1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Weekend Hunter

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by BravoTx, May 20, 2011.

1. BravoTx

BravoTx Pup

I currently reside in an apartment and need to know if the dwelling would be suitable for me and a patty for the weekly living. I own 10 acres in Richland, Tx that I plan to start hunting small game on an currently just have a tin can on the property that I camp in . I keep reading that apartment living is not for this dog.

2. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

I did it its really not that hard with the proper exercise if not they become destructive as all hell

3. I have 2 patterdales and 2 pitbulls, the patts definitely need "something" to do EVERYDAY!!! The go stir crazy, so if you can commit at least an hour walk a day then go for it if not you will both be very unhappy.

4. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

Yes, I have made the same experiences. If you don't work them every day they start to destroy everything, ...and also begin dogfighting.

5. BravoTx

BravoTx Pup

Well I'm home all day and manage to run everyday so I hope this little sucker likes running. I think it should expend a good amount of energy. The only time I ain't up is when I'm sleeping and I've been running a good 10 years on 4 hours of sleep. I'm a real active person.
    What's a good crate to keep em? Should I get wire or is plastic sufficient?