1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What vaccinations

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by simpson, Nov 20, 2009.

1. simpson

simpson Big Dog

........does a catch dog need for wild hogs?

2. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

:)rabies and worming:D

3. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

The basics like parvo, leptospirosis, diptheria, etc that are in the common 7in1 canine vaccines plus rabies vaccine of course

4. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Brucellosis?

5. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

The type of brucellosis which infects dogs is species specific meaning can be spread only from canid to canid usually sexually

6. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Very cool, Thank you:D

7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Just give him the usual round of shots, And maybe depending on your area you might want to try that rattlesnake shot.

Also be sure and keep him on a good flea and tick preventive and he should be good to go.

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

just heard they have a 3 yr rabies vac now.

If your dog gets its shots for the first time, booster, Rabies the whole sha-bam. and gets rabies vac following year on time-ish if you can. They are good for 3 yrs my vet told me . he said it was cheaper if you have a larger yard of dogs, hounds or A.P.B.T.'s Whatever your breed of choice!

Food for thought anyway!;)

:confused:*** The "7 in 1" is that the best they have to date, for an all in one combo vac.?:confused:

9. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Yes, my dog got the 3 year rabie shot. Your vet is correct:) I'm gonna ask my vet about the 7 in one.

10. peppapig

peppapig Banned

does anyone ever bother with boosters??:confused:

11. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

I do. My dog is going for his booster next week:)

12. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

i do all my boosters on time, i have a chart for every dog.

13. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Have to keep your shots all up to date in my opinion, Otherwise you run the risk of not having the full protection of the vaccine.