1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Marinepits, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

I heard this question asked recently and was wondering what your take is on the situation:

"Should pet bulls be adopted out to a family in pairs or as single pets? Does it make a good or bad difference if the dogs are siblings?"

I know some on this board believe that pet bulls and APBTs shouldn't even be adopted to the general public in the first place and, after some of what I've read and heard about lately, I'm starting to agree with that. But, I'd like to know your opinions on the above questions. Thanks!!!

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

For the most part, people should not have more than one dog in the house if said dog is of a dog-aggressive breed (read APBT, Amstaff, SBT, etc). Siblings does not matter, dont dont care if they are related to eachother.

With this being said. Some houses can properly care for multiple dog-aggressive breeds at once. However, the majority cant and its asking for a problem to assume everyone can. Only educated, responsible people of the breed should even attempt to house more than one full-grown APBT. Not all of them will fight, but the majority will.

3. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

Thanks, 14rock!

4. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I think they should be adopted out alone. IF they seem to be good with other dogs and people take them into multi-dog homes, the owners need to be aware of possible fights, and know how to PROPERLY (NOT poring water on them, beating them, etc) seperate them if this should happen. Also, should you have more than one inside dog, play time needs to be supervised, and they need seperate crates to be in while you arent home.

I have 2 gamedog bred littermates inside, they are crated seperatley and dont come into contact w/the other anymore as they are starting to turn on. I think they would still "play" with the other, but im not willing to chance it.

the BF's mother has a bellymate sister to one of my males, she keeps her in the SAME crate w/a petbull that we gave her a few years ago. Now, the gamebred bitch hasnt done anything, BUT i think this is because push hasnt came to shove. I've told her numerous times that they need to be seperate, but she doesnt listen. I can only hope she doesnt come home to a dead dog one day. We are actually going to spend the time and $$ to build her a good kennel set up for them so they can be apart from each other.

5. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

Thank you!

6. rpk

rpk Big Dog

apbts should preferably be adopted alone. If they must go in pairs, they better be of different genders or else you will have a time bomb waiting to go off and it will at the worst time.

7. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

Good advice! Thanks.

8. rpk

rpk Big Dog

My deepest condolencies. RIP.