1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What a Zebo dog should really look like (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by ABK, Nov 24, 2007.

1. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

They truly believed it because they bred him into there eli stock

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I am of the same opinion. But where is the X-Pert in Zebo's ped? I must have overlooked that. It would answer my question as to why Lonzo bred his modern stock back to a Ruffian dog (via the Hands blood). I always wondered why he did that.

Blessings ...

3. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

this pics deceaving, he's standing in 4" grass hiding some of his long legs, makes him seem short and stocky, he was a good looking beast!

5. I thought the same thing don't remember seeing that in Zebo's pedigree.........

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG]

nice looking gyp, the other pic of India i cant see, might be my computer tho...

7. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
  8. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

That centipede and katie dog are from my town:)

9. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

GrCh Zebo is 5 x's Mc Craw's Snowball and the X-Pert blood is in the bottom side of Snowball. Doesn't appear to be much but considering Zebo is 5 x's McCraw's Snowball it adds up. Also Tudor's Lou's pedigree is blank and if I remember correctly there is more X-Pert blood there. Some of the old Staffs were very good dogs. Great dogs like Patrick's Red Baby ROM and Adam's GrCh Kingfish carry 1/8 of the same Staff blood.

10. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

very true look i been using lonzo bred dogs for a long time they were very inbred screaming for a out cross i like to use chinaman and jeep rb crosses with my blood and i been seing what good high bred vigor these dogs can make now there are some that can produce bred tight just maybe the dogs i used i had sucsess with but i been using this blood for over ten years now and happy with my programs direction:)as for breeding into eli dogs and it working there are many crosses that have worked focuss on yer dogs at hand and you will get ferther in the long run

11. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

ohh yeah as far as the staff inlunce maybe we should all try it cause that hole litter was above avg either way that was one litter ii would kept all to myself

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I would not laugh as the AST influence, CH. Buba had it too & he was a good dog who produced the same! I guess ole Lonzo knew what he was doing! ;)

Blessings ...

13. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

Let me make this perfectly clear. You can't compare the game AmStaffs of 40 yrs ago to the 100 lb Staff/Mastiff crap mutts of today! NOBODY in their right mind would cross that garbage into gamedogs.

14. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I myself don't think anyone in their right mind should judge a dog by it's appearance &/or pedigree.

I once had a 65 lb female pitterstaff who didn't have any game dogs in her ped for 6 generations, yet she would have been dead game if you let her (found out via an accident, so no one freak out on me) & I have had dogs who were had a pure game bred pedigree who weren't worth a flip.

I would never advocate using a bandogge in a program (i.e. 100 lb Staff/Mastiff crap), however on the flip side I would not advocate using a purebred APBT who wasn't up to par either.

JMHO.

Blessings ...

15. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

good subjeect the staffs from way back then were a hole diff dog then the staffs of today 1 my first lonzo dogs waz crossed with alil bit staff but she was a great dog even went ont to produce so i guess its all under the fur not what u see on the outside if ya dig

16. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

First people must realize Lonzo bred dogs are not Zebo bred dogs.He bred around Vindy and Rosie not around Zebo.. Also Zebo looks just like Andy and Snowball no doubt about that.. He was not a son of Eli he was bred as said.. Blood crosses excellent best i seen of Zebo dogs were crossed to Eli/Bolio...

17. I agree with most of your post except the best cross with Zebo that I know of is to Eli blood..........jmo

18. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Just try and breed good dogs. They will speak for themselves!

19. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

agreed many ppl try to chase old dogs get good dog breed good dogs and have a honest program and with time invested u will see results with any line or group of dogs u decide to use when i speak of my crosses it is what i been doing now understand also the lonzo blood is bred around mike vindy rosie and a lil bit of zebo but based on Lonzo's andy and more resent king elvis danger muscle now if u look at his breedings he based everything of what made zebo Lonzo's Andy i even asked lonzo 1 time why did u ever sell anything out that litter he said i had what made zebo ..........

20. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

When you have what made it you can take all kinds of chances.But you may end up kickin' yourself in the ass.All we can do is try to have good dogs!