1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What do you all think about Boston Terriers?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Sabrina, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Just curious what you all think of Bostons. :dogtongue:
    Do you like/dislike them?
    Why?

2. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

I think they are cool little dogs, havent been around many but a friend had two and they were maniacs, i was working inside his house once and they had these mini tug ropes and toys and they pretty much followed me around showing off scrapping and tugging the rope against each other, had an awesome temp, i would def consider one as a house dog if i didnt think bulldogs were such good house dogs.
    a stupid looking face with the mini body of a bulldog.

3. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

Great house dogs and very obedient.

Smartest dog I've ever owned is a Boston Terrier. :)

4. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Thanks for the answers guys. :D
    I haven't known many, but the ones I've met are just as you describe them junkyard.

I really want to adopt one. :)

5. dogmangee

dogmangee Banned

heard they use to game in the 1800 the cross them will pits and other terriers to get game dogs

6. Crazy little dogs. But they're hilarious. The man thing was talking about getting one before I got my Rottie. But the last thing I need is to take care of 2 of "his" dogs. One's enough. lol

Definitely thinking about one in the future. Maybe when this god forsaken cat runs off, or when Lucy finally listens to me and eats it, I'll get one.

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

I also fall into the category of people who own cats but don't even like them. Haha

8. Blau

Blau Big Dog

I forget if it was you who posted a thing about them on PBC, I saw a video of some sort of working-type Bostons and they were really cool. If I could find a breeder of that type, I'd definitely get one!

9. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

I really like bostons, my father bred them when I was younger and they were great dogs, never had too many health concerns, always GREAT temperament and were fun as hell to be around. I will say that they arent for the lazy though, kind of like jrt's...always running in circles. They're are some who still run the original Olde Boston Bulldogge, a slight bit larger than the bostons of today...more to the original standard, like these for example-[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvAt7gpuW8[/ame]. We'll prolly have one around here not too long from now

10. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

That's cool CaeserIris, you must have a real good feel for the breed then, hey?

Yep that was probably me. :D I remember you from PBC, haha!

Oh yeah I also posted the Siam Bull on there once, you'd like those I bet. :)

11. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

I have never really thought about Boston Terriers. I'll have to do some research on them now. I've always though they were like Pugs or something. Just sitting around farting and breathing.

12. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

I used to think that too. I really don't like pugs much at all but all the bostons I've met were like apbts in a little ugly package. Hahahaha

13. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

there brilliant little things i had a buddies who used to get over a 6 ft fence still not sure how he did it haha i think there kinda ugly though

14. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

they kick ass!

15. todd

todd Pup

we have a boston terrier mixed with rat terrier and she is a great little dog might weigh 5 pounds and will work a spring pole with the best of them

16. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

yeah, I think they call that a Brat; only designer dog I'd ever be caught dead with. The guy across the street has that same cross and he's a mean little fucker LOL

17. todd

todd Pup

yeah she is mean too. just a little freak lol

18. Sabrina

Sabrina Big Dog

Haha Boston Rat cross, how adorable! (In an ugly sort of way hahaha)
    Seriously though sounds awesome.

A Boston over 6 foot fence!? :eek: Thats amazing!

19. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

here are a couple of mine. Any one else got pics of their Bostons?

[​IMG]

20. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

here's my house dog jumping for a hide last winter. She's 13" tall, and the board on the tree is 7ft.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010