1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Want to have a game dog and pulling dog and breed them

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by carson3535, Oct 6, 2004.

1. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

I have a female pup that is 3.5 months old her blood line is Coby(not colby) and Henzil, my inlaws have raised bird dogs for 30 something years and supported his family off of that. And now we moved out here by them in the woods and I like to hunt, so the father and grandfather is going to help me teach her how to be a tracking dog for game. She has been getting the basics down real good. But I just make it a game no hard training just playing and haveing fun and watching her.

Now the male I get in 4 more weeks his blood line is Avants and Castillo both of his parents are big and compete in weight pulling. So I thought I would give him a try in weight pulling when he was of age to train.

The question is could I have them for gameness and weight pulling and breed them (if they both check out good to be able to bred by my vet.) And have a good name for them are should I have them both do one thing.
    Please give me your input on this, if I can have one for gameness and one for weight pulling and produce some good pups in tha future. Thanks

2. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

You are talking about hog hunting right?

3. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

Well from my understanding to hog hunt it takes more than just one dog.I've seen pits come back from hog hunting and be cut all up. But hog hunting has crssed my mine but may be later when I got more dogs. But for now I was focusing on deer.

4. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

I have seen one dog take down a hog, and I have also seen one hog take out two dogs. I think you can breed for gameness and weightpulling, you would be surprised to see how strong a 40lb pit can be. Take your time and breed carefully to get good results.

5. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

Thanks a lot bro, grew up around chows and Akitas but took alikeing to pitbulls for there gameness abilty to never want to quit. So pm with any info I should keep in mind