1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what is a papered dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dream Pits, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I agree 100% but ur not answering the question

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

By all breeders. Due to the nature of our breed a lot of people shy away from registering dogs which is understandable but it doesn't changed the fact that an unregistered animal is an unpapered animal.

3. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

All papered dogs are just dogs who have known pedigrees their family charts of ancestors are printed or written on a piece of paper that's it wether it's filed with a registry or kept on file by a breeder you do realize that registries still accept hand written pedigrees? Go to the UKC, ADBA websites they accept them for single registration. Your stuck on the word papered being the same as registered both have different definitions look them up In the dictionary.

4. a paper dog is a dog being bred off papers alone like boomer dogs or them boogieman dogs all bred for papers an not for the [ ] cant nobody say there not along with the earl jr dogs an alot of others dogs also jmo take it for what it worth hope this helps

youngboyzinc

5. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I still dont know WTF your talking about LOL, but let me give it one last shot.

The terminologies are wrong. A piece of paper is a frickin piece of paper with a dogs lineage on it called a pedigree.

A Registered dog belongs to some sort of REGISTRY.

You see the correct terminology should be is your dog REGISTERED and or what Registry is the dog from.

Your question should of been whats the difference between a REGISTERED dog and a NON REGISTERED dog?

Basically there is no difference except for the fact that one dog is REGISTERED and one dog is NOT REGISTERED as they both come with a (Piece of PAPER) Pedigree.

Get it? If not Im done LOL

6. Rudy4evr

Rudy4evr Pup

Finally straightened that out LOLOLOLOL

7. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

A registery is just a way off some body makeing money by chargeing you for info;you all-ready/or should know.....esp;..about your own dogs....in saying all that they can be handy if ya don't like writeing out those peds or an easy way of keeping an eye on what ur doing.......

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Blue And Saiy that's the same thing I have been saying since yesterday Good posts.

9. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

Saw that sadie....were all saying the same......think some like the nice peds to hang on the walls,,and some are done good......and look well in a frame......to each,,, there own.....,,,

10. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

When I buy a dog it depends on what I'm using it for if I wanted to show a dog I don't ask the breeder if the dog is papered lol I ask if the dog is registered and if so what registry! If the dog is not registered I asked for verification of the pedigree/linage a hand written pedigree is sufficient the dogs linage is on paper making it papered it's just not registered with any registry. Registered and Papers/Papered are not the same thing a papered dog has a pedigree a registered dog has a pedigree on file with a registry.

11. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I'd be amazed how somebody could be confused at this point as I believe it's been explained numerous times very good.

12. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

I get what both you, & Dream are saying, its just you both have 2 different ways of looking at it "to each his or her own"...but to most out there when you say you have papered dogs they take that as being registered paperwork that's coming from a common known registry like the ADBA!

Shit I myself stopped sending in paperwork years ago, & I have 13 year old dogs in my back yard that earned their right to breed, & to be registered but I still have their signed registration "papers" from the breeder tucked away in a desk drawer that I've never sent in...I'm perfectly fine with just knowing for myself what I have, & I know many others that are the same way, but then I know others that do the registered paperwork thing due to the fact that they sell dogs, & its easier for them to not just sell the dog, but to also sell it for more money if it is registry "papered", then I also know folks that don't breed, & sell dogs but desire registry "papers" due to the fact that they take pride in what they have, & may also take their dogs to conformation shows both local, & out of their home state...also know of a certain dogman in Italy that will, & has flown himself, & his dogs to the USA just for a conformation show!

So to sum it all up to some people "papers" isn't any different than toilet or smoking paper, but to others its their holy grail, pride, & proof..."to each his or her own"!

13. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

I agree. Registries keep track of the papers/pedigree for ALL to have access to and use for breedings/research, etc. It's a way of keeping track of history of a breed. A good registry is a good record-keeping facility.

Handwritten pedigrees are cool, but not accessible.

Tiznow

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

each i bought from don with handwritten ped .
    my first generation adba ..the rest ped online ....
    last year one adba ..was for demotivade a peddler ..who was changing/trying to change the ped lol

15. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I suppose the question is to ask for definition, not need or value. In that case, I'd say most consider a papered dog as one who has parchment from some registry. It's common that any dogger who's been in these dogs more than a minute understands the uselessness of parchment as verification on a dogs correct breeding. Dream, yours are not papered, Sadie sees no value in them, and neither do I. Not as it applies to TRUTH. It's money spent for naught IMO. And as I've said a million times, I can't see sending anyone a wad of money to send me back something I ALREADY KNOW.
    But if it's "definition" dream is looking for, then to most, it means the parchment. Is that all the question is about, Dream? If so, I guess it's common sentiment and you answered it yourself well enough.

16. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Well I have a dog.I have his adba paperwork signed by the breeder but I never sent it in and prob never will.my point is is he not papered?cause I got his paperwork.to me papered means a dog with a known lineage for whom you can obtain paperwork to verify supposed lineage.Registering a dog makes him a registered dog.dog already got PAPERS.not being registered cant take that away.

17. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

By the way is gr ch 35 papered?

18. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Amen .... Lol it seems really easy to understand I'm not sure why people don't see it that way ... unregistered dogs can still have papers if the breeder has a pedigree on the dog hand written pedigrees constitute as papers lol...

19. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I agree. ^^^^ And as I said, that worthless parchment seems to be what most consider "papered" although, does it matter what type paper it is more than it matters what your trust in the maker of those papers is? If you put your belief in what someone wrote in truth, then you believe in the truth on that piece of paper. What's the difference but that most of us love something sealed and so-called official. Unfortunately, those who seal and put it on parchment know less than the one who hand wrote it out for you.

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Definition means to be defined. Lots of things are defined, yet are speculative, incorrect, out of context or just plain errant. I find that by popular sentiment, the parchment is the definition. Adverse to that popularity, I believe the more meaningful definition is what Sadie refers to.