1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What color Are they going to be?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TopBox, Aug 5, 2012.

1. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

[​IMG] Hard pic to get.... Color seams browner in the picture than in person.

2. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Well said.

3. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Hey I agree on that but Hollingsworth was not the only one who culled based on color there were many of them who wouldn't give a blue dog the time of day lol... And then some didn't like red dogs. I agree with you StosMan 100% to cull a dog based on color is ignorant. Let the dogs performance speak for itself color doesn't mean shit and has no bearing on performance.

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yep see!

Look here .. Here is my bogart when he was first born

[​IMG]

Hell they were all dark but here is at 9 weeks old
    [​IMG]

See how red he got just in a few weeks since birth? His color was way different when he was first born.

5. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Thats amazing SadieBlues... i would have never guessed that pup to turn out red like that!!

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yeah it's weird how pups go through those color changes they look one way at birth and by the time they hit 2-3 months old they look another color. That picture you posted today they look more seal

7. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

That change was over night. The first pic with the momma was yesterday around 3 pm. They are solid black underneath with alittle white on there chest....

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

They are cute little shits lol

9. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Thank you!

10. Give them a few weeks and if they are still blue send them to me haha

11. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

[​IMG] color update......still grey looking. The yellow on the head is a wound spray.

12. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

week and 2 days

13. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Cute pups, TopBox. You can always send one to GA!

14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

this dog was as grey as a weimaraner (sp?) when i got him and managed to end up buckskin...go figure

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Thank you. Ill keep it in mind!

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

My male housedog was born white- around a year or so he was yellow buckskin lol

17. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

TopBox can you post a public ped on those pups? I knew a man that made a pretty penny off a grown blue Eli bred dog that people assumed was a cur.

18. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I am sorry but i cant....Something im keeping to myself and a good dogman.

19. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

Hmmmmm ok, I understand.

20. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

I just came across this post. I would have thought as Madusa did, dirty red or dirty buckskin. I have had silver looking pups turn out to be light buckskin. The first time I saw them it threw me for a loop too.