1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what is a cold dog

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by hammer head, Nov 12, 2010.

1. I was compelled to call a spade a spade

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

and how do you know this other than heresay? some ppl on here know what went on better than anyone and sometimes its good to stop tryin to be a teacher and listen to information that is being given to you

3. Boze

Boze Top Dog

first off he did not hate crenshaw. not only that he respected him if he did not why in the hell would he endorse so many of crenshaws dogs in his magazine. they just didnt see eye to eye. and every dog on that list are the dogs that everyone and their mother mentions when they talk about famous curs. and that list of dogs were utilized by more people than crenshaw. so Historic info all you got for info is a bunch of hearsay. also none of the dogs you mentioned were ever utilized to start bloodlines and also every one of those dogs could have been retired after five and would have been touted as some of the best dogs to look through a collar so again you ain got nothing but a bunch of weak ass arguments.

4. Remember you don't know who I am and thats not accident. I could blow up my chest and try to impress people I don't even know and mention conformationally 1 grand champion, 11 champions and 2 ROM's w/ no losses between those 14 head in less than 10 yrs. never feeding more than 20 head at a time. Or 5 other champions that were all lowered to a better athletic weight so their owners could conformationally champion them but, nope I won't do it whats the point of that? I'm not here to impress anyone, don't care who thinks what about me. Lets not make my post bigger than it was I only typed one word and listed 6 dogs or so.........just as innocently as the first batch were mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  5. If it wasn't pop shots at the man, I can accept that. I have no personal issue with you. Theres a post here about the winningest ever and I had ya on the list of 4............Rebel/STP You never was a chior boy though and a smidge of a bs'er

6. This was the reply I mentioned...........It was done yesterday

Who is the winningest dogman ever?

Historic-Info.

STP over Rebel knls only due to Ricky's early departure. If you take the 5 year span both were doing their thing The Rebel was the winningest followed by STP historicly speaking.
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_QuickEdit", "9627", 'GroupMessage'); //--> </SCRIPT>

7. drz

drz Big Dog

Re: famous cur dogs

But none of this speaks to the issue. A cur is a dog that quits. It doesn't mean they can't win in the future and it doesn't mean they can't produce great. It doesn't mean that you can't love them. It just means the dog quit! I have no idea why people think it's insult unless they have one that is called a cur when it wasn't.

It's funny that people are on here trying to change the definition.

8. preme

preme CH Dog

Nice thread ..................

9. garywhite

garywhite Pup

naustrams right i agree lets get along

10. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

a true cold dog is one that isnt scared but doesnt really get the fire started hence cold

11. john396

john396 Pup

I had a cold dog . I keep him for 4yrs before he started hunting and catching hogs.But when he did start He out class all the hog.He had the hardest mouth and very deep game. He was one of the best if not best dog i ever seen. I kept him for them 4yrs cause he never started and never quit. He live until he was 10 before he pass. Great dog he was. I will pay some good money for another him.

12. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

my mom talked with ronnie l. over the holidays....said all is well...just like people do....lived beside mrs. may and mike/carol back in the day...like we said before....small world....
    back to the thread...give a defintiion of the dog that will not scratch..never did...never would...but if one would come across they were stopped....destroyed...freak mouth...incredible ability....a ton of brains...but just no interest in going across...that was from the beginning to the end...never once took a step...just held the proverbial 'can of whoop-ass' on her side..and gave it away with her tail waggin'..fed her for 7 years til she passed....US1

13. RRL

RRL Top Dog

I was using a search for what a "cold"" dog was and got to this thread.I find this post here really interesting if it is true.Does a cold dog just enjoy pain? Why did the old timers consider a cold dog as close to dead game?

14. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

i dont think any dog enjoys pain, dont think game dogs are any different. But game dogs love combat more. Most will negate the amount of damage by playing offence. A slick ear dog will can win on defense. But a cold dog is neither......will get trashed and scratch back and repeat. It will not open its mouth tell alone scream.....but will engage its opponent willingly and repeatedly.

They oldtymers knew the value of a true cold dog.

YIS

15. RRL

RRL Top Dog

What do you think the reason is that a dog would be have been cold,and why was it seen as being connected to being close to a dead game dog?

16. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

hammer head They oldtymers knew the value of a true cold dog.

Know of a couple of old timers that bred such cold dogs that produced very well. That was years ago when you could find out what you had.

17. robbie70

robbie70 Pup

Re: famous cur dogs

No your the fool they all quit be surprised when they don't quit ain't that the saying