Dog

That's what i was thinking. If the wrong people showed up and seen me with a whelping box that big i'd lose everything i'm working for. But I figure an above ground pen 8 ft long by 4-5 ft wide should be big enough

12. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

agree! look up the pens Cali Jack has in his book they r real easy to make.

13. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

Where do you get sheets of plywood for $10??? what thickness???

14. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Sorry i was looking at the wrong one,but i was right about the price of this one,wrong shit though 1/4" thick 2ft x 4 ft oak plywood $8.27 @ Lowe's .
    I'm going to check Ace and see if their bigger sheet's are cheaper.

15. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Which book? I used to have Tip's 07 but I lost it when this pos got a virus on a j/rb forum

16. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

The Pit Bull Bible

17. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Downloaded tips again and i checked out the pen in his book.pretty much going for the same thing but a bit different

18. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

yeah just roll with it. im sure you will come up with something good. just remember spend the extra money and get treated wood so that it lasts for a while.

19. :rolleyes:doh! I had a proper blonde moment there pmsl

20. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

The above info is outdated, they no longer carry the plans. They gave me this site when I called. Looks like a good one.

SCOTT'S DOG SUPPLY, T.E. SCOTT, SUPPLIES