1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's Your Opinion on these breedings???

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by MOOT44, Jul 5, 2009.

1. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

MOONSHINE: Basically, I want a dog that will work for me and do as i ask. I am into weightpulling, agility (just recently) and if I go w/ howards (which I am 99.9% sure I am) i'd like to do some Sch. Those dogs of howards, should not be that large (dam is 45 and sire is 63) i'm hoping for something in the middle, 52ish.

If they're not 'game' line dogs, I am 1000000% alright with that. I don't want a game dog, just so I can say I have a gamedog, know what I mean?

Hell, my 'pit bull' (whatever you want to call him) that I got from the pound is a hell of a weightpulling dog and has serious drive. So do my other 2 dogs.

I appreciate everyones input on these dogs.

Andrew

2. moonshine

moonshine Pup

Then buy a dog from Howard and I dont think you will regret it and you can rest assured that you will get what you pay for.You say that you are friends with him then you will have spoken to him about your expectations and his of you.Good luck with it and if you get one post some pics.

3. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Andrew, is Howard selling to the public? That Capone x Flame breeding looks nice, and I am searching for a French Ring or PSA quality dog.

4. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
  5. WNK

WNK Big Dog

Pandora's Box is an AST.

6. I said they weren't my cup of tea cuz they aren't the type of dog I am want or am willing to feed. I researched long and hard just like you are doing before getting my dogs and am PERFECTLY happy with my choices. Obviously if you look at the structure and pedigrees of my dogs you will see the HUGE differences in the 2. So that would be why I said "not my cup of tea".

IF they fit the profile of the type of dog you are looking for then that should be what matters.

I don't even know why you would ask if anybody that said "not my cup of tea" would automatically label them currs. How would we know?

7. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Thats crazy Jeeperino. My huge red male "Big Game" Is bred just like that. 80 pounds and cold as a polar bears toe nail lol

8. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

Boog: I just asked, due to not knowing. No harm, no foul. I am just out there looking, to see what options are there. I am just looking:):):)

The first option is now a 'no go' due to the bitch having pyometra (she had to have an emergency spay).....

9. moonshine

moonshine Pup

That may be but I wasnt referring to that I was referring to the ped posted of Howards litter.They are not amstaffs.

10. RoKiReds

RoKiReds Pup

Pandora's Box is NOT an Amstaff.

I bred the dog and know her ped back to the imports.
    YES, there is small amount of Archer blood from the 1950's behind the Lar-San in her ped. SO WHAT. Those dogs were UKC 'PR' dogs that were listed into AKC when the stud books opened. It is well known that Mrs. Archer showed her dogs and Mr. Archer matched his... They were not strickly "showfluff".

There is Tacoma way behind other well known red nose dogs also. SO WHAT! Your talking about a different type of dog back then. 50+ years has made a huge divergence from the AST and APBT. Back then they were much more of the same type dog.

Pandora is Lar-San and Sarona.
    She is an ADBA Ch
    Her sister is a Ch and BOO winner in ADBA and a UKC Ch with a National AOM from the Ch class...
    Margo is also a Duel Ch with BOS and BOO trophies in ADBA.
    Both are weight pull titled.

My dogs fit the bill for both registries and show well in each.
    NEVER have we claimed them to be game dogs.
    Just good honest dogs able to do what you wish them to.

I have no interest in either litter so nothing to gain from posting here.
    BOTH will IMO be outstanding litters.
    I personaly would count myself lucky to own a pup from either.

Best of luck to you Moot44.
    I own an OFBA male that is directly related to Po also.
    Feel free to contact me if you ever want information in regards to either line.

Kim
    RoKiReds@hotmail.com

11. moonshine

moonshine Pup

Thanks for clarifying that.I didnt think she was but I dont know the peds that far back.I know some of that lar san stuff in that ped was bred off of dogs from Wilrox but the rest I dont know.
    Your right about the Tacoma blood you can see where the lines cross over.If you look at GR CH Kingfish who was great grandsire to Turtlebuster.His dam if you go back far enough comes down from GR CH Browns tacoma Jack 9xw.

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

No one has still answered my question. What are these "temperament issues" Ro-Ki dogs are supposed to have? Please answer, as I would like to know. :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. pitboy69

pitboy69 Pup

I don't think it is just RoKi dogs but Lar-san dogs in general. I had a mostly Lar-san dog that was fine with animals but would go after anyone but me and my girlfriend. I know of 3 people in my area with Lar-san based dogs that all had temperment problems. Not all of their dogs had problems but a few would get you if you were not looking. Sometimes they were ok and other times they would snap. It turned out that they all had day-blindness too. (the dogs in ?)

And I have never heard anything about RoKi dogs and Kim was very nice the few times that I talked with her.

14. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

I have owned a pure Larsan dog in the past and he had a great temperament. I have one now that is Wilrox/Larsan on top and she is great with people, and possibly one of THE smartest dogs I've owned. That has just been MY experience.

I have heard of the day blindness thing also.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
  15. ANY dog that would "get you" when you aren't looking should have it's brains splattered on the ground in the woods by lead.

just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
  16. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

My 3/4 LarSan dog has passed more temperament evaluations than any dog I know. CGC twice, Therapy Dog Intn'l, ATTS TT, NKCGDT (a mix of the TT and CGC), GDT (a temp test you need to pass for Iron dog), WPBTCA BST. 7 different temperament evaluations by independent evaluators.
    My half LarSan dog has her CGC and works as a therapy dog. She is a soft dog temperamentally, but no human aggression. She spent 3 hours today doing a therapy dog visit w/a bunch of rowdy teenagers w/no dog manners. Her mom is a sister to Pandora. I do find her temperament softer than I consider correct, and I know she has a half sister that was put down for HA.
    Her topside is similar to Capone's top side.
    Personally, I would have jumped at the first pedigree. I like working dogs, and they're health tested.
    n

17. pitboy69

pitboy69 Pup

Yeah, I have known alot of good Lar-San dogs too. But there seems to be alot of HA dogs in the line. Most of the HA dogs that I have seen have come down from Dream Weaver, including the one that I owned, but I have seen a pure Lar-San dog from Lar-San that could not pass any kind of temperment test. Which is weird because Dream Weaver was the nicest dog.

18. Leslie H

Leslie H Big Dog

19. pitboy69

pitboy69 Pup

His Sire was Truegrit's Jerico a Lar-San dog from Lar-San kennels so I would consider him half Lar-San and all Martin's Ceaser blood.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009