1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What a surprise

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by HudsonKennels, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Hey everyone...i just recently purchased my first gamebred dog http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=332932 she is a great dog.
    Thing is my chick has this damn purse dog that gets on my last nerve...ive been raising them together for about the last seven months but the little dog always tries to punk my bulldog and at most times he is successful...he takes her food,toys ect. and is always the aggressor whats up wit that lol, but i always repremend him... we dont show either one of them more love than the other...i figured they could be cool if they were rasied together at a early but i think this might become a problem...:confused:

2. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Very nice dog... sire's got a head on him, haha.
    How are you correcting the little dog? You may need to take it up a notch, just a little, if what you're doing now doesn't work.

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

give it time, if you allow this to continue, the little guy will no longer be a problem.......seriously, dont allow that crap or the only thing thats gonna be in her purse is some lipstick and a checkbook. and why would it be cool to raise an APBT with another dog?

4. i seperate him immediately and continue to tell him NO!!! and he knows what I'm talking about...lol

5. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

i would give it max of another six months before the purse dog is just that , a purse.
    their is no way in the world that that little dog is going to be alive in the next year if you allow them to be together, in fact i will bet on it.

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

actually i have raised man an APBT game bred and not around small breeds of dogs cockers and other small terriers along with mutts and honestly just because he is a pitbull does not mean that he is gonna kill the lil fiesty dog it is a possibility but i have never had that problem eventually they figure out whos the boss more than most times the smaller dog that was older remained boss of the house because he got the bluff on the apbt pup when he was young of course there is always a chance but if u are willing to work with them i dont see why they couldnt get along just dont add to the problem by feeding them together having toys around both at the same time ect i had a small terrier mix that would literally sleep on top of my larger male when it got a lil colder out they were the best of friends i think more times than not the owner of the pitbull can make it possible for the 2 to live together unless the young pup grows up to be overly animal aggressive

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im glad my woman doesnt like foo-foo dogs. they rate just above a cat in my book

8. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

Not trying to be a dick seriously I am not a stir the pot person but...How did you get a game bred dog and keep it like this...by the way in my opinion game bred is a dead word...i hate papers..by that I mean the dog makes the papers but keeping a dog that is tight bred with a little anckle biter is asking for problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
  9. Trying to come up with some excuse to get rid of the little bastard but she loves that damn thing...:o

10. AGame

AGame CH Dog

are you speaking of my post ? and if so i dont fully understand what you are asking

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i was just busting your chops man, keep the little f*cker if she loves it, just watch out for the little things that can trigger your dog. treats, toys, etc..

12. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

Not you but you get it gotta remove all things that can set it off as Woody d said

13. I thought about putting her on the sun porch but its just to damn cold. When i purchased my pup she never liked to stay in a cage so i let out since the guy who i got her from said it was ok...ive always tried to correct the problem with the two of them but the little dog still plays tough guy...

14. when they go out and play its like their the best of friends...but if my dog has a toy or treat the little dog gets aggresive.

15. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Is the little dog also aggressive towards humans when someone tries to take food/toys?

16. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

Like gorilla said it is only a matter of time..

17. No, he loves ppl..but i have observed him doing the same to other dogs...

18. popper

popper CH Dog

thats how mu little female was at 6 months age she would always get punled out .... now i gotta watch her around all dogs cause she wants to get at evreything.... you better stop thatlittle dog now or you wont be having a gf nomore i promise you that . that little dog will get dealt with when your dog matures. he is still a puppy

19. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

i have a very good friend who was in the same situation and was dumb enough to let the dogs chill together when he and his partner were at work, they got along great most of the time and after three years the chick come home and thought someone had been murdered in the house, the toy dog ended up being in four peices there was blood in everyroom of the house pretty much every where from the corpse being shook around the house. she freaked out , the dog who was an english staff, just greeted her as normal not knowing the weight of what it had done, was actually pretty happy with itself.
    it took alot of bargaining and two weeks out of the house for him to clean it all up, for him to keep his dog.

so just think about wheather you want to put yourself in the same situation.
    or wheather or not you want to be single!

it may not ever happen but chances are it will.

20. quinny

quinny Big Dog

geez a cat i wouldnt even go that far! But like they said id just seperate them before the purse dog becomes herse dog!