1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Were Dogman of the Past Cruel?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BrokenBread, Nov 1, 2009.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I would thank you 5 times if I could;)

2. AGK

Absolutly! Just like I think it's cheating in tennis, football, MMA, Boxing, Cycling, Swimming, baseball, cricket, rugby lol and any other compition sport out there.

3. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

lol. horse raceing isnt anything like the sports you listed.

4. AGK

I realize that, the point was in the last 7 words of my post. Which Horse racing falls into that catagory..

5. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

Then please explain why it is cheatin in horses for courses?

6. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

Some were harder on there dogs for sure. Back in the day Buckshot Bert's dogs were lucky to make it till sundown. But he was more selective prior to 1976 and his %s showed.

7. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

people forget what time was like before the interweb, things moved sloooowly.
    people held onto traditions that they brought over on the boat with a death grip. Most of that has been lost in todays fast paced, fast food society.

8. AGK

It's just the way I feel, always have, always will. I don't even know what you mean by courses(I don't do horses:D), but if it's a competition between other horses then there is no need for me to explain, I already have said my opinion on why, several times in this thread. It comes down to Enhancment vs. Natural in short. I can see both sides of the coin, I just tend to favor the other.:cool:

9. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

Some consider altitude training cheating. I ask is the use of performance supplements cheating also because they havent been around all the time and everyone doesnt use them so guess they have a unfair advantage too?

10. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

well put this goes for everything today ..fast food nation lol

11. WWII

WWII Banned

I don't think it's cheating, period.

And to those saying the wins don't matter because it doesn't show the dog's natural ability... Are you serious? You should know the dog's natural ability before putting a bet on him.

Match dogs =/= game dogs

12. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Using steroids is cheating IMO... However lets keep in mind you match a dog for sport. the object is to win not to see/show the dogs natural ability. Thats what the schooling and testing is for. now it wouldn't make much sence to use roids why schoolin or testing. Whouldn't show you much about the dogs ability and you wouldnt really know what you got....... my point is this by the time the dog hits [ ] . it should already beknow if he got it or not. At that point it's bout bringing home the win... JMO

Vic

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  13. Boze

Boze Top Dog

if you think pro boxers do not juice you rte out of your mind usually they will juice untill they get to a championship fight because that is the only time they test you

14. Boze

Boze Top Dog

all th juice ithe workld aint gonna make a dog scratch and this game is a scratchin contest

15. WWII

WWII Banned

According to some, it'll turn the dog into Krypto.

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

this thread is hilarious.

17. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

Hell yeah dont cull just juice got three triple grchamp pullers all where currs tell i hit im with my magic juice:p

18. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

The new phrase that pays "dont cull just juice"

19. BLU3BR1NDLE

BLU3BR1NDLE Big Dog

LMAO. Comedy:)

20. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

they make u pissed more agressive who knows...I am well versed on the subject not with canines though.