1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

villa liberty's (carver dgs)

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Ike_Dog, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Ike_Dog

Ike_Dog Pup

anybody heard of them???

2. mixx

mixx Pup

very good stuff

3. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Don´t think so!

4. nwo

nwo Banned

WEll hes a peddler and doesnt realise his carver and his boudreaux blood is fake, the only blood on his yard i know is bred right is his heinzl , as for the carver and boudreaux , i think they seen him coming if you know what i mean.

5. They are dogs bred based entirely on papers with the goal being to repeat a breeders name as many times as possible without regard to the quality of the dogs in question. The ones I have seen were lackluster with little to no fire in them at all. As far as qualities, we found them to be slow, no ability and fast to quit dogs. We tried a breeding to one and were not satisfied with the results.
    I suppose it depends on what your objectives are but if you are looking for working animals I suggest you look elsewhere. If you want a pet, they are probably as good as any other.

6. nwo

nwo Banned

Hi gringo , can you elaborate on the ones you seen , were they from villa liberty ,as they are in spain and i never heard you talk about having dogs from them before, or has someone else from latin /south america imported them and used them for you to say that , and as mr mp of villa liberty is not known to show , why would you or anyone form your parts import a dog from him knowing he never has or will show his stock.
    Now i know his heinzl blood is real as he got his female direct from ds ,but he believes he has 100% pure carver blood lol and his boudreaux blood he also thinks is exactly as the ped shows , which maybe in part correct , but as i dont believe the foundation on floyds dogs to be 100% correct , that makes those and most other boudreaux blood in part fake as far as the peds go, regardless of the quality of the dogs , so if villa libertys blood , is as you say ,and i belive it , to be not of the type you would use , if we look at his peds they are as good as many carver and boudreax fans could want , so either the dogs are not bred as his papers show ,or that line of carver and boudreaux that he runs were not any good , what do you believe is going on with villa liberty ,and do you think he jsut had bad luck when he got his foundation stock (like lots of people do) or do you think that his foundation stock of carver and boudreux were not entirely bred as the papers show, and therefore maybe he was sold some turkeys so to speak? below is a link to thier website for anyone who wants to take a look .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
  7. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

nwo what does a ped tells you?

Only about the ancestry of the dog!

He doesn´t tell you about health, drive, working abilities and quality aswell!

So, see I´m from europe and he has also "partners" in Germany, near Hannover........well they might be good pets but they are definitely no working dogs! I´ve never seen even legal working titles on them like Weight Pull, Schutzhund....... and so on! Only thing is marketing these dogs and sell them to make a buck!

8. magma

magma Pup

hello

peddler from the worst kind, sales some pups to every idiot with enough money in hand. as it was said above his only claims to fame are "100% Carver ..." lol.

im far away from happy that this peddler has started out now to sale some maverick bred dogs as most of them will end up where they not belong, the "boudreaux" dog himself has produced legit dogs.

NWO of course the pedigree is important, but much more important is to check the quality from the offspring generation after generation and the man behind this dogs.

regardles how some of the dogs from floyd maybe are after all this years we know how they should act and we know which crosses have a good chance to click.

in the case from VL you do not have to worry about good or bad foundation dogs as he will bred them aniway - without any testing (health tests) and without any selection.

regards
    Magma

9. nwo

nwo Banned

Iagree , so i think you read my post wrong , infact i think mr mp is like a lot of peddlers , he wants to amke a name and be a hero for the breed with his fiapbt , and his registry , which has over 500,000 apbt entries , and you pay 22 euros approx $30 so do the maths ,hes making serious money , and if you read some of his beliefs about carver and others (all the blood he runs ) its like he thinks he really has 100% non fake peds for all his blood, and the only true bred dogs he has are from his hienzl female .

10. nwo

nwo Banned

Hi magma, which boudreuax dog produced some legit dogs villa libertys stud dog?

11. magma

magma Pup

Hello

i will not put the name up here as those guys are also in europe. but the VL stuf "boudreaux/bullyson" you will find only one time in the second generation from this mentioned dog. on top he is down from a tight el negro male. the other 25% is from the old VL stuff.

aniway the guy is noth woth to write so much about him.

regards
    Magma

12. NWO the dogs I saw belonged to my partner who bought her when he was in university in Spain and brought them back with him when he graduated. One was a carver papered dog and the other who we tried a breeding with was crossed to some Callejas blood from the Canary Islands.

I don't know about pedigrees much but my dogs also carry Heinzl in them and I also bred to D's main stud but I got good dogs, average ones and bad ones and they all shared exactly the same pedigree. The point being that a pedigree tells you nothing about the quality of a dog otherwise all dogs in a litter would be the same. The quality of performance is entirely dependant on the maintenance of such performance by continuous testing and selection and has little to do with a digs pedigree. Unfortunately the breeder in question doesn't do either and the dogs reflect it.

What I will say about Mariano is that inspite of his activities for profit, he has done and is doing a lot to fight for the breed worldwide and I commend him for his efforts. But I /we found no other use for his dogs beyond being pets and his version of the history behind the breed is laughable at best and sad at worst. But as I said, I respect all his work protecting the breed.

13. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i don't think we need people to protect the breed ......they only have money in the back of their head.....the best protection for the breed is underground .
    beside this people are responsable that ..thousends of wanne bees ..and fake people are walking around with those dogs ....

14. Spania

Spania Pup

The guy is a peddler and NO series dogman, from those ereas takes him as a real dogman eather..!! he sells pups for 1500euro...lol..lol..!! he dont stand for dog fighting and etc..etc..!! but he jerks of evry day about carver and his dogs that he have in his pedgrees...lol..lol..to me thats dobbel moral...!!!

Saludos

15. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Key, what really did hurt the breed as first was publishing magazines and inviting reporters to have a glance at the bussines! Do you remember the documentary from the mid 1970ties when they have been allowed to join Davis and also have been to Sparks yard? Second what did hurt was the ones who began selling to the public!
    Back in the years everyone knew if a dog came from Holland it was clear he was from "fighting" stock! As none of the Netherland people ever did care too much about keeping things private! Later on as the media already had their focus on the dogs it was the beginning of big time back yard breeding and peddling! Without following their own regulations by the "core" of the game back yard breeders, peddlers and wanna be´s aswell as the media and finally the humane groups and the government had the opportunity to jump in!

See, I remeber the days when I walked one of my dogs and the people thanked me for not cropping my Boxers! LOL!
    Aswell as my Bullterriers didn´t cause any fearfull reaction but quite the opposite as people wondered how one can choose such a funny looking and ugly dog!

So who is really to blame for?

Next big big trap has been the internet! In the beginnings again the "core" shared almost everything! And the opportunity to post video clips and the such even made it worse!

So the people that are not in the game, peddling, back yard breeding only jumped on the train that has been already moved by the so called "core"!

So I dop think stepping up to prevent and fight BSL is a important thing as it is a matter of our constitutional rights not to be discriminated!

See this kind of discrimination, regarding dogs, could be seen as a training for other discrimination that might follow and effecting bigger parts of society if not (again) humans!
    See, people that keep, breed and like bulldogs are a minority! They suffer from bad press and individual fails from within their own group! You, the board members and I aren´t judged by our personal actings but by the image that has been put upon us! As we are a small group and have that kind of bad reputation, we don´t have any lobby at all! So discriminating laws that are taken away our constitutional rights could easily be established and even they are more than often granded by judges whose job it is to protect our constitutional rights! But again they are already influenced by established prejudices and therefore acting like this!

Within humans it isn´t far too long ago that this did work out also and, especially europe, now has to deal with millions of victims and a pretty dark period within its history!

That´s why it is absolutely necessary to step up whenever discriminating laws that are clearly against the constitutional rights of each and everybody appear!

It saddens me that everyone who is keeping his dogs properly, take good care on them and never did anything against the law has to suffer from actions by people that are misstreating their dogs, use them as a weapon, allow accidents to happen and doing illegal activities and not keeping their bussines secret!

In turn these people that did right with their dogs are the only ones to step up, investing money on law suits against BSL even they didn´t cause the problem!

So some people from the core of the game started this problem way back! And now they blame it onto other peoples!

16. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

If you didn´t see the documentation, well this is it:

[video=youtube;OCcZ8CU1RKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCcZ8CU1RKc[/video]

17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

nowa this days ..you don't know if you have a carver dog .,,but that is old news .
    ==================================================================
    i don't think that movie from sparks is a problem ....don also was ready to make a movie with a english ...people .....in the 80 ties .....pity it did not work
    ================================================================
    they are not telling to bring the game dog into the bedroom ...because it went wrong there -----------------------------------
    ===============================================================

18. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Yes, but it created the desire within some people to have the toughest dog in the neighbourhood!
    And guess what?
    Someone sold these dogs to these people and these people had their own ideas of how these dogs should be like!

19. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

The difference today is that folks would breed to that "shy" dog or the b/w dog that tussled with the red bitch PS was walking because of its ped.

PS told it as it is........ That he was looking for a 2hr dog. Most dogs today are bred from rank or rough curs...... rarely did they get a "cold" dog as todays breeding programs are not selective enough. "cold dogs" being a freak in a super game bred family.

That means that the chances of being saddled with a POS dog that craps all day and barks at the moon...... are very high.

Pick the right kennel as there is no substitute for quality.

20. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

And most of all take you time!
    Look at as many different yards as possible!
    Get an exact idea of what you are looking for and look if you find a kennel, breeding and then puppy or dog that fits the things you are looking for!