1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what bloodline throw which traits?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by jaybird, Mar 24, 2007.

1. jaybird

jaybird Pup

I am going to the bellivlle show here in michigan in a few weeks justwondering what bloodlines I should inquire about. I am not looking to start a yard or breeding program I just want a larger pit maybe 65-75 lb range for male very active with a hard mouth.I like to spend time working my dog and would like a active working pit that is straight foward and wont be dominated by anything. my dog is pretty much my homeboy and i spend lots of time on spring pole and other activities with them. I like them to be protective as well of me, not crazed man biters but just a good all around bull dog.My female I had died of cancer few months ago and I am going to go to show and talk to people and see if I can find a good solid dog for myself any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Well, I know the Mayday stuff is usually on the large side and those dogs definitely have mouth.

3. simms

simms CH Dog

and what do you consider large? Mayday was fluke of his own genetics. where are you getting that info.....

4. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

sounds to me like your not going to find what your looking for in a gamebred dog.the proper bred ones won't be as large as your looking for.and they won't have the slightest thought to bite anyone since they ain't protection dogs.maybe try a rottie or something like that they are large and protective.

5. JAGER

JAGER Big Dog

why dont you just get a blue RE./GOTTI "IMO" they look nice , 70 - 90 lbs promised , big mouth, (from what i hear ) theyr known to be nice to onlythere owner, intimidating looking dog as well but its not going to be your APBT
    i think those dogs are cool. but im a APBT fan so ill stick with the 30 - 60 lbs not to big not to small, loyal to me, good with everyone, even kids, happy go lucky kind of dog

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

the reason i didn't recomend one of those was when the dog bites someone it will be labeled as another pitbull attack.and thats the last thing we need.this boy doesn't need to have any bulldog if he is wanting it to be a protection dog.ain't no sense in feeding the idiots who breed these animals pockets and causing us responsible breeders more headache.

1 person likes this.
  7. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

i have huge male that im trying to adopt out,dont know about his mouth but i cant control him hes strong and very active,beautiful orange and black brindle,he's not protective though that i can tell.most pits are not good gurd dogs,but here he is anyway.

Attached Files:

8. JAGER

JAGER Big Dog

thats why i added this in my message " im a APBT fan so ill stick with the 30 - 60 lbs not to big not to small, loyal to me, good with everyone, even kids, happy go lucky kind of dog" hopefully it will make him think

9. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

yeah i figured thats what it was in there for but even then if he is wanting it to protect him i feel uneasy [​IMG]

10. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

Get an American Bulldog. Why get an out of standard poorly bred pitbull when you can get the perfect dog for what you want in an already established breed? THey are much better as a protection dog anyway. Get a hybrid bred dog that leans more to the Scott or performance bred dogs. You will get a very hard mouthed, active, naturaly protective dog. However be warned. They are a handfull. They are a big responsibility. And if that dogs bites someone in the wrong situation then pitbulls still get the blame. Because most people including the ASPCA are very uneducated and can't tell the difference.

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I think the breed that will best suit you jaybird would be the American Bulldog. They're in the size range you want, they often have hard mouths & they are protective & devoted to family. I know a guy who uses one for a yard guard. That dog is 130lbs of don't play.

12. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

American bulldogs are good for protection?anyone knoe of any good breeders with wedsites where i could learn about them?

13. simms

simms CH Dog

Go to the pound ....save a life. There are plenty to choose from, i'll bet theres one that suits you.

14. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

There are some good breeders. Be careful who you buy from. Trust me spend the money and go to a well known breeder. Search for Joshua Kennels, Sure Grip Kennels, Sanders Kennels, Konfederate Kennels, Jack Osgood breeds great bulldogs. Call any of these guys and they will lead you in the right direction. Just stay away from BYB's. Esp with AB's

15. NC

NC CH Dog

A very good friend of mine purchased an American Bulldog from http://www.swampdogkennels.com/ A few years ago and this dog is as bad as I've ever seen. He's 125 pounds of ass whoop.. I don't even walk up in his yard and that dog knows me but thats as protective a dog as I've ever without training and he hunts hog with him as well great catch dog too.

16. jaybird

jaybird Pup

I am sorry maybe I was miss understood because if you ask for info on a larger pitbull people assume you want a 100 lb. dog which i didnt re. gottie razors edge. which I didnt. I was lookin for a dog around the 65 lbs. or so, far from gottie razors edge size. I never said I needed a game breed pit either, I dont plan on breeding it or showing it, matching it, or doing anything except exercising it and spending my time with it. Tudors black jack was a big pit same with may day and some rozmus dogs also Ironline says on his web that his dogs can be 65 on the top end and that his dogs are protective of their owners does that mean his are any less real pits? Thanks for the reply about am bulls but I dont think they are very active and tend to be like the gotti dogs and such plus they have health problems. I dont like rottie been bit by one as a kid.My female that died of cancer was around 55 lbs or so had a hard mouth loved to work was protective of the house and loved kids.I dont believe any other breed loves their owners as much as a pit which is why I want one and not anything else. She was the best dam all around dog I ever had, and I adopted her from somebody that dumped her off. I am considering adopting another one also. I just want to get a good dog for myself and figured people here would know what dogs tend to have a little more size than say a 35 lb dog and were just good working dogs thats all. All I am looking for is a good size workin dog thats all doesnt mean I want a 100lb. 1/2 mastiff 1/2 pit, if thats what i was lookin for I would have asked that. If any one has helpull info I very much appreciate it and thank you for it.And thank you again for the people who are helping me out. I will look into am bulls but I have heard many bad things about there health, and my friend had one but it wasnt active but he may have a poorly bred one I dont know.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  17. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Exactly if you want a protection dog an APBT is not the breed you are looking for!

18. jaybird

jaybird Pup

I dont want a pit for protection as much as for its desire to work and its personality with kids. I have nieces and nephews over all the time and all my friends kids they used to ride my girl like a horse. My nieces loved my dog. She just wouldnt let someone who didnt belong into the house but if you did belong she loved everyone thats all. I have owned a doberman before and he was totally unpredictable with people and dogs were as my pit pretty much loved everyone except dirtballs.

19. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

oh im not looking to buy just want learn about them.Thanks for the kennel names i will look at them ,i just want to see standards,personalitie and such.

20. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

Whoever told you that AB's aren't active doesn't know what they are talking about. That or the only AB they have seen is a crappy extreme Johnson type dog. These are about as much AB as a 120lbs Gotti dog is APBT. If you get a hog dog bred AB you are getting more dog then you will probally ever use. Way more drive then most APBT's. Comparing a good working AB to a Gotti line dog is like comparing a Corvette to a Honda Accord.

They may not be as dog aggressive unless you get a heavy bred Painter dog, which are as dog aggressive as any pitbull. MY AB was out of heavy Man O War hog dog lines and he would chew through a fence and kill anything on four legs. He ripped open two dog crates and got out. His mother was shot for killing livestock.

That being said he was great in the house after about 9 months old. And he was the best natural protector I have ever seen in any breed. And I have seen them all. He loved my children. He stopped an attempted home invasion when my wife an 1 year old son were home alone. Alot of these so called AB's you see around town are just shells of a breed not unlike alot of the APBT's you now see. They are a fad breed just like APBT's and are being ruined just the same.