1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what is a papered dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dream Pits, Nov 21, 2013.

1. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

If you have handwritten papers showing a dogs pedigree what the hell can the adba give you that you don't already have ? You send those hand written papers in to single register a dog they are going to send you back another set of papers with the same info you sent into them you are paying 35.00 for a second set of papers with a registries name on it nothing else it seems silly as fuck to think adba papers are more superior to hand written pedigrees because according to some a dog can only be papered if you pay the adba 35.00 to tell you so lmao...

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Absofuckinlutely^^^^^

3. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

It seems silly tdk this whole I need papers from a registry for my dog to be considered papered lol ... The adba will register anything for money they have no more info than what I give them or what I send them ... These registries are a business they are making money off of you and the joke is they are not giving you anything else you don't already know about your own dogs lol... I agree with everything you are saying TDK a piece of paper is a piece of paper regardless of who's name is on it.

4. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

PAPERS ARE VERIFICATION OF BREEDING AND PROVE THE HERITAGE OF THIS NOBLE BREED....WITHOUT THEM SHOWING AND BREEDING ARE VERY HARD At ACCREDITED SHOWS. WOULD YOU BUY A CAR WITHOUT A REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS. FOLKS SHOULD KEEP THEIR DOGS BREEDING STRAIGHT AND REGISTRIES ARE AN EFFICIENT AND COST EFFECTIVE WAY OF STORING VITAL RECORDS.

Now that being said..... A dogman that's checked the oil of his charge, arranged a venue, agreed a ref, handed over the stake money aint fretting about the parentage of the pooch. Hes got more pressing things on his mind.

But if your one of the vast hoards that meticulously worry about the pedigree of your yard and newest litter....well enough said.

Lets not kid ourselves, the amount of CHs & gr CHs you want stacked in that pretty little peice of paper is comical,lol. But not having ever seen the raw talent will only ever lead to disappointment. That's why we have all these rumour mill stories coming out and breeders scratching their heads instead of their dogs.

YIS

5. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

For some reason, so many opt for the "officiousness" of a parchment, seal of approval, over the truth if it's written on something other. Hand me a piece of gold slate with bullshit etched into it, and a scroll of toilet tissue with the truth written on it, and I'll consider my dog having viable paperwork which denote how it's REALLY bred by taking the toilet paper.
    If you endear the TRUTH no matter what it's written on more than the officious piece of parchment with BS on it, or......think that parchment and the truth are in any way congruous with each other, you are sorely mistaken.
    I would consider my dogs papered if that paper held the truth. Doesn't matter what it's made of. Hell, I can always transfer the truth to better wood pulp. LOL It's all in the sentiment of the one who has the dog(s). Nothing else matters.
    "Papered", to me, means the true representation of how a dog is bred. What could it possibly matter as to the texture of the paper that truth is on?

7. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

You really can't have much faith in paper work from the ADBA now a days anyways,...and I'll give you my first hand experience example why!

Years back we had an accidental breeding with a 12 month old gyp on our yard whom escaped her dog run very late in her heat when we were our of town for the day, & she ran around freely with males on chains that ranged from mostly Termite dogs, Eli dogs, Stonewall dogs ect....well she ended up dropping 2 pups, 1 male, & 1 female n the male pup died.
    Now I knew a guy in Ohio whom wanted this female pup who's father was unknown to raise up, & use n do right by her, & he accepted her with no papers n father being unknown so I let him have her as a farm out! Well later he some how got paper work from both AADR, & ADBA stating that the dog was bred like this, & he sold that dog to a good friend of his in Ohio!
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [281902] :: SECOND 2 NONE'S CUDA

Ok now yes Suki was the pups mom, but she was never bred to Wandelei....like I stated before the father of the pup was UNKNOWN, & I raised n owned Wanderlei, & Suki whom did not work out for me, & were unworthy of breeding, they also never left our yard just like other littermates of theirs whom I had for which ONLY 1 earned his right to breed, & I still have him to this very day!!!
    Ok now I contacted AADR, & contested the paperwork n they respectfully revoked it...but the ADBA would not revoke it or discuss the matter with me since I had never sent paper work in or registered Wanderlei, & Suki with them, therefore in their eyes I was not the owner of those dogs that I had raised since pups, & that never left our yard!

Just a little food for thought for those whom do believe in ADBA pretty paper work...I argued with the guy whom purchased the gyp from his shady friend till I was blue in the face, but to him he has ADBA papers stating that the dog is bred that way so that is what he beleives, & trusts in is his ADBA "papers" !

8. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

It's not about just you and your dogs; it's about record-keeping that EVERYONE has access to.
    A good registry keeps the records so that others have access to pedigrees from time long gone by.

It's not that the registry papers are "superior". It's a way of -- if you want -- to place your dog in some kind of history that can be accessed/kept track of in the future.

When I think of a hand-written pedigree, I think of a neat thing given to you by a breeder and that's as far as it goes. Kept privately and lost to the future.

As for the usage of "papers", it IS used today and mostly in the context of registration with a registry; not just papers/pedigree you get from a breeder, to go no farther.

To have a "papered" dog of course is no indication of quality, but that is not what a registry (a record-keeping business) is all about.

Tiznow

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Just wait till they start talking rico act and adba there first stop. They going to sell folks up the river.

10. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

I guess those that have something to worry about will not use a registry. No problem.

ANY pedigree is suspect, when you think about it. People can do what they want and it's up to *me* to judge pedigrees (no matter who they are from or what they are written on), accomplishments, individuals, registries, etc.

When used with integrity by the individuals which participate in a registry, it is a valuable thing.

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I am impressed..lol i never thought thus thread would have went 3 pages.

12. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Still waiting for someone to answer.

13. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

GR CH 35's breeding was unknown. You may want to search out my post and write-up on the dog on the forum. It's detailed there, Rev.

14. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Na just trying to prove a point T.according to some hes papered cause hes in the registry

15. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I vote no just because his breeding is unknown.

16. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

And his pedigree in that registry is "unknown x unknown"? (I don't know..)

If so, I don't have a problem with that, if "unknown x unknown" IS the pedigree!

It's up to individuals like me to decide what to do with that. If I see the dog in other peds, I know how to judge/what to do with it.

17. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

And its good that its been an respectful thread...with honest views, & no arguing!

18. JayW

JayW Big Dog

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. Performance indicates what the animal actually is" ~ Anonymous

The paper.... official or otherwise... is only as good as a mans word, and the dog will be what it is with or with out it. Some people need it....and that's cool. But a papered dog is just a dog... I put more faith in the handshake I give the man when I take a dog than I do a piece of paper. Most, (if not ALL) of our dogs have question marks somewhere in their background.

19. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

I hear what your saying on how it can be a valuable thing...but sadly how many people in this dog world have "integrity" very very few if you think about it in integrity %'s compared to the number of people that have dogs, & register "paper" their dogs?!

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Perfect post and I agree 100% like I said before all I wanted to know was what it meant. I knew it'd be almost impossible to keep a board for of people who own working dogs on topic bc there isn't much value in papers in the woods. Still we were merely talking about the definition of the term.