1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What would you choose?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DrGonnzoe, Jan 23, 2010.

1. DrGonnzoe

DrGonnzoe Pup

Okay this is just for conversation and to see other peoples opinions about what they would do Im not going to be doing either one.

So if you had to breed your APBT with another breed out of lets say a Paterdale Terrier and a Bullmastiff which would you choose? Choose as if they would be equally game, and would pretty much look the same. I guess another way to say it would you rather have your game APBT smaller then 35 lbs. or bigger then 55 lbs.

2. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

There are enough APBT's at below 35 and over 55 that you shouldn't have to create litters of mutts to meet your goal.

3. DrGonnzoe

DrGonnzoe Pup

Okay forget the breeding with a different dog. Just would you guys rather have a smaller dog or a bigger one. and maybe list some reasons.

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

small dog hands down
    reasons-
    easier to handle
    less to feed
    and we cant forget the Napolean Complex! ;)

5. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Agreed! Plus, they take up less space! Lol

6. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Paterdale Terrier yeah them little fucker are animal aggressive will bang just like a pit dog a they can bite. There's some people crossing game dogs with paterdale Terrier right now as we speak:cool:

7. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Small:cool:

8. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

Agreed. Big dogs are too difficult to handle.

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

sounds like a terrible idea. what does a patt need from an apbt?

I'll take the smaller bulldog. Less feed, less mess, easily managed, fun to work and all heart.

10. venom

venom Top Dog

I guess it depends on what you're breeding for... bigger dogs have more problems and a lower life expectancy. Smaller dogs have less health issues, easier to maintain and feed and just less of a hassle.

but i love my big dogs, just not big pits.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i dont care how big they are as long as its a bulldog.

although i agree that smaller=easier to handle,carry,feed (less) and prolly smaller shits lol!

12. popper

popper CH Dog

Do yall ever get peope asking if your apbt is stilla puppy when he is like 3 years old? evreyoneis so use to seeing those short stocky things. they either ask if he isstill a puppy or he is a mix or something

13. DrGonnzoe

DrGonnzoe Pup

I know, most of them see a perfect APBT and they say its to small or to skinny. haha

14. DrGonnzoe

DrGonnzoe Pup

Good replies to I think I agree with a little of what everyone said.

15. BLU3BR1NDLE

BLU3BR1NDLE Big Dog

I gotten those questions before. People would think that my APBT was "mixed" because of his slightly snipey muzzle. They're so used to seeing Bullys with those flat faces/short muzzles.

16. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

For me I'd choose a small dog. Two of my favorite dogs were a 26 lb bitch & a 38 lb male. I started with big dogs & I found out that ...

- Big dogs are harder (if not nearly impossible) to handle in an accident.

- Big dogs eat big.

- Big dogs poop big.

- Big dogs = big vet bills.

- Big dogs = big equipment (dog houses, crates, tie outs, kennels, etc.)

- And last but not least, a small dog can do anything a big dog can do & oftentimes they do it better! :)

17. madboy

madboy Big Dog

What the hell.........26lb:eek:.........sounds like a "paterpit":D or "pitpater":rolleyes:
    Never met a bitch that small.:D

18. phill

phill Top Dog

i agree smaller less feed as far as handling it's not much easier i have one slightlly larger than the other three all are the same handleing the small ones i would say are lightning fast

19. luge

luge Big Dog

I know nearly everyone on here prefers smaller bulldogs but i prefer bigger ones (within the limits) Big as in longer legged and lean not 'bully' big, like buck or zebo etc. For no real reason other than prefence, maybe because im long legged and lanky LOL! And the way i see it if i wanted a compact game dog i would for sure get a PROPERLY bred staffordshire bull terrier ;)

20. gneus7

gneus7 Pup

Big.
    I love big dogs.
    People are more scared of them(guard dog).
    Plus I had a Pitbull x Dogue de Bourdeux & it was by far the best dog, in every way, I've ever seen let alone been lucky enough to own.