1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What stud(bloodline) would you pick for this female

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by elifan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. elifan

elifan Big Dog

2. Can't see the ped

3. thall28

thall28 Big Dog

4. Your name says it all Elifan..............jmo

5. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Don't back her to anything if you have to ask others opinions.....

6. Deuce

Deuce Big Dog

7. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

U have the dog u should know what ur looking to put into ur breeding program if u don't know don't breed yet.

8. elifan

elifan Big Dog

9. elifan

elifan Big Dog

I was wondering what line other people would lean towards on how she is bred,she's a good dog thats not the issue,I dont want to end up with a scatter bred litter

10. Like the bottom of the bitch. Take her back to a son of Big Red.

11. versatile

versatile Big Dog

another paper breeder. you breed for what your dog is lacking.

12. elifan

elifan Big Dog

Thanks thats some good advice

13. versatile

versatile Big Dog

i guess some breed to preserve the lineage (colby). i just think each generation should try to produce a better dog.

14. Was that comment for me?

15. versatile

versatile Big Dog

no it was for the person trying to decide what dog to breed to and i didn't mean any offense by it. i guess i can't look at a ped and see a good mating. i have to actually watch the dog.

16. elifan

elifan Big Dog

I dont consider my self a breeder,just wanted to know which avenue to look into and i agree trying to breed to better each generation

17. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Id say find a Nice Blackjack type stud

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Some quality redboy

19. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

Well said. No person that actually understands these dogs and is successful can tell u what to bred her to based on ped. Every person likes and looks for something different, so you need to analize her and the stud and ask urself will these 2 dogs produce the style of working dog that's suits me? That the difference between fanciers who produce high % consistant stock and those who produce sub-par , low % litters.

20. elifan

elifan Big Dog

I agree thanks for the good advice