1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's Cookin?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YellowJohnJocko, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Use fresh mint and mint sause!

AncientEgypt likes this.
  2. I copied them lol....
    aint made em for ages coz im shit at making pastry.
    but think they called Welsh Oggies.

AncientEgypt likes this.
  3. I like sausege rolls aswell if they good ones.
    and a good pie..
    any pie or pasty i have i put vinigar on it.

Box Bulldog and AncientEgypt like this.
  4. I agree. I think the Hindus are ok to something worshipping cows. Cows seem too godly to eat. The way they look at you staring through your soul. I mostly stay away from red meat. Turkey is my #1 favorite meat. It is the Zebo of all meats in my opinion. Basically a superfood.

5. Lentil soup is so amazing

6. what the Fuck are you on about worship cows???

Yeah i worship all animals..i worship em so much i butcher em and eat em.

Worship a cow???
    your fucking round the bend you pal.

a cow is to godly to eat???hahahaha.
    is a pig?
    is a goat?
    is a turkey?

Wow....
    Zebo would of ate a cow lol.
    i dont think he would have turnd his noes up at some burger lol

So what is your aim???
    you come across like you no shit but your just a ZEBO PEDO.

Hahaha Fuck off cow shagger.
    we dont shag cows were i come from-we eat em!

AncientEgypt likes this.
  7. GK1

GK1 Big Dog

Box bulldog - the humane raised lamb from NZ is pretty good and most common in the local market, but the more expensive Sonoma, CA stuff is primo.

Soze tk - my late, politically incorrect pops said he couldn’t understand why “these bohemians put green jelly on their lamb...”. I cut slots in the raw leg and plug them with garlic cloves. Season generously with Celtic salt, black pepper, oregano and rosemary. Sear in hot oven, then cook well done. Magic.

Ancient Egypt - I’ll cube the leaner lamb leg meat and make it Indian with turmeric, spicy curry, cumin, a bit of salt, black and red pepper. Add red lentils, water. Cook it down stove top. Warm nan to scoop it up. Gold.

Haha today I get codfish stew, with rice and beans. Compliments of the mother-in-law. Wonder what she wants now...

Soze the killer and AncientEgypt like this.
  8. I do worship cows. But you need to post some pics , a lot of the food you talked about sounds good.

9. GK1, damn man that sounds amazing !!

10. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Too godly to eat huh... Thank god I aint hindu.

Genesis 9:3
    Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

I quote Genesis 3:16 probably more than any other verse in the bible that I know and it's probably the only one I know word for word without looking it up. but that's a discussion for a different thread. Lol.

I'm not particularly a bible thumper, don't practice lent and I eat meat on any day that ends in Y, even if it has good in front of it. My God though would want me to look into those piercing eyes and decide what cut I'm having tonight...... Lol says so basically right here:

Leviticus 11 1-47:

And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you.

Therefore I just don't eat badgers or camels. Easy peasy. :))

11. Man fuck all that bible shit...the bible a copied book.
    but i will bless me self when i eat a steak next time lol...not that i eat much steak lol.but beef then...ill say a prear next time i eat beef.

We live.
    we die.

Thats it.
    here one minet gone the next.

But i do belive in Jesus Christ.
    the Irish in me or shades of my old nan.

If there was a god....what god would allow this??????

And ide eat a camel or a badger if i was hungery lol.

Diffrent thred???
    arrrr man dont incorege the poor soul lol.
    game dog sight..not a sight to debate religion.

Curious some religions.....dont alow you to eat beef..but alow you to fuck a twelve year old girl..yeah,thats religions for ya.
    fuck religions!

Go and preach your cow eating bullshit somewere else Antient Egypt.

stedz, bamaman and AGK like this.
  12. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It’s a simple recipe, you won’t need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it’s one of my favourite Indonesian foods – and I’m betting you will love it too.

The literal translation of Nasi Goreng is “fried rice” in Indonesian and Malaysian – and that’s exactly what it is! It’s mainly rice with just a little bit of meat and just onion for the vegetables. The thing that distinguishes it from other Fried Rice dishes is the sauce which is made with kecap manis, a sweet soy sauce that stains the rice dark brown and caramelises the rice when it cooks.

Typically it’s served with a sunny side up egg (love how the yolk runs into the rice!) and a side of fresh cucumber and tomato (no dressing) to make a meal of it.

Shrimp Paste is optional!
    As with almost every traditional dish, there are many versions of Nasi Goreng. Some are more complicated than others, calling for the use of dried shrimp (belacan) which, astonishingly, is now sold in large supermarkets in Australia as well as Asian stores.

I make it with, and I make it without. It’s tasty even without dried shrimp – and in fact, when I originally shared this Nasi Goreng recipe in 2016, I chose the version without shrimp paste because of that reason.

But it is tastier and more authentic with dried shrimp.

So I’ve compromised and taken the easy route by using shrimp paste rather than dried shrimp which requires more effort in the preparation process (crumble and toast before using).

Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
    A distinguishing feature of Nasi Goreng is the dark brown colour of the rice from the kecap manis / ketjap manis which is an Indonesian sweet soy sauce. It’s thicker and sweeter than normal soy sauce, with a consistency like syrup.

Don’t go running for the hills thinking it’s a hard-to-find-ingredient! overhere, kecap manis is available in major supermarkets
    And if you can’t find it at your supermarket, don’t worry! It is SO easy to make – just reduce soy sauce and brown sugar. Seriously. I’ve included directions in the recipe for you.

Cold, day old rice is not optional!
    While shrimp paste is optional, the COLD cooked rice called for is not!

It’s simply not possible to make any fried rice with hot, freshly cooked rice – it gets kind of stickier when stir fried in sauce.

On the other hand, day old cold rice is drier and harder, so the rice can be stir fried in the sauce in a way that makes it become caramelised which gives Nasi Goreng the signature colour and flavour.

Speedy option: Cook the rice, spread out on tray then FREEZE for 1 – 2 hours, or refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours. It’s not just about cooling the rice, it’s also about making the surface of the rice dry out.

Super quick 20 minute recipe
    The making part is very straightforward, no different to typical fried rice recipes. Garlic, chilli and onion first, then chicken, then rice, kecap manis and shrimp paste, if using.

Cook for a couple of minutes until the rice grains start to caramelise. Trust me – you will know when it’s ready, it smells amazing!

How to serve Nasi Goreng
    Nasi Goreng is traditionally served with a fried egg and a side of fresh vegetables (commonly plain juicy wedges of tomato and cucumber).

Both these side options are very typical in various parts of Asia to add protein and vegetables to a plate to turn something carb-heavy into a meal.

Drink an icecold Heineken beer while eating this dish, bon apetit !

stedz, Soze the killer and AGK like this.
  13. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Make this hearty beef goulash to feed the family on chilly nights. Stir in the soured cream and parsley for an indulgent, crowd-pleasing supper

1. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.

2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based saucepan. Sprinkle 700g stewing steak chunks with 30g plain flour and brown well in three batches, adding an extra 1 tbsp oil for each batch. Set the browned meat aside.

3. Add in the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the casserole dish, followed by 1 large thinly sliced onion, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper, both finely sliced. Fry until softened, around 5-10 mins.

4. Return the beef to the pan with 2 tbsp tomato purée and 2 tbsp paprika. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins.

5. Add in 2 large diced tomatoes, 75ml dry white wine and 300ml beef stock. Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hr 30 mins - 2 hrs. Alternatively, cover and cook it on the hob on a gentle heat for about an hour, removing the lid after 45 mins.

6. Sprinkle over 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir in 150ml soured cream and serve.

bamaman and Soze the killer like this.
  14. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

Today we had Red curry with chicken and a Thai style omelette. 160B34BF-3577-41E4-B9E9-EA57BCB21FA4.jpeg

Soze the killer and AGK like this.
  15. That looks a hole lot better then your mushroom dish lol.

Im a little of Asian stuff lately lol.

16. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

They were both great but that creamy pasta was on point.

Soze the killer likes this.
  17. You know mate im actully craving mushrooms to be honest lol..
    karma for laughing at your dish i suppose lol.

SMD760 likes this.
  18. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

Today she made drunken noodles with langosta, bay scallops, and collard greens. F8E60278-B4F0-4B7A-BF62-0BDED078128C.jpeg

19. Looks nice....looks healthy.

LOL...
    what are drunken noodles lol.?
    you cook some crazy stuff man.

20. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

It’s a thai dish, it is spicy, a little salty, one of my favorites!