1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's Your Definition of a Cur (Split from Bullyson thread)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rock n Rye, Mar 28, 2012.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Re: What's Your Defination of a Cur (Split from Bullyson thread)

I do believe that their is degrees of gameness.Some days a dog that has quit,next time will go out dead game.The dogs have good days and bad days.There has been many dogs that should have been picked up long before ,but because of an asshole they are left down way too long.Some owners will make a dog quit by rolling the hell out of a dog.One case a season dogman said that dog is a cur to the young owner and after rolling the dog with 5 dogs for over 3 hours the dog finally quit.The man then said I told u he was a cur.That is not a season dogman that is an asshole.Look at Bullyson they did everything wrong before the match and they shouldn't have matched him but they did and he quit.Now was he in shock or not I don't know for sure.Some say he could have went ,some say he couldn't go.But the fact is that dam dog produced outstanding dogs.Snooty quit twice and produced some very good dogs as well.The dogmen that say they wouldn't take a dog like Bully well I would be glad to take any of them off your hands.

2. NGK

NGK Top Dog

Reputation and pride have ruined alot of great dogs...

NGK

3. Icepick

Icepick Banned

No,,, only one way to earn the title "dead game" in my book. If that were the case, the dog with the better conditioner probably win.

4. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

This may happen, but it is a very rare occurance. Usually once a dog quits, they quit faster the next time.

5. Icepick

Icepick Banned

If it was showtime, and you know your dog was not on his day, fork up the forfeit. If you know your animal, and you know he "isnt right" on show day, and he stops, or whatever, that falls under the "bad handler" category IMO. If a dog gets put in the box, and the handler thinks he isnt 100%, it just leaves room for the excuses to come out too. If the handler knows he has done his best (conditioning etc.), and the dog is at its best at show time, dont make excuses if things dont go your way. Simple and plain.

If someone's agenda is to make a dog quit, there are plenty of ways. Thats known as ruining a dog. That is different from cur or game IMO.

6. venom

venom Top Dog

You get some cold dogs if you breed to tight on late starting dogs sometimes. So you could open that can right back open on your next breeding with some vigor. You got a tight bred bitch and the dogs before her took a while to crank, you know why. Take her to something diff and you correct it.

Obviously if you got better ones out the litter or limited space you won't do it. But half the time you ain't got nothin better to do.

I guess some of y'all are just drill sergeant dogman who do everything by the book. I hope y'all have excellent results, cuz that's about the only reason I wouldn't give something not to far out there a shot, if my other methods were just having such Fkn phenomenal results lol

7. Icepick

Icepick Banned

I thought we were talking about curs, not breeding theories on this thread???

8. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I can respect your opinion on that but to me its one and the same, difference is the men were able to see the outcome and save the dogs apose to letting them PROVE deadgame, each to their own....

NGK

9. venom

venom Top Dog

It's all the same. Talking curs, breeding curs, culling curs, curs Producing, curs and cold dogs being or not being one in the same, culling both, breeding one or the other, results, etc.

10. venom

venom Top Dog

Thought this was about curs, not the definition of dg.

11. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Cur is a word used to describe a type of game dog, therefore it is a definition. The definition is what is being argued.
    Unless you are using your own stock, just leave the breeding to the breeders, because some are better than others. Just because someone used to have two good dogs and bred them, that doesnt make them expert breeders lol...

12. venom

venom Top Dog

Hey bud, this is about curs remember. Not dead game dogs and breeding theories.

13. venom

venom Top Dog

I'm just fuckin with you. But most people are just sticking two dogs together cuz they like them nowadays. Cur, cold, etc. you dunno what the next man is doing, reputable or not. Your own stock should be everybody's goal.

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Its not a opinion its a FACT, the term/word Dead means its dead and its never coming back. Unless it turns into a zombie then its walking dead LMAO.

The term dead game is thrown around too loosely by people who do not realize what the term/word DEAD means LMAO.

Any thing that goes into deep water and lives is called, Deep game. Any thing that goes into deep water and dies is called, dead game.

Anything that is spayed or neutered is called a Tranny right NGK? LMAOROTF

15. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Or they will stop at almost the exact same time, as if they had a stop watch on lol..

16. Icepick

Icepick Banned

You got that right Venom lol...

17. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Most haven't ever tested their dogs,seen a real match,or has seen a real game dog .

18. Icepick

Icepick Banned

We arent supposed to redrumdog, its against the law. I know what you are saying though....

19. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I know its against the law but ...

20. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

all i have to say is look at gr ch croatas dam. a 1xl in 9minutes that went on to produce a GrCH and a 2:20 minute dead game bitch. this dog would have been culled by number of yall. they seen something in here though. 9 minutes that pushing it, but i dont know why its so hard to see something special in a deep game dog. dogs that push well over and hour, two hours and even three ours. these dogs arent simply curs. there is a fine line but most are being very narrow minded. look at woods snooty. wow! if any of you guys would say you would have culled that dog.