1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What color Are they going to be?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TopBox, Aug 5, 2012.

1. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

[​IMG]

Ok the two little grey looking pups?????? There are not any Blue Dogs in the yard or anywhere in their peds. These are looking grey to me..... Please tell me they are going to change. :(:confused::vovvetliten:

2. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

LOL Sorry your post made me giggle.. The dog's you bred don't have to be blue to throw blue pups. Blue is a recessive gene it's also a dilute of black. Even if there are no blue dogs in the pedigree if the parent's are carriers of the gene they can throw blue pups. Don't freak out lol .. Curious are both parent's black? And what are the bloodlines?

3. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

She is black and the male is a redish brown color with a black mask. I know that there is always a possibility to throw different colors but the last thing i wanted to see was blue. Mims/Leblance blood.

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

lol I understand just know that it can happen it's not as common in game bred dogs but if both parent's are carriers of the gene they can throw blue pups. Now in regards to them being newborns pups I have seen pups appear to be one color at birth and they begin to darken or lighten up at 2-3 months old. It's really hard to say for sure if those two pups I am looking at are really blue give it a few weeks they might get lighter or darker.

5. jacko

jacko CH Dog

my crippen was brown brindle as a newborn, now he is red. lol.

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Oh just wanted to add if they do turn up to be blue give them a chance to prove themselves don't let their color hinder your judgement on wether to cull or not it's just a color at the end of the day. Gr CH Soga was blue but she earned her respect and being blue didn't stop her. So just give those blue pups a chance! :)

7. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yeah Bogart was a dirty brown color LOL Then he turned bright red lol

8. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Ill take acouple of pics in a few weeks.....and keep my fingers crossed.

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Haha you have me cracking up over here ... I pray for your sake they are really a blue black lol

10. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Good thing we had all intentions of keeping the whole litter...Still going to have to keep the blues from being seen on the yard until they prove themselves. ;)

11. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

LMAO!!!!!!! I can understand that ;) Hide them in the shade lol they always look black in the shade lol

12. jacko

jacko CH Dog

poor pups have got something to prove even before their eyes are open, lol
    you never know, they might be the best you"ve bred, but blue,lol

13. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Great idea! I think my distant neighbor has a few open shade trees.... kinda kills two birds with one stone.....shade and unseen!!

14. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

I have no dought in these little pups right now....even if they did come out an unexspected color i know whats behind them and it was done for a reason. Just caused me to scratch my head for a moment....then an hour, a day, and so on!

15. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Hows that prettyboy dog u got doin?

17. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

18. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

She is doing good!! I really like her and is one that will stay here forever! Still havent been able to get her to take yet but would love to get a few off of her. Solid Bulldog!

19. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

20. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

This is the way im going with the pups. Solo is breed right now and hope all goes well! After that ill be waiting years before i do another breeding.