1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what do you do

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by rockey, Oct 15, 2011.

1. rockey

rockey Big Dog

we wanted to champ our females before breeding we have a male from the east coast coming her to stay no rush with anything. we were able to get ahold of a dog from another country to visit with his owner for the holiday ,, our prolbem 1, of our females had a litter of 3 last heat she'll be in heat like tomorow we were saving her for a stud we been wanting for 2 years in spring and been told we can use him ,,,, our other female who is due to breed will be real close in points to champ out but might not be in the time gap the dog and owner will be gooing back to mexico after thanksgiving ,, ( 1 ) do you breed the female who had 3 pups last heat that you want to breed in spring or (2 ) count on the other one gooing into heat in the time frame ,,, or ( 3 ) just pay the transport fee and try yourself to go to mex breed your bitch and get back in 1 piece ( or 4 ) frozen witch we probally can't aford or have the pacience to do ????

2. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I would say breed the bitch that is in heat now. No telling what will happen in the future especially if you are dealing with dogs and people in foreign countries. More likely than not, the opportunity will be missed otherwise. good luck.

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

agreed, i'd say take the sure thing

4. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Take the opportunity when you have it or more than likely miss out.

5. rockey

rockey Big Dog

me to no they'll never get another chance it's from a real deal daughter of his dog that passed he tried many years to breed her again to no sucess and wants it again real bad

6. rockey

rockey Big Dog

it's only costin $450.00 round trip for dog tickets same price for people to

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

dont send dogs it mexico, especially yours

8. rockey

rockey Big Dog

the guy is comeing here with the dog to visit his family through thanksgiving when 1 if not both schould be in heat and 1 is real close almost over due

9. rockey

rockey Big Dog

he gave a girl at work a pup 5 years ago it ended up way way way down soulth and is in perfect condition he is a house dog

10. rockey

rockey Big Dog

a 12 year old dog that only had a few litters just came in heat by chance the mother to our tall long muzzeled dog adba grand champ gripper they told me so i guess they want to use one of our studs schould we use our champ or his soon to be champ 3/4 brother the dog from down soulth the one from the east or try and get the dog we wanted to use in the spring ,, the dog from down soulth probally beacause the top end isn't ours would be their last pick ... some opinions PLEASE ??

11. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

I would'nt plan on forming a final decision based upon the input of the users of this forum. Most things in life are a gamble anyway. Either way you go is better than no pups at all.

How does the one male produce? how does the other? How does your female produce? Take all of this into consideration because high percentages is what counts in the long run. No matter the title of the dog, I'd go with the one that could out produce the other, becuase in the obvious situation before you, you're trying to get pups. Alot of people say that breeding title to title is the way to go, but usually those people are selling dogs. Its all about producing power. Whats the point of titles if you cant reproduce them?

Either way, never send your bitch off. Unless its someone you can trust your family/life with. If its your dog, then YOU should be the one there to breed her.

It'll always be a gamble, but go with your gut.

12. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

100 % agree with this post!
    Never and I repeat never trust anybody besides yourself and your family anyways, especially not if it comes to dogs!
    Next thing is only breed best to best doesn´t mean titles!!!!!!
    Breed to the dogs that resample the traits of the line you´ve choosen the best!
    And most of all listen to your stomach!!!!!!!
    Believe me, most of the times you have a certain feeling if you do things or decide to make a breeding!
    I remember talking with a breeder the possibilities of a breeding over and over and over and over discussing this dog and that dog at a friends house.
    I always had a certain feeling during that discussion and then I said look at that male that is sitting right in front of you..... Don´t you know his ped, don´t you know about his quality, he´s bred down from your stock and belongs to our friend........
    They have been literally stunned as they did totally overlooked him.
    We did compare the peds, the pro and con of the male aswell as the female and finally we did this breeding and guess what we all had a good feeling and the pups did turn out as expected!
    It´s a gamble, it´s intuition and it´s knowing your stock!
    Sound simple but it isn´t! Far away from it but if it all would be that easy we all would be top breeders!

13. rockey

rockey Big Dog

i agree the female isn't his but we been working with them for many years you'd s--t if he lets me post the bitches ped and the is a product of best x best breeding and her daughter that we produced 3 years ago nothing to bought at all it blends great with our 100 % dogs the dog from down soulth has garners frisco in the 3rd twice on the top the bottom forgetaboutit it's been standing on it's own for a long time ,, the big reason i need to breed that male is the bitch that made him would never have pups again from 4 on i kept her till she was 10 ,, i agree with your last sentence big time

14. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

I see......
    So if you have trust, well try it but always stay skeptical......
    Had a deal recently with a kennel I helped out pretty much, time, money,managing stud dogs etc. etc........
    They send me a dog that was sick and collapsed in short order a couple of times within two weeks.
    As I brought him back and told them that I´m not their Junkyard for dying dogs we had a bad fallout even after years of working together!
    Anyways they replaced this one with a free pup (pick of the litter) but it still leaves a bad taste, you know.........

So if you are confident, go ahead and do what you feel would be the best thing!

As for me I wish you all the best because I love if good ones hitting the ground!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted if you want to!

15. rockey

rockey Big Dog

the thing is they gota use the dog with some frisco in him on something soon he'll be here saturday but gripper schould be bred to 1 of our pure ones or the eastcoast dog witch they have no time right now to go get ,, he gave me permision to post the ped of the old girl http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=357598,, thats right a real special bitch !! the east coast dog with bandit in the second is the one we'll have to make time then we'll have to bring one of thoes future pups to georgia to stay been along time since something like that's called that part of the country home i think not many if any at all with lucifer x prance up close mixed with ours ,,, as far as garner put any dog with the same percentage your taking ours home no matter what ,, and it's the garner with abnerthays molly mixed in i'll have to use it on my pure stock

16. rockey

rockey Big Dog

it's down to our champ or the one who did well in georgia along with 1 other but i think we are at the top of the list with our 2

17. rockey

rockey Big Dog

i didn't see the other

18. rockey

rockey Big Dog

if it's the 1 that did good in georgia it would be close as you can get to a repeat breeding using the same lines but reversing the top and bottom ,, i ask ? for the 2 guys here so what we feel we're posting good enough and propper things don't know why so few responces and can't understand pulling my threads off the board do you not want me to post peds ? ohh well f it gonna go find game-dog scrath the line poem to start my day by

19. rockey

rockey Big Dog

UNKNOWN yeah right

20. rockey

rockey Big Dog

we're not mad about it i guess it means people are looking out for the guys but at least 1 of them has had the yard set up or boobie traped for almost 2 years now anyone is invited to try and take something from here . mad about not getting the responds they think they would get possibally means you guys don't want everyone to know what they have helping them keep it safe ,, they thank you now pull this thread down so we can all be happy .