1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What the fuck is this world coming too?????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Saiyagin, May 24, 2016.

1. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

Could this hero of the American revolution be any clearer???

2. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

As for our first president George Washington, he was very private about his beliefs, but Jefferson wrote in 1800 that"Gouverneur Morris had often told me that General Washington believed no more of that system (Christianity) than did he himself" and historian Barry Schwartz writes that "George Washington's practice of Christianity was limited and superficial because he was not himself a Christian... He repeatedly declined the church's sacraments. Never did he take communion, and when his wife, Martha, did, he waited for her outside the sanctuary... Even on his deathbed, Washington asked for no ritual, uttered no prayer to Christ, and expressed no wish to be attended by His representative."

3. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

The U.S. Constitution is a secular document, containing no mention of “God” or “Christianity.” And when Thomas Jefferson mentions “Nature’s God,” “Creator,” and “Divine Providence” in the Declaration of Independence, they are not endorsements of Christianity or any other religion. We know this because Jefferson was a Deist, opposed to orthodox Christianity and other superstitions. (see his quotes above) So it looks like the answer is clear: Our country's founding fathers did not want us to be a Christian Nation!

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol! But what are we ?

reddirt redneck likes this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

. Sing it with me Pickle!

6. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog

I must admit mrpickles that I had never read the "Treaty of Tripoli" until today. The original treaty was written by and in Arabic and has nothing to do with Christianity in this country or Separation of Church and State for that matter. It seems to be a pirate treaty the way I read it. Can you enlighten me as to why you referenced it as a source for your beliefs.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/bar1796t.asp

7. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

ARTICLE 11.
    As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

8. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

The Treaty of Tripoli (Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary) was the first treaty concluded between the United States and Tripolitania, signed at Tripoli on November 4, 1796, and atAlgiers (for a third-party witness) on January 3, 1797. It was submitted to the Senate by President John Adams, receiving ratificationunanimously from the U.S. Senate on June 7, 1797, and signed by Adams, taking effect as the law of the land on June 10, 1797.

9. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

Whatever you want to be...be a butterfly if you so wish lmao

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Why do we and why have we always protected Israel ? Someone forgot to tell the kid In Orlando that killed 49 that the USA isn't at war with his people.

11. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

What is it you're arguing?That America is a Christian Nation?if you are then yes...Doesn't change the facts that it wasn't founded as one lol

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

All all this kid had to do was read the Treaty of Tripoli and we could have saved 49 Americans!

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol,I suppose I can call a truce on that

14. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

image.jpeg

15. patjr

patjr Top Dog

Huh????...I didn't see any connection with Israel as being a PART of the problem.....

....scaremongering wins votes....lol.

16. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

So, year of THE LORD doesnt mean GOD, odd that one would think it would mean a king, seeing as that is what we just kicked out....

Attached Files:

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

It ain't rocket science boys and gals!

19. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

“I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state.”
    ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to the Baptists of Danbury, Connecticut, 1802

20. mrpickles

mrpickles Pup

Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by a difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought to be deprecated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society.”
    ~Founding Father George Washington, letter to Edward Newenham, October 20, 1792