1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weight Pull Diet

Discussion in 'Weight Pull Training' started by BigPat1978, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Hey Guys I Have Started My Male And Female On Pulling And They Are Doing Great, But What I Need Help With Is. There Any Certian Kind Of Dog Food I Need To Be Feeding Or Will Any Kind Of Performance Dog Food Do Ok. Right Now Im Feeding Diamond Dog Food With Lamb Is That Ok Or Should I Feed Some Thing Else Any Help Would Be Greatly Helpful

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I wouldn't change food just for a sport. Just remember to adjust the amount you feed to accomodate the new exercise regimen. Nobody can tell you how to do that, though. Its something you've got to work out through trial and error. I am constantly tweaking my dogs' food amount based on how much exercise they've been getting, if they need to lose/gain weight, etc.

ETA: I personally wouldn't feed Diamond to my dogs, but if yours are doing well on it, that's a matter of personal choice. We've got gobs of threads about "what to feed," if you want to search them out.

3. i sure could use any advice i am realy just trying to start down the right path u know and its hard when noone around u is into the sport u like. i will look around and see if i can find a better diet for them cause i want every advantage i can give them thank you very much for the advice