1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Virgil

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by drunkmuppet, Oct 10, 2009.

1. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

2. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

3. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

Not really about mattering . Actually could have been better asked as a poll question. But three dogman that i know, two of which, have taken me under their wing had this "spirited" debate over the ped. I don't own any of the blood, but just wanted to see which ped folks on this forum recognize. Kinda like boxing, everyone doesn't recognize all belts. And the next time i need you to tell me what should matter to me, will be the next time I stop being me.:cool:

The Drunkmuppet

4. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

I never told YOU what should matter to YOU! You asked the question of which Ped do we respect and I said..... at this point it doesn't really matter. Soooooo..........I'M SAYING, at this point, it doesn't matter TO ME!!!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
  5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

eh no need to argue about it because truth is he is a mayfeild dog just like every other good dog over the last 30 years..........................JK rip D.M:cool:

6. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

wasn't arguing. i asked a question. Seemed to me the cat came off sideways. Said what i said. Boom goes the dynamite. By the way did you send me a question about a piece of paper:confused: Shouldn't matter if all good dogs come down from DM right:confused:

The Drunkmuppet

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

listen bro your barking up the wrong tree with that smart ass remark......"By the way did you send me a question about a piece of paper" you know damn well i asked you if that pup came from so & so or so & so i never asked you anything about papers.

8. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Simmer down now Drunken Muppett simmer down now

9. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

I didn't think I was being rude at all. Anyway, it wasn't my intention to come off that way. No harm no foul!:D To get back to the original question. Wasn't DNA done and showed Virgil was not littermates to Ch Whiskey?

10. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

What's that mean? Just posting dude. Not giving a care either way. still would like to know what ped folks acknowledge though. Simmer down? ok then.

11. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

Not baking up any tree mr brockton. I am just backing your statement that al good dogs ame down from DM. so when you ask me about a pup coming down from here or there, i take that as a ped question. If it wasn't then it wasn't.

12. NobleKnls

NobleKnls Pup

WTF? I think the ped that most people "respect" is the pedigree from the ADBA. No there was never any DNA tests done. Gambler waited until it was to late to do a DNA test, then said he would do it if someone else paid for it... Brother/sister DNA is not as accurate as father/son DNA tests. I think Gambler would have more to gain if he was off of the panther dog. There would be more money to be made, and that is what he is all about. The bottom Dollar...
    Who really cares? Virgil produced good dogs that are producing good dogs. I have seen my share of them, and IMO the best crosses are the O. Stevens Virgil and the FatBill's Bolero. Personally, I like the Fatbills cross the most. I have noticed that, they are really high ability dogs you just better hope they don't go into deep waters. That is why we are doing this LTOK Virgil/Redman, to keep the high ability but put some bottom under it... Should be a great breeding, both parents are fine representatives of their families. None will be sold.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2009
  13. drunkmuppet

drunkmuppet Big Dog

Let me edit my original thought. the respect that i am trying to get is this: someone tells you they have a bulldog down off virgil. The first thing out of forum posters is "let's see the ped". the ped is posted. which one would you rather see the virgil dog down from? The panther heavy breeding or the colby dog? Doesn't matter either way. i don't own any dog off virgil. Just trying to get opinions. and why you go either way. not caring about dna profiling either. Just wanna see why you would prefer, maybe a better word, to see how the dog was bred. No Harm No Foul.

The Drunkmuppet

14. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

That alternate ped shows him going back to AmStafs in just a few generations! Never knew about this debate over his pedigree...

15. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I would go heavy panther he just has the look of that family

16. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I belive the whole bought from a byb at the Flea market story....dont know why other than the fact that If he were to chose what ped he had,Gambler would have more to gain by saying he was a tight panther dog. Drunken Muppett ..Simmer down just means simmer down lol. Northernoutlaw ment no dissrespect,yet you seemed offended.

17. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

18. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

If he is a heavy panther dog the suff probably would be a good try too a ntoby dog that would be some good zebo stock if it works

19. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

20. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

i do also big...
    G is around here someone could ask him instead of just arguing about it...
    when i look at virgil dogs i dont think a certain line i think virgil crossed with what produced what....like the g virgil o virgil crossed dogs, or the g virgil fat bill crossed dogs... or even breedings done where the blend g virgil crosses.... which loosens up on traits from crossed families and focuses on virgils genetics...

but bottom line virgil was an amazing dog who produced very high caliber bulldogs... and the line is still strong, so who cares if hes bred from chihuahuas if he throws bulldogs id feed one down from him...

the G got blessed with a good dog, and he did a very good job developing high quality line of bulldogs(even off a dog that may have had unknown ancestry)... maybe one day g ill have a chance to own a dog off your yard..