1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight walking harness

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by picasso, May 16, 2012.

1. picasso

picasso Big Dog

I am wanting a weighted harness, not weight a pull harness. You can call it a back pack weighted vest or whatever. Anyone recommend a certain style or brand. I have searched and the prices are all over the places. Also reviews are crazy as the selection of crap or overpriced nice equipment. Far as weight itself a couple pounds no more than 10 -15 tops would adquate and it would be nice to be able to adjust the weight quickly for different applications during training. Just wondering?

2. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Have you looked at the Stillwater or O Brien's kennel supply websites?

3. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

weighted collars are sold by stillwater and obriens. i use stillwater. you do not want a weighted vest.

4. picasso

picasso Big Dog

Appreciate the concern but this isn't my first rodeo by far. Thank you for the comment. No I haven't went there Irish. Thanks.

5. picasso

picasso Big Dog

Went there and no luck at either place. Thanks again Irish.

6. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Why not get a backpack? Seems easier to find a great quality pack and you can easily control your weight, plus its less hard on the dogs body and wont throw off its biomechanics like a weighted vest.. Just an idea..

7. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

8. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

9. picasso

picasso Big Dog

That is where I am ending up at and thanks pookie! Northdogger thanks for the link, seems like a good one there.

10. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

No problem! Gonna buy one myself soon. Weighted west can be used for more then a backpack IMO. It doesnt hinder the dogs movement as much as a backpack does. The backpacks are cool for camping or hiking with your dog, but I wouldnt use it for a keep.

11. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

My problem was finding one light enough that it wouldn't pull down on the spine. I gave up, what I found would hurt more than help

12. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog