1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this dog??

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by gh32, Feb 20, 2009.

1. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

2. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

How can someone base an opinion on a animal that they have never seen?.Simply by looking at his pedigree?.

Someone that would give advise on "how to breed" a dog, soley by looking at his pedigree, is someone who you should steer clear of..A honest dogman doesnt care about a dogs' pedigree (to a point) until he has proven himself worthy of being bred..

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I wasn't asking if I should breed him or not.I wasn't coming on here to try and sell puppies.As I said he is pleasing me 110% as that's all I care about.I was just bored and on the computer and asked a ?Just on here shooting the bull about dogs.That's what this place is for right.Kind of like a new parent showing his kid's pictures,and I've seen some ugly pictures.lol.Anyway,I agree peds don't mean everything but it does serve as a genetic foundation for the animal 's makeup.A good ped doesn't make a good dog but good luck getting a good dog bred from crap also.It works both ways.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  4. Can we see a pic? :)

5. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I wished I had one.I tried posting a pic of a dog on here awhile back and couldn't.Said it was to big or something,I'm really awful with computers.I tried to take a pic of him the other day when the snow was on[I seen him standing out there and thought it would make a good pic with a black dog on the snow]anyway he wouldn't hold still once I came out to take it.Just got a bunch of pics of a black blurry dog,so I'll try when I have someone to take it while I hold him.

6. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

The "how to breed" comment wasnt directed at you, it was more of a general statement..I probably should have made that a little more clear..Sorry about that..

Yes this is the place to shoot the breeze about dogs, but just dont get tight, if you ask for opinions and dont get the kind of response that you would like to hear..:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

No big deal.I was bored and had nothing to do so I asked.As far as a dog goes if he keeps acting like he has so far I am very,very happy.Now if I was going to ask a breeding question it would be how it might click when bred to a good chinaman female later on,and wether to go Frisco or Earl Jr. with it.That's questions I've toyed with myself but just haven't asked.He's acting good enough so far I will most likely breed him in the future since it's cheaper to breed your own dogs instead of buying them.

8. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

I regard hammonds as a very good dogman, I don't know him personally myself but know others that do, and all have said he's a stand up guy, with that being said, what ever is bred by him, is a well bred dog. I like the pedigree, I bet he's ugly as sin (don't take that in a bad way) but I would feed him. Hammonds dog are a high % line of good dogs. I don't own any myself but know folks that do and swear by em. Best of luck with your dog.

As far as what to take him too if he makes the grade. I'd look at a Eli dog of some sorts, a loose Frisco gyp with an out to Eli would be nice to ponder on.

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I've talked with Mr.Hammonds several times over the phone and as far as I'm concerned he's a class act.Honest as the day is long.

10. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

as far as breeding at some stage, why wouldnt you go back to mr. Hammonds ?

other than that i could not comment, i have not seen your dog, good luck with him.

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog