1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

videos - Sniper @ flyball & Kainda @ agility

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by ultimatek9, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

videos - Sniper @ flyball & Kainda @ agility

Here are a couple of videos that I took at training tonight. Hope you enjoy.

Kainda, 3yr old Patterdale Terrier, running at agility training.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGKxZ6WbQDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGKxZ6WbQDg[/ame]

Sniper, 4 1/2 month old Jack Russell Terrier, during flyball training.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coEQJS4Z68g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coEQJS4Z68g[/ame]

Thanks for looking.

2. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

Re: videos - Sniper @ flyball & Kainda @ agility

nice videos. I can tell you really care for your dogs! How old is your patterdale? that jrt's is huge for 4.5 months!- nice small chest though. What would you say are the major differences between your Patterdale and jrt ???

3. blanch

blanch Big Dog

good vid's,can other breeds compete with collies in flyball?
    i think if any breed could it would be a terrier.

4. bauer

bauer Top Dog

cool vids love the russell use to have one just like him but not as smart...

5. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

Thanks.
    Kainda will be 3yrs on Sunday (12/12).
    Sniper's sire is 15" tall exactly and his dam is 12.5". We are expecting him to be around 14.5". I will be happy as long as he stays under 15", even if it's just by a hair.
    My patterdale is much calmer in the house. She seems to understand the difference in when it's time to work and when it's time to relax. She also isn't a barker at all, unlike all of my JRTs have been.
    However, I think because JRTs have been breed more selectively as pets and performance dogs, and not so much hunters anymore; I feel that they are more trainable and have better focus on what is asked of them.
    Kainda does great in agility (and when she tried flyball), but if she catches a smell, she is gone. She doesn't give two shits who is calling her or what you have to offer her. She won't call off of a scent.

Flyball is open to any breed or mix. I have two APBTs, a BC, a Min Pin, and a SBT that are currently racing. I also used to run a deaf Dogo Argentino.

Sniper is beyond smart. Sometimes it is just plain annoying.

6. 372kpa

372kpa Pup

i like the jack russell

7. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Kainda sounds awesome.

My daughter has wanted her own dog for awhile & is set on getting a little patterdale terrier to hunt with.

How do you think a patterdale would do at tracking blood trails from deer?

Her dad made a deal with her, bring home straight A's and she gets her own dog.

She brought home 2 A's, 2 B+ and one C. She has never had an A before or a B+, so she's on her way.

8. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

Thanks.
    My husband wants to train Kainda to trail deer too. The only real complication I see, is that Kainda wants to hunt everything (raccoon, opossum, hogs). Pretty much, she will take off after anything she can catch a scent on.
    I would say, if you imprint the pup early enough, it shouldn't be a problem.

9. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Thanks, that's good to know.