1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Whatchu Think?

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by pookie!, Jan 22, 2012.

1. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Okay, please forgive his color :o but I was wondering, besides the fact that he is tied to a door knob and isnt holding his head up properly, how is his conformation?

I dont think he looks half bad but then again I am new to the whole conformation thing..
    [​IMG]

His feet are even apart and his body is straight and his feet on the same plain so he isnt all twisted like normal lol and he is a bit leggy :o

Here are a few others..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you didnt know his color he wouldnt be half bad! :p

He is a week away from getting started on his pre-keep. Its going to consist of lots (LOTS) of hand walking/running. By the end of the 5 weeks he(and I) should be up to about 15miles of walking, and I have a goal to be able to run for over an hour straight. This will be mainly road work, as I dont have a spring pole or anything to get him on right now. Friends were like, "how are you going to get him to run that much?" :D I gotta put in the work too!
    He has been on couch rest since Dec 14 when he cut his pad completely in two, http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?97325-Bear-cut-his-foot It has been hard on the both of us and set us back over a month now on our workouts.

But anyway, hopefully I can get us in serious shape before I order his harness and get him started on pulling! He is a good dog, regardless of his color and I have high hopes for him :cool:

Okay last picture lol
    [​IMG]
    He has an XL kennel with your name on it ;)

2. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Looks good pookie. I like grey dogs just fine! Kools to be in wonderful shape as well. :)

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I wouldnt say leggy and the dog seems kinda shallow chested to me. Could def be worst but i wouldnt say the dog has great conformation

4. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

nice dog, but a pre keep for confirmation show?

5. hardluck

hardluck Banned

do you have a pedigree you can post? he looks nice to me, i always had a thing for stand up ears. only if it new how to smile at you. i have seen a few bat ear APBT's that would smile at you lol. at 15 miles im sure you and the dog will be running for an hour with no problem. how much weight are you trying to bring off the dog?

6. Nice back end and tail set. Pretty straight in the front shoulder. Chest could be deeper. I disagree with DP, I think his height is fine. They should be as tall as they are long. Decent looking head and neck. Nice feet. OK but not great top line.

If you ever got a chance to go to a fun show I'd enter him. Especially if there is a best blue fun class. :)

7. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Thanks, I know most people are not to fond of the color but for his color he is better than 99% of the ones out there with the same!

Thanks :) Him having a shallow chest isnt to bad right? Shouldnt effect him workout wise? I dont think he is that bad, considering where he is from and for being a generic dog.

Thanks, No he isnt going into a conformation show, he isnt papered and I want to do the pre keep to get him ready for weight pulling and just to get him and myself in shape, because skinny doesnt mean fit or healthy IMO.
    Plus it gives us something to do together and will be good for the both of us.

No I dont, he is a generic back yard dog unfortunately. I wish I knew because he is IMO better than the majority of dogs his color out there. He kind of looks like he has a lot of Amstaff in him, just by how his body looks, but really who knows. :(
    Yea he has some serious ears lol I hope so, I miss running and its a good workout for nice lean muscle.
    I am not so much trying to bring weight off of him, but just tone him up more, get him fit and ready to work for weight pulling and stuff. He probably wont drop to much weight, he isnt to bad for a house dog right now, but he and I could be better, I want him to show all the fat low rider dogs whats up and how they should look, because in Phoenix thats pretty much all we have. Plus my thinking him being fit and ready to go will aid in him starting his weight pulling..

I always think he is so long legged though lol he is much taller than his dam, and much taller than most of the other dogs around here. Is his shallower chest bad for him at all? Will that make him get tired faster? Or will it hinder him in any way during pulls or running? Now that I am looking at the picture maybe thats why I think he is so disproportionately tall looking in my eyes?

I wish we had some fun shows out here, I emailed an ADBA rep or whatever off their site to try and get information on anything upcoming in Phoenix or the surrounding area, we only have those dumb low rider bully things and he would get laughed out of the ring lol he is to tall, to long in the face and not "buff" enough or whatever, who cares though, he is healthy and will live longer than their dogs.

8. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

^^^ I second that. Lol

9. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Thanks! Good to know he isnt to bad off!

10. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

Looks good to me

11. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I agree with this assessment .. I am not sure how old the dog is but I just wanted to add if the dog hasn't reached his or her full growth the chest will drop and fill out some by 2-3 that doesn't mean your dog will have chest for days but you may see a little more depth in the chest by the time the dog finishes growing and filling out.

12. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

Here is a blue male with great confirmation[​IMG]also a female. [​IMG]

13. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Lol thanks :cool:

He is just over a year right now, he has a lot of filling out and growth still to go so he will probably change a lot, he already looks nothing like his Dam or the Sire I was shown a picture of tied to the bitch.
    Thats good to know he may fill out chest wise a little, I dont want him to be super deep though, that looks tacky to me ya know lol
    I cant wait until this time next year, after some training and work, as well as learning to properly stack :o I am sure he will look a million times better.

Honestly I cant see anything conformation wise in the first picture, so I dont know. Second picture doesnt look to bad to me, but I am a noob so who knows :p love the ears on her though!!

14. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yes Pookie My male Bogart had a pretty shallow chest as a pup now that he's closer to 2 his chest has dropped some and he's just filling out really nicely! So I wanted to mention age as being a factor considering your dog isn't finished growing and filling out I would say you might see a little more depth in the chest area as your dog continues to mature.

15. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Thats cool, thanks for telling me :) I just want to see him grown already lol glad there are people on here who know more than me, its nice learning new stuff. So thanks

16. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

What I was trying to show in the first pic is what the proper head shape of our breed should be. Also what the proper chest width and drop should be. The second pic shows the top line and proper length of our breed. A dog with big lips is not functional due to the fact that during hunting of prey he will get fanged very easily. A dog with a narrow chest and rib cage will not have the proper wind that a pitbulls should have. To wide of a rib cage and chest and u sacrifice movement. Hope this helps u out. Also go to the ADBA site and look at the standard of the breed . It will give u all the info u need

17. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Ooh see I was wanting a more stacked type shot, I dont think my dog has to bad of a head, nothing super huge like some people's dogs. I cant really see the chest or drop because the dog is in a pulling stance, it would be nicer if it was stacked and one straight on, but you have a nice looking dogs regardless.
    I understand about the lips, he has pretty tight ones and even when playing tug and stuff he has yet to fang himself and I doubt he ever will because he has a nice mouth.
    I dont think he so much is narrow but its just not very dropped down, he has good wind as of now and hopefully it wont hinder him in workouts or pulling later on.

He just started his feet toughening week for his roadwork and pre-keep, so far so good, he has some soft feet from being on couch rest for a month now due to a horrible pad split. He is so ready to get going but he has to take it easy until his pads get back in order, otherwise he is going to cut them and make himself sore. I am excited though, my goal is to be able to post a picture in the Most Ripped thread and have him be able to hold his own regardless of his color, and for him and me to get some serious lean healthy muscle and be able to out run anyone and anything :vovvetliten:

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

the adba site will explain it all
    i had one that was shallow chested but she looks about right now
    didn't expect it to change with age but it did and she has good wind
    and as far as me saying the dog isnt leggy, i didnt mean the dog was to short. I just don't think the dog is overly tall. seems longer than tall but not bad by any means

19. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Yea, I think he will change quite a bite before he hits 2 years so hopefully his chest fills out some, but as of now it doesnt seem to hinder him at all working wise, now if he was doing conformation it would probably hold him back, am I right? Doesnt it have to be down by his elbows?

I know he isnt short lol he is very tall IMO, thank you though :) I think he is looking better now that he is filling out some