1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight Pulling

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RobSanders, Nov 1, 2014.

1. New to the forum. I just got a pup last week. I am interested in weight pulling. Any advice would be helpful. I know I have to wait til he grows to start pulling. Don't want to put any stress on his body.

2. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

ok while hes a pup just buy a puppy training harness to get him use to the harness as he grows around 8 months hitch him to a wagon or some thing and walk him around the yard or around the block a few times to get him use to having something behind him as your training moves along add stuff to the wagon just so itll have weight to it than he wont be afraid to pull heavy stuff that's how ive all ways trained my pups

3. Thanks, It's gonna be a while. He's only 7 weeks old right now. I don't know if you would know but is Boudreaux bloodline good for weight pulling? That's what he is.

4. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

yea ik this guy with Boudreaux bloodline and his dog is a 6 time weight pulling champion

5. Joel77

Joel77 Pup

6. Definitely gotta get him in something. Gonna need to burn some energy.